Re: The Hanson Thread #2

Post by aurelia92 »

THIS IS NOT FAIR.

kay. last part of the english competition today. i am gonna die:(
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

So, 24 hours later, I have to admit that Marcy may be right. City Of Glass may just be the best book that I have ever read.

I know for sure that it is, in my personal experience, the only book I've ever read that when I finally reached "The End", that I automaticlly flipped back to page one to re-read it straight away. To actually "see" all the complicated puzzle peices falling into place.

GAH!

Oh, and to anyone who has finished it, if you want a teary-eyed moment, just go listen to Hanson's "Soldier". It came on randomly flicked up on shuffle in the car today and I LOST it! Linky help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_RVNHh9s8I

...*sighhhhhhhh*

Oh, and if you think Twilight "blew up" and became huge over-night, just wait til Hollywood get's their hands on Jace. HOLY GOD!... :shock:
caszit
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by caszit »

Maybe I will read these books after hearing so much about them.....hummmm
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

Likeasunburn wrote:Oh, and if you think Twilight "blew up" and became huge over-night, just wait til Hollywood get's their hands on Jace. HOLY GOD!... :shock:
True statement.

I'm still speechless over the book, really. I'm waiting until my friend Haley is done with COB, and then I'm going to re-read the series (well...as best I can until I can buy COA)
Image <--click this
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i dont want it to be like twilight though. i love twilight, but i hate the way everyone is into it now, and everyones reading it and saying theyre huge fans etc.. i dont know why, it just annoys me a little.

i cant wait for COG to arrive!!! maybe it shouldnt arrive before my chemistry test though...:P
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

If you've been missing our Taylor, the real Taylor, go check out the latest FUTY video that Zac posted.

I'd sell an internal organ to hear the rest of that tune. *dreamy fangirl sigh...*
caszit

Post by caszit »

You make me sick *clap clap* You lead me on *clap clap*
^^ This has been playing on a loop in my brain all day! :|

Edit!
I just saw that futy!!
Likeasunburn wrote:If you've been missing our Taylor, the real Taylor, go check out the latest FUTY video that Zac posted.

I'd sell an internal organ to hear the rest of that tune. *dreamy fangirl sigh...*
I AGREE!!!
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

it sounds amazing. i wish i could play like that. i could play it without a problem if you gave me the sheetmusic, but i SUCK at improvising or making up stuff of my own:( oh well. i love it when Taylor just plays around on the piano, he is amazing. the piano isnt though, it sounds a bit off. that annoying metallic sound..
anyway. love the futy:D
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

*lets out long breath*

Yeah, ok, after reading that book non stop, that was the best thing I ever read. My friends are all like "BUT WHAT ABOUT TWILIGHT?" and I keep snickering and going "Carlisle is the only thing in that series who ties me to that."

:D

There goes my wild Twilight obsession.

Anyway, I cracked up because my friend and I were trying to figure one part out and she came up with a crazy scenario and we both laughed about it and that night...I read the part where it came true...XD

EDIT: *eyes go wide and virtually shine with innocence* Mimi, do you, by any chance, have any other Tinted Windows songs? My friend and I are doing a project in English class and have to make a soundtrack for A Tale of Two Cities and are trying, desperately, to connect either Kind of a Girl or Messing With My Head to it but....so far, they don't really connect. :(
Last edited by Chadley on Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

My favotire part?

How at the end, after all Clary's been through, that YOU have been through, on the very final pages you suddenly find out that there is, in fact, more lies and secrets to be discovered... but Clary refuses, not wanting to know. I cheered that decision.

Thus making fangirls all over the world gasp and twitch.

They'll never know, WE will never know... but I personally feel its best that way.

AsMAZING.

p.s. Am the only one who, after this book, can never listen/read COG again and then lisen to "Soldier" without going into full-on hysteric tears? *sheepish look*