Gex X--the 30 something thread

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by shanon »

To keep with the whole Black Friday shopping topic.. I REFUSE to get out into all that madness! People are rude, crazy , & impatient. I have no tolerance for it. I would rather pay full price! :shock:
Also a question for all you Twilight pro's-- what website has the best Twilight merchandise? I have found a few, and while they are cute, I would rather purchase something "official". ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by L.Cullen »

Yesterday, I made little ghost cookies. They're not hard to make, just really cute and make an impression with the kids. You take nutter butter peanut butter cookies (peanut shaped hard cookies) and dip them most of the way into vanilla bark. Then, take mini chocolate chips for the eyes.

Another Halloween treat I like to make is dirt and worms. That's chocolate pudding with oreo cookies ground up and gummy worms inside. It's my son's favorite.

Christmas treat , hummm there's quite a few, but I guess my cheese cake would win for my favorite.

I get in a baking mood in the winter months---usually on Sunday afternoons.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

shanon wrote:To keep with the whole Black Friday shopping topic.. I REFUSE to get out into all that madness! People are rude, crazy , & impatient. I have no tolerance for it. I would rather pay full price!
I'm happy to say that I've never had a bad experience. Sure I've had to stand in some long lines, but the deals were worth it. I put on my most comfortable sweats, no make up, baseball cap, pick up some peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks so I feel warm and Christmassy and head out. I find the people around me are more like members of a secret club. It's kind of a "we're all in this together" mentality. I find it's useful to bring a friend so one can stand in line while the other shops. Then you trade off before someone makes it all the way to the cashier. If it were a negative experience, I wouldn't go either. I'm finding as my kids get older, however, that their lists are very specific so that makes my shopping easier.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

Una thanks for welcoming back on the thread...I had some problems yesterday but everything seems to be ok now!!

Special sales: I must confess I love them though I don't have enough patience to tolerate the crowd of people in every single corner of the shops. Besides, I usually don't like too fancy or stilish stuff so I wait some days, just for the crowd to lessen. I also avoid the weekends - luckily enough my job gives me a lot of freedom - so when I go shopping on special sales I can ransake alone whatever is left...it's a lot better!!!
Regarding the Black Friday, needless to say that we don't have it...and we don't have Thanksgiving either, as you might know :D

By the way, I hope I don't bother anyone with my comparisons to Italy...if I don't it's difficult for me to get into the thread :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Dimber it is nice to have the comparison. Please continue, as some of us may not understand since we are in different countries. It's one of those things we have to remember this board is world wide and we don't' have all the same holidays. Goodness, even living in the U.S. we all don't celebrate the same things. I actually enjoy the different holidays that other countries celebrate and the customs (oh, and the FOOD!). It's also funny when our different "Englishes" class due to slang and other terms. It just makes our thread that much richer and better!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

dimber,

I think it is great to hear how things are in other countries. Especially how Christmas is celebrated and prepared for. Anytime you want to share something about your country, I am all ears.

I swear I started seeing Christmas decorations at the stores here in late September. All the Halloween stuff is already on clearance at most stores and it is not even for another week! As soon as Christmas is over, out comes the Valentines Day stuff! Not sure if it is like that in Italy!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

vampmadness wrote:dimber, I swear I started seeing Christmas decorations at the stores here in late September. All the Halloween stuff is already on clearance at most stores and it is not even for another week! As soon as Christmas is over, out comes the Valentines Day stuff!
What is up with that?! I saw Christmas decorations going up in a local craft store in AUGUST around Back to School. I though that was completely nuts!

Dimber I love hearing about Italy and other customs. I've never had the opportunity to travel abroad so I'm having a vicarious experience reading your posts. I am trying to imagine a world with no Black Friday *sigh*
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

inspired wrote:[

I am trying to imagine a world with no Black Friday *sigh*
If Black friday were not bad enough now we have I think the correct term is black monday (somebody correct me on this) when all the online retailers have huge sales. :twisted: When will the madness never end?!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Vampman Black Friday is the day of the great pre-Christmas sale on the day after Thanksgiving and marks the true beginning of the Christmas season shopping spree.

Black Monday for the United States is when the stock market crashed and/or had a great decline.

I must say again, thank you Nima for showing us how to do those links. They are too much fun!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

una,

I knew I had it wrong. Maybe it is Blue Monday. That does not sound right either. I know there is a correct term for that particular Monday though or maybe it is even on Thanksgiving day I am not sure. I am so confused. :? After reading this I bet you are too :(