The Dating Thread--take 2

Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by Pel »

A place to discuss the ups and downs of relationships and get some friendly advice and support.
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

This is carried over from the last board! (And if you didn't read about my Andy update and you want to (it's kind of important... haha) then look on page 99 of the last thread!)

LAYLA:
Yeah, I know. Haha. But I honestly don't want to make him quit if it's that big of a part of him. I want him to quit if he wants to quit. That's part of the reason Cara can't get him to quit, because he just doesn't want to. He wants to for her, but if he doesn't want to for himself, he never will, you know?

SHIV:
Awww, hon, we missed you! I'm glad you're back! *hugs* I'm sorry that you've had a bad month. And Zoe has, too. If I knew her, I'd hug her, too! So why did you kiss Jord? If you like Dan, and he was seemingly back in the picture, that doesn't make much sense to me. You need to elaborate, hon. And as for Zoe... she really needs to take a pregnancy test. One of those fancy ones that tell you however many days before your missed period that you're pregnant. Because if she is, you need to decide what to do as soon as possible. As for Jay... what a jerk! Really, he isn't worth anyone's time. And if Zoe is[i/] pregnant, Jay's going to have to take some responsibility and be a part of things. He can't just leave her out in the cold. I hope things start getting better for you! :]

LANDIANA:
...Maybe you want him to know something's up..? You're already each other's prom backup dates... Really, there's no harm in flirting back. You say you can't, but you can. I promise. Give it a try, don't be afraid. :]

Andy was texting me last night and he said:
Can I ask you a question? Why do you like me?
And I said:
Hmm... Good question... I have no idea...
Haha. He still can't fathom it. It's kind of funny.
And then Joey was texting me asking if I was going to do anything about Coomer and I said no. He was like, "Okay, just don't tell him you don't like him and he'll go on trying to get you... Nice." I was like, "Oh, whatever Joey. If he wants to know, he'll ask me." And then I mentioned how Jordan told me he liked me a couple weeks ago [Joey doesn't know Jordan] and he goes, "Who's this Jordan @$$hole and are you going to date him!?" Hahaha I told him no. Poor Joey.
CAST PARTY TONIGHT! Should be interesting... If I get dared to kiss anyone, it ain't happening. Haha.
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Haha! Christine, you're amazing. I read about the Andy thing. Holy crow, he really IS clueless! :lol: I like how you described the long pause he took after you told him who it was. :P At least you got it all out in the open. Hmm...I wonder if he'll break up with Cara. (Not that this would mean you'd date him). How long have they been dating?

Shivvvvv! You've had drama, babe! And lots of it. I agree with Christine...Jay is a douche bag. Guys like that...ugh. Sickening.

Landiana
, flirting isn't about being obnoxious or batting your eyelashes. You can pretty much flirt just by touching a guy's arm lightly when you're talking, or by whispering something in his ear. Things of that sort. ;)

Alright, last night I went to two of my friends' house to watch The Descent and Noah and Sarah were there with Noah's brother (who my sister thinks might like me...which would be horribly awkward). So it was just the six of us. :| Noah and his brother, Travis, were there before Sarah got there, so it was sort of awkward when they came in. Noah gave me a hug. I did NOT want him to touch me. Ugh. He hugged me pretty tightly too, but I just kind of patted lightly. It was so annoying. He can't touch me. :| Anyway, he seems so full of himself now. I can't stand it. Then somehow Noah and I were left in the basement alone, so he looked up the stairs while we waited for people to get back. He seemed desperate to have someone else down there. I played with the dog in silence. Then Sarah got there and it was the first time she and Noah had seen eachother since they started dating. They hugged for what seemed like an eternity. But they didn't hold hands during the movie. And then somehow Sarah and I were left alone for about 3 minutes, and we both looked up the stairs and back at eachother at the same time. We just kind of stared and smiled awkwardly. Then we chatted. GRRRR. Anyway, I'm glad that I went. I felt the need to represent myself. And now I never have to talk to Noah again, now that we've exchanged some sort of pleasantries.

