Gex X--the 30 something thread

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by spookybell »

I like that idea of a fremily new years. I was with fremily when Obama won and I will never forget it.

I asked ladydi... but will put it out there...

can you compete with friends on the wii if they are not in your house? That would be fun. I should bother to go look...

wii fit is the reason I bought my wii. It's amazing how bad I am at certain games. I kick booty at boxing though! (I think that is wii sports - the one that comes with the wii)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

QOTD: I do nothing for some reason my friends all think I should have huge plans and be out partying but I am not all that interested.

Games: hmmm I love all games, my family and I buy new games all the time and play them our family games are the stuff of legend in our extended family...
Love the Wii but pretty much suck at the games, sometimes the repeataive motions are killer on the joints man I get carple tunnel and tennis elbow just looking at the remote somtimes. But I rule on the mic for rock band, not that I can sing but I aparently can fake it well enough to win. Oh and I rule at mario party.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

Maybe I should mention that I am a Shift Leader at GameStop... for any of you in Europe they are mostly called EB Games there. They also run under the names Babbages, and FunCoLand... GameStop is a sister company to Barnes & Noble thus being an employee at GameStop I get a 30% discount at B&N I love that discount! lol
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Spooky: When I do sleep, it's from 4 or 5am to 2pm. Weird. Our Fremily party during Election Night was fun!

I wish I had more to say, but I'm dead tired. *Hugs*
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Christina that discount must come in very handy! I would love that!

I think our virtual New Year's Eve party will rock. Who better to spend a holiday with than your Friemly - the family you choose. We have good friends that we consider family - they are the BEST family because they are the "family you choose."

Hubby is my hero - he has gone to the store to get some additional stuff we didn't bring to the coast. I succumbed to the cold last night and he is getting me orange juice because my soul screams for it. So to the QOTD: What do you crave when you are sick?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

What do I crave when I'm sick? I crave apple or orange juice, tomato soup, chicken soup, a cup of hot tea, a bubble bath.

Una~ Sending you hugs. I hope you feel better. This weather is wreaking havoc on everyone.

Christina~ Your avatar made me laugh so hard, girl!! I LOVE it! I also love the line "Team Edward- Knight in Shiny Volvo" in your siggy- very cute.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I am so there for the virtual new years!

QOTD: When I am sick, I crave for my nose to stop running! Salteens, chicken broth and.. wait for it... nope... not yet... keep waiting...

banana baby food. Yep that's right. Weird hu?
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

spooky- I'm not following you, honest! Baby food?! That's just weird. :shock:

Una- This video is for you. Feel better, hon. I know exactly what you mean about the nesting syndrome. I rarely send out cards for the holiday season and this year is probably the most that I sent out. So what if the 95% of them were from the lex?

QOTD: Good ol' fashion chicken noodle soup.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Variety
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Variety »

Yuck, too many people getting sick! I hate colds! A little sniffle and congestion takes on new meaning when you have asthma. I was praying so hard I wouldn't get sick. 2 years ago, I got sick in October, and through the winter, had 9 different colds, one after another (and on top of each other). I was thinking I might actually make it through this winter (which I NEED - cause I'm back in school myself) but NO! I get sick on Christmas Day. It kept building, and now I feel like a Mack truck is sitting on my chest.

So, what do I crave? Hot lemonade, and if I can eat, something salty like tortilla chips or crackers (fav:Wheat Thins). So, for all you sickies out there, to make your own hot lemonade (which soothes the throat) heat 1 part lemon juice, 1 part sugar, and 6 parts water. Sometimes I only make a mug, but today, I'm making a whole pot.

One more tip for if you're sick and you live where it's dry - we don't have a humidifier, so I put a pot of water on the stove top to simmer. Throw in a sliced orange or lemon, or both, some whole cloves and cinnamon sticks and make sure you don't get below about an inch of water. I love this when it's cold outside - warms the kitchen, adds moisture, and smells great.
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Variety thank you for the recipe of hot lemonade. I'm about to jump in the shower and take a nice long hot shower, but I"m so making a cup of that when I get out. It sounds soothing!

Spooky, baby food? Seriously? You are not the only person I know that likes it, but i still can't palette it.

CG, you've just brightened my day! I was laughing and hubby came over to see why I was laughing - he got a kick out of it too. If I could sing through this cold, I'd be singing it in your honor!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!