Gex X--the 30 something thread

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by skylarblue »

Lady Di - I want to join you with your 80's dance party fest. I think you've sparked something in me to do this year.

Usually, I just stay home and watch movies on New Years. I don't think I've seen the ball drop for about two years now and I don't dare venture out. Over the past years we've had alot of alcohol/vehicle related deaths, so I just tend to stay put after the sun goes down.

Last year JL and I played Guitar Hero and the Wii until our fingers hurt so maybe this year we will dance and sing our way into 2009.

I'm so not looking forward to taking down the decorations. It seems that they haven't even been up that long. This year has flown by.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

LadyDi- SIgn me up for your 80s party! Is it sad that I know about 95% of those songs and like GNE I went thru snipbits of each song. :lol:

For some reason, I can't sleep. I finished a YA book and now I'm not sure what I'm in the mood for. I guess I'll hang around the lex until I either go to sleep or find something else to keep me occupied. :roll:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

CG: you aren't the only one who is having trouble sleeping.

I haven't slept yet, and it's 7:31am. Spooky didn't sleep either. I've been talking with Nima for the past 2 hours, so she didn't sleep too great either.

Is the temp change? For Nima & me the weather is pretty warm. Today is supposed to be pretty stormy.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I don't know how all you women can function so well with so little sleep! At least I know that I have friends out there I can chat with if I ever get stuck awake!!

The temp changed drastically here... We've had rain for the past few days and about 12-15" of snow has melted. But there is still plenty on the ground! It's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow. Not sure about long range. Better than it was!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

GNE- I was up to 4 am this morning and I finally fell asleep. I watched Underworld. I have no clue as to why it took me such a long time to watch it. Ah, the powers of Youtube.

It's been stormy, Forks weather here too. Lots of rain and melting snow. Hopefully, the weather will get warm so I get out of the house. I feel very weird not taking a trip to the library or movie store. :geek:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I finally slept last night. Christmas night, I woke up every two hours or so and then it took about half an hour to fall back to sleep. I was dead all day yesterday and there were definitely not enough hours in the day to get stuff done. On a good note, I borrowed the office laptop so I'll be able to stay in touch with all of you at the coast. We are leaving in a few minutes, but I just HAD to check in on all of you. Goodness, I don't know if it is addiction to the lavender screen or that I sometimes feel like you are all my family I must check in on to make sure you are all well. Is it true that women do get a "nesting" syndrome?!? :shock: I may just have to get another dog. :lol:

Just like my SuperTwin I saw each video and the song played in my head as I read the 80's play list. I have a special place in my heart for "Baby, You Spin Me". Why - I don't know...just do.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

LadyDi, i am going to change my bus ticket to get me to your place in time for NYE! What a fun night you have planned! Looks like i will probably be sitting at home with Knuckles or going to my brother's place to take over his Wii. He just bought a 46" tv too. I've never tried the Wii yet, i was afraid i'd get addicted, but the temptation is too great.

I'm hopping on the bus tomorrow morning and heading home. I feel like i've been gone for a week instead of a couple of days. Can't wait to get back and settle back into my regular LEX rhythm on my own computer.

I would have joined you insomniacs last night if my sister's wireless router was working. I couldn't get to sleep at all. i've eaten a lot of junk and i think it's doing strange things to me.

Gotta run...have a great night guys!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Speaking of weather. It was warm and windy this morning in my part of Texas. I took the dog up to Petco for a bath, and then had to go to Wal-Mart to get some cleaning supplies. I decided to stop in and see hubby as he was working security at Cavender's. I was in there maybe 10 minutes (*pssssst* long enough to buy me a pair of black Fat Baby boots). When I went back to the truck, I swear to you, the temp dropped 15*!!! The sky looked threatening, the dark clouds rolled in, and it rained. I love the cool weather!

Ahhhh. All of the Christmas decor is packed away! I left the stuff on the balcony for hubby to do later.

So I asked my mom what to get dad for Christmas. She told me he wanted a gift card to Academy sports for jeans. He's lost about 40 lbs, and needs new ones. That's what I and one brother got him. My dad sends me a text/pic today; he bought himself a BB gun!!! WHAT? LOL! My parents have 3 pecan trees in the back yard, and the squirrels go crazy for them!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

QOTD: How do you spend the New Year holiday?

I think New Years is a boring holiday. I have done many things for New Years. If I go out with friends great, but I could care less. I watch the ball drop at Eastern time and get on with my night LOL. St. Patricks day is so much better. Maybe I will order pizza like cullengirl and that will be a treat. I never order Pizza. Okay, like 3 times a year.

oh my gosh... I am replying to posts from before the holiday closure LOL

Ryan Seacrest is really doing Vulgar Language Is Ugly Clark's new years count down... that is so weird... Who woulda thunk Ryan Seacrest would be whom he is now.

80's dance party!!!!! Love the music!!! That's my era!

Hahahah - none of us sleep anymore.... what could that mean? Transformation? LOL. However... I am sleeping, just at very abnormal hours. Today I slept from 4am to 2pm... or something like that. I still sleep. I have not been able to pull an all nighter for a good 10 years. In fact... not since Desert Storm... when i went to peace rally's all night long (which was really just loitering in downtown seattle)

BlueS! I am impressed all your holiday stuff has been put away. and LOL dad bought a BB gun. I love that. I am not a fan of guns, but I have to laugh.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

oleander wrote:LadyDi, i am going to change my bus ticket to get me to your place in time for NYE! What a fun night you have planned! Looks like i will probably be sitting at home with Knuckles or going to my brother's place to take over his Wii. He just bought a 46" tv too. I've never tried the Wii yet, i was afraid i'd get addicted, but the temptation is too great.
So I announce to hubby "well hon, it looks like we are having a virtual New Years Eve party this year" ... his response? :| :roll:
Hey, I can picture this happening! You can drink to your heart's content and not have to worry about getting home. You can hang with your friemily. Then you can say you partied with people from all over the continent! We'll be housebound for most of the rest of the holiday anyway, because it looks like my little guy may have pneumonia (we had an x-ray taken today and find out the results on Wednesday). So, a virtual party would work very well for us!

oleander, take over the Wii, but be prepared to be sore! My arms and shoulders are aching from the Wii Fit and virtual bowling. We got a second Wii remote and my hubby and I were panting from beating each other senseless in Wii Sports boxing (for the record, I won our first match and he won the second). I can seriously see this being my fitness program that I'd actually stick with.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!