I talked to Eli when I got home. :] He is still grounded of course, and he may be grounded even worse because he and his dad got into a fight. And his dad told Eli that he will have to pay for college by himself. :shock: But Eli's mom and I think that it was just a heat of the moment decision, and it will be withdrawn. :? Eli told me that he can't give me the "prize" yet, and that I shouldn't dwell on it. So I'm in suspense until he can give it to me. ;)
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Christine: Yay cast party! Woo! Well, let us know how that all goes. ;)

Marie: Mark got all stuck up after we broke up and he started dating Amanda too. I think he was just being arrogant about the fact that he had a new girlfriend and I don't have a boyfriend. *rolls eyes* Being alone with Sarah..eek! No comment on that. I hope Eli gives you his "prize" soon. It should be cute. :)

(sorry this is short :()
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
clumsy_as_bella18
Settled in Forks

Post by clumsy_as_bella18 »

Hiyah
i must be as bad as shiv but at least shes got a chance to come on here... im bak again now and jus registered again.

for those who dnt no me now... im Rhi/Clumsy whichever u remember :)

K my update

* sme as shivs with the zoe thing to start off wiv :S Jay is officially in my top 5 hate list
* I ended things with ben
*my best friend..gav started liking me
*i kissed gav then sed turned him down= me feeling reli bad
* i met the most gorguss guy ever.... intelligent, funny, and reli fit but dno if anything mite ever happen there
*im sort of with this guy jacob.. but he wnt ask me out !!!!!!! Driving me mad

Missed u all
xxx
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Christine-
I love how you won't go otw ith him just because he smokes. If he reallly liked you enough to want to go out with you he should stop. You not going out with him because of this is just holding up to your expectations and your oh so high standards for men. DO you think he will break up with his girlfriend for you though? I'm not so sure about it though. Kinda like that whole "if you'd break up with her for some girl, will you do that to me?" which is why i wouldn't do anything with Josh.

Marie-
When's the next time you get to see Eli? I think the surprise is to see the movie. What else would it be? lol. And i don't think you should worry about the whole college thing. Is he a senior, by the way?
And the whole Noah thing. i guess you were right in saying that he really changed after he got to college. This isn't good at all. he became more tlike Sarah and that is why i'm glad that you are over him. It sucks how it all ended so harshly though. But hey, life isn't perfect.

Tomorrow i am going to spend the day with my biffs (and some other girl that annoys me). Tonight i will be at some awesome party. I hope the'res dancing because that's what i do best (hahahah, Marie!!!). i also really hope that Josh goes. i know it's bad of me to want him like i do ( i don't even like him, i just want his bod! sorry, holden, i know you disapprove of this kinda thing) I know Lu isn't going because he's out of the state right now. (how wierd is it that i met Josh becuase Lu introduced us. hahahahah. classic)
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Conzoni al vento wrote:Christine-
Marie-
When's the next time you get to see Eli? I think the surprise is to see the movie. What else would it be? lol. And i don't think you should worry about the whole college thing. Is he a senior, by the way?
And the whole Noah thing. i guess you were right in saying that he really changed after he got to college. This isn't good at all. he became more tlike Sarah and that is why i'm glad that you are over him. It sucks how it all ended so harshly though. But hey, life isn't perfect.

Tomorrow i am going to spend the day with my biffs (and some other girl that annoys me). Tonight i will be at some awesome party. I hope the'res dancing because that's what i do best (hahahah, Marie!!!). i also really hope that Josh goes. i know it's bad of me to want him like i do ( i don't even like him, i just want his bod! sorry, holden, i know you disapprove of this kinda thing) I know Lu isn't going because he's out of the state right now. (how wierd is it that i met Josh becuase Lu introduced us. hahahahah. classic)
Haha Lena. I loveeee you. :]] Yeah, Eli is a senior. Gah. I'll miss him when he graduates. This is like the Noah thing all over again. Lol. But I don't think Eli and I would necessarily last until next August if we do decide to date. Who knows. But yes! Noah and Sarah are a lot more compatible now. Until she remembers that she hates his laugh and his flirting with other girls, and until he realizes that he never liked her dumb blonde act, and gossipy, shallow, money-spending ways. :lol:

Ha! I love that Lu introduced you to Josh. That's so ironic. And yep, that's life. ;] Have fun at the partaaay girlfriend!! Tell us how it goes. Oh, and dance till you can't dance no more :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27OFhBrfb9A
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

okay, found the new thread. :)

christine: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just read your andy story!! you told him! yayyy! :lol: i love his reaction! he was so shocked! that was a really creative way of telling him though, props to you. ;) and goodness gracious so many guys like you! all you have to do is take your pick at which one you want and BAM. :D

