Gex X--the 30 something thread

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Woo hoo! I'm ready. Operation "Keep House Clean Until School Starts" is still going strong. I have 3 guestrooms, so you guys will have to bunk together.

I love Trivial Pursuit. It's my favorite. I lvoe going to Buffalo Wild Wings and playing their Buzztime trivia. I usually win. I am called - by those who know me well in real life - "the walking book of useless knowledge." I'm so proud.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'm in a rush to make sure I get this posted before the boards go down...

First: I LOVE YAHTZEE!! Oleander - no one here will play it with me... Well, I bet I can get my mom to now that she's here.

New Years EVE: We generally have other families over (all young kids!) and eat, play Trivial Pursuit (I have the 80's version!!) and listen to music. Then after everyone goes home, I usually stay up by myself to watch Vulgar Language Is Ugly Clark (now Ryan Seacreast) and watch the ball drop. When I was younger (teens-20's) I used to stay up and watch the MTV top 100 videos of the year countdown. We don't have a set thing. I'll have to edit later to tell you what we do this year. Am I heading to GNE's this year? Woo-hoo!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

twimom, i'll bring the Yahtzee when we get together this summer and we'll drink Grey Goose and play all night!

I wasn't sure the LEX would still be up and running at this point...I have a favour to ask...it's storming again and i'm scared i'm not going to get home to Momma's today. It takes a lot to get the buses off the road, but I'm still kind of antsy...so if everyone would send me two seconds of happy clear roads thoughts I would be forever grateful. (Twimom, I know you worry, so i'll send you a message to let you know i got in safely as soon as I get settle at my Ma's :) )

Merry Ho Ho everyone!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Oleander and Twi-mom: We can have a Yahtzee-thon!! It's my favorite game! And...I must bring the new game I saw in Wal-Mart on Sunday...Clue, Harry-Potter style!! I want it, I want it!

Oleander~ Warm happy thoughts are headed your way for a safe travel. LOL--- Hubby says, "Happy Ho Ho!"

And. Ugh. I know some can't believe I complain about our warm temps this time of year. *sigh* I woke up with a sore throat 2 days ago. I wish it would just get cold and stay cold...all this back and forth has made me sick. On top of that, both my parents have bronchitis. At least I don't have fever. *knocking on my cedar chest behind me* I can deal with the scratchy throat, but feeling hot then cold and achy, no thanks. See everyone on the flip side!!! Enjoy your holidays!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Hey, how about a beach party? Hubby and I always go to the coast for New Years. We stay in my gramma's beach house (on the beach - I'll post pictures) and just relax! It's the perfect place to bring in the New Year with games and food. How about on New Years Eve, we have our little party. Post a link to the food you brought and/or game you bring. We can ring in the New Year in true Lexicon internet fashion!! I'll see if I can capture some of the fireworks that the town does!

I love playing games, board games, card games. Of course, I have to correct the spelling of a particular card game. It's not Uno, but Una! :lol:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Oleander- The monopoly games get heated. My Bab (baby bro) and I even have a calculator by our sides when we get to the point of buying hotels and houses. The best is when we get all of the siblings (5 total) playing.

bac- I tend to lose a lot of the games, but when I win..boy, do I cherish those moments and the look on his face. :lol:

BSL- I hope you feel better. Being sick on your day off really sucks, doesn't it?

Una- Sounds good! I'll have to find pics to post.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

A New Years Eve Beach Party sounds fantastic. I'm not sure yet what mine & hubby's plans will be.

If I'm here I will bring some goodies!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

New Year's Eve tends to be quiet at our place. We stay up, watch TV, phone family at 12:02 to wish them well ... not much. You know how the grass seems greener on the other side? Well, I love dancing and one year I pleaded with hubby for us to do the fancy "dinner and dancing" thing for New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be - many of the couples who were going to go with us had to bow out, so it wasn't the extravaganza I was hoping it would be. We'll have our "dance party" at home this year with the kids using one of my gifts: 40 Billboard Top 10 Karaoke 1980s hits! Songs include: Like a Virgin, Every Brath You Take, Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Here I Go Again, Love Shack, Addicted to Love, I Love Rock and Roll, Jessie's Girl, Wind Beneath My Wings, She Blinded Me With Science, Holiday, Pour Some Sugar On Me, Sweet Dreams are Made of This, Don't You Forget About Me, Endless Love, Need You Tonight, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, What I Like About You, Broken Wings, Abracadabra, Material Girl, Careless Whisper, Never, Rio, Greatest Love Of All, The Pina Colada Song, We Got the Beat, Shout, She Works Hard for the Money, Sunglasses At Night, How Will I Know, Everytime You Go Away, Bette Davis Eyes, Sister Christian, The Rose, Working for the Weekend, Borderline, At This Moment and Love Is A Battlefield (yes, I typed all 40).
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

I curse you, LadyDi, for listing all 40 songs. Hahahaha. Each and every single song played in my head...just quick snippets of each before I saw the next one. My head is now spinning. Spinning like a record baby..round round round.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I vote we go to LadyDi's for a Karaoke Dance Party! Or, better yet, bring it to the beach party!!

I'm in post-Christmas mode. I want to clean my house from top to bottom, but can't yet. I can't stand clutter - it stresses me out. My mom and I are going to "cleanse" the playroom of old toys while my dad and hubby get them out of the house tomorrow. I'll feel better then!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!