Gex X--the 30 something thread

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by skylarblue »

I agree with alot of what everyone is listing as some of the best bands/artists of the 90's but I have a few that were my favs. Wasn't the 90's considered the "Grunge" era where flannels, ripped jeans and s**t kickers the rage?

1. Blues Travler
2. Stone Temple Pilots
3. The Black Crows
4. Blind Melon
5. Temple of the Dog
6. Public Enemy
7. Creed
8. Weezer
9. Foo Fighters
10. Skid Row

Okay, I know that I've listed more so I will stop.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

una wrote:I loved Garbage. Their CD was the one I listened to incessantly in design labs in college. I would listen to it on continuous play for HOURS. I think I once listened to it for at least eight straight hours working on a project. Ah...the sweet bliss of memories!
I fell in love with this band when #1 crush came out and I just needed to buy their cd. Shirley Manson rocks! I've listened to their cd repeatedly when I'm in a foul mood or very angsty.

When I need to get something done, I usually tune into U2. I have no idea why, but when I put them on I know that it means business and work to do. I miss the old U2. I broke up with them after Pop came out and haven't gone back since. I still listen to my old U2 cds though. *Sigh*
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Sky: We mentioned some of them: Pearl Jam, STP, Alice in Chains, Nirvana....

We were listing our top 5 fave CD's that represented the 90's in our own opinions.

I listened to Pearl Jam, STP, Alice in Chains, Seven Mary Three, Candlebox, Offspring, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Better than Ezra, Weezer, The Toadies, Collective Soul, Soul Asylum...my brain hurts.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

My list would look similar to twimom, skylarblue, and GNE's

I would have to add:

Collective Soul
Beastie Boys. (Didn't we have that conversation month's ago?) :lol:
Talking Heads
Love and Rockets

I am sure there are so many more that I can't think of at the moment
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Oleander- I dug up some Erasure cassettes that I had at home. This video and the next are for you, girlfriend!

I'm not sure if anyone is a fan of R&B or hip hop, but I'd add these to my list: Mariah Carey, Destiny's Child, Toni Braxton, Tupa, and Notorious BIG.

Whenever I hear Beastie Boys' "Girls" I now think of our Qhuinn. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

VampMan thank you for adding Beastie Boys! I love those guys and their cooky ways!

CG thank you for the video links. For the life of me I couldn't remember Easure until you posted the first song. Now I do! I would also like to add for the R&B and rap Boys II Men, Salt 'N Pepper and Flavor Flav. They were iconic for the 90's too, in my opinion.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

I thought I would give every one something to listen to for the New Year.

One of the most awesome songs ever! Kings Of Leon

This is not from the 90's rather it is quite current. I love it! One of those songs you can't/won't want to talk through just listen to!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

CG: My 80's girl!! A Little Respect is in my Top 10! I LOVE this song. I just have to get up and dance everytime I hear it. In fact I just jumped on to my iTunes to listen to it again! Thanks lady!

I also LOVED Beasties! License to Ill was the theme album from High School. Girls = Qhuinn... That's great! (or should it be Ghirls?) :lol:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

wow, this thread has taken a dive in the past couple of days...so close to reaching 100 pages too!!

I have to say that the New Year's Eve gathering brought back a lot of memories for me. CG you have impeccable taste in 80s and 90s music. I spent a lot of yesterday going through old music of mine and contemplating new playlists!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

It was fabulous having the nostalgia in full force for the NYE party! I loved listening to all the "oldies". Even hubby enjoyed asking for certain songs. My goodness, my favorite, "You Spin Me" just brought back such awesome memories, not to mention, I love laughing at the video. Thank you all the DJs that contributed!

One thing I remember vividly from the early 80's (and quote from time to time) is Bill Cosby's stand up routine, "Himself." It is one of my favorite "albums" from him. My most loved sketch - "Cooking Breakfast" which I can't find on Youtube. So instead, here's my second favorite, "Jeffery".
Last edited by una on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!