Marie: Ugh that really sucks about Noah. I hate stuck up guys. Sorry you had a lot of awkward moments, those are never fun. In fact, i hate them. You and Eli... :D i wonder what this prize is..??? be sure to let us know!
randomness bum<3
lovemesomecullensss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lovemesomecullensss »

MARIE:
I'm sorry you had a totally awkward evening with Noah and Sarah. But you're right, at least it's over with and you did what you had to do. I'm sure it makes you a much stronger person than Noah or Sarah is. :] And awww, poor Eli. Why were he and his dad fighting? I hope things get cleared up though and you and his mom are right. But he needs to give you your prize soon because I'm so excited for it! :]

RHI:
Awwww, hon, we've missed you! *hugs* Don't stay away so long next time! And wow, your love life's confusing. What happened with Ben; why did you break up? And you probably shouldn't have kissed Gav if you didn't feel that way about him... but I guess there's not much you can do now except apologize and see if he still wants to be friends. And who's this Jacob guy? Tell us about him and about your not-quite-yet relationship with him! You can't just come back and not give details. ;] :]

LENA:
I hope you have fun at the party. ;] And it's totally normal for you to want Josh's bod. I mean, sometimes our hormones get the best of us. Hahaha. But really, just try not to focus on it. If he's there, try not to hang out with him... especially if it's in dim lighting... hahaha. :]

LAUREN:
Haha it sure seems that way, doesn't it? Andy actually told me, "I feel like one of the twelve guys that like you." And I was like, "It's not TWELVE, come on..." Haha. I really don't understand why boys like me. Really. Haha. :]

And to answer your Andy questions, guys:
No, I don't think he'll break up with Cara. He loves her. (They've been dating for about six months, I think.) And I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want him to break up with her. They're happy together. I just hope the fact that he likes me doesn't do anything to their relationship because I would feel terrible. And yeah, if he broke up with Cara for other reasons and he really wanted to date me... He'd probably quit smoking. Lol. But I'm not concerned with that right now. Well, I kind of am since I'm trying to help Cara get him to quit. But yeah.
So we were just texting and he was like, "This is going to sound creepy but I had a dream about you a couple days ago..." And I told him that it wasn't all that creepy cause he'd been in my dreams before. I mean, dreams are involuntary, no big deal. So he said, "Well, we were off stage and everyone left and I kissed you and you pushed away and then the dream turned into me in World War II." And I was like, "What? That's crazy!" And he said, "Yeah. I know. I get denied and then BOOM. World War II." Hahahah. It was pretty funny. :]
And Emily told me that Andy thinks she likes Joey. Which is weird and random. Haha.

On a side note, Emily started reading Twilight a few days ago (she's plowing through it! As we all did ;]) and she said, "I hate this book for giving me unrealistic expectations about men! Why can't he be real!" And I said, "Shhh! Emily! Blasphemer! He is real!" Haha. :]
a_n_n_a
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by a_n_n_a »

Marie: When did Noah turn into such a jerk? Hmmm, but I like what you said about them realizing how they actually don't like each other. That's something that always catches up with people since I don't think it's that uncommon of a scenario in high school. You handled it well, that's for sure. And hopefully your surprise with Eli will be coming sooner than you think.

I think that's all I have to comment on . . . I'm sorry that I don't remember some of the things last said on the other thread. I suppose I will start us off with a question, yeah?

Is there a song that you associate/share/consider with a significant other or crush? And I know we've had stuff like this before for sure but I mean a completely random song. Maybe it isn't even associated with a specific person but for dating in general.

I was inspired to ask this because the song "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service just came on and I've always held this song in that sort of regard; not really for anyone specific but a general summary or something. Oh, and I also thought of some Hannah Montana song that I don't actually know the name of and don't remember at all tune-wise, but during the variety show at camp in Michigan it came up somehow, someone singing it maybe . . . but Marcas said he liked Hannah Montana and I told him we couldn't be friends anymore. Ha. That's kind of where any form of continuing contact started I think . . . Hmmm, maybe I'll have to appreciate Hannah Montana a bit more . . . but probably not.
ImageImageImage