Gex X--the 30 something thread

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by oleander »

okay this question will tie in with the previous one since it is discussing time.

If given the chance to be a teenager again, but only if you were a teenager in today's world, would you do it?

Given the current state of the world and the increasing pressures and difficulties facing kids today, I would have to say a resounding NO! I hated my teen years as it was, so i don't think that dealing with my adolescent angst on top of the added pressures of being a modern teen would be conducive to me coming out of my teens any less ruined than i was. ;)
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Great question. I am a die hard romantic at heart and that part of me would have loved being in the 40s and 50s. However, with my personality and being the independent gal that I am, I think I was born at the right time for me.

Would I like to be a teenager now - NO!!!! Things were difficult enough (as some of you know) for me growing up and there is SO much more pressures and such, I prefer the life I have had. Plus, if I grew up in the way our culture is now, I would end up being a different person by the time I reached my age. I like who I am and to change that isn't something I could condone.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Very good question. I doubt that I would. I thought being a teenager in the mid eighties early nighties was difficult. I can't imagine what it is like today for today's teens with all they have to go through, it seems a lot worse now than it was back then. Scary enough my niece has two more years for that and my friends son is almost at that point.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

If given the chance to be a teenager again, but only if you were a teenager in today's world, would you do it?
HELL NO! I wouldn't be a teenage again EVER!

Oh, heck... we shouldn't post anymore... 100 posts... I thought this was the new thread. I Think someone has been PM'd but just in case...
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!