Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by Destani »

Yay, the Lex is back! I missed it last night. I accomplished a lot of things I've been putting off though. I also annoyed the heck out of my husband because I didn't have anyone else to talk Twilight with. But now I'm happy to go back to being a "fangirl" as my husband called me last night and ignoring household chores. :mrgreen:
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Destani: I too have always wanted to go into one of those shark cages over in Australia! Just thinking about it gives me such an adreline rush!

QOTD: I would like to visit Australia (my cousin lives there). I would love to spend a month or so touring Italy, but I need someone who's been there to take me around. I have wanted to go since I took art history my senior year in college.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

so sorry I have not been around - I am compelled to talk about the movie... thus... I'm elsewhere right now... I bet some of the rest of you are over there also :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

PEACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OME I am so never going to look at, taste or eat a peach the same way again.

This has been a very swoony weekend for me...I saw the movie twice and now i can't seem to stop reading BDB. I wasn't sure it was possible to swoon so much.

Much like spooky, i'm not avoiding people, it's just really hard not to talk about the m...

if anyone needs to discuss it, PM me and i can hook you up with a place to go on facebook (for those of you who aren't already there)

Now i have to go back to my swooning over Wrath. :)
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

This is really my first chance to get online since Thursday evening. I saw the movie Thursday night and Friday night. Every showing so far in my town has been sold out. On Friday night people were being turned away. The 10 pm show sold out at 3pm that day. I was so glad I bought my tickets the day before. By the way, I loved the movie.

TV Guide has been showing the Twilight premiere nearly every hour it seems. The Soup even did a little Twilight funny. The Daily 10's #1 was Twilight, and The Dish on the Style network mentioned Twilight as well. There's no escaping it.

I'm excited to hear the numbers from this weekend.

Also, I'm super dooper excited that New Moon has been OFFICIALLY given the greenlight!!! Yay!!

Other stuff: I finished Sookie #8 this morning at 4:30. LOVED it! This series seriously just keeps getting better. I'm totally in love with Eric. Mine. Mine. Mine. :twisted: :twisted:

Since Sookie is finished for now, I'm picking up Dark Hunter again. I purchased books 7 and 8 the other day. I also picked up one called One Silent Night and it's supposed to be in the DH series, but I don't know where it fits. I also checked out Acheron from the library, so whenever I get to it - I already have it. It's still in hardback. I can keep the book until mid March, so no worries.

Oleander: I'm thrilled that you're loving BDB. Check out P/C when you finish BDB.

One of my students that contacted the Twilight virus from me, I loaned BDB a couple of weeks ago - she devoured them. I loaned her P/C this past Thursday. I saw her at Friday night's showing of Twilight and forgot to ask her if she's loving P/C. This student is in her mid-30's, by the way. LOL
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

just heard that so far the movie has made 70.55 million for friday and saturday

thats pretty flippin' sweet!

i to have been compelled to talk about it-- i am having to delete pms every 5 minutes! haha
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Hi All.. I've been out of the Lex a while due to computer issues.. but I'm back.

I've seen the movie twice already and going again tonight.. that's all I'll say on that for the moment though =)

QOTD: I would LOVE to visit Romania. I'm very interested in Vlad Dracula so I think that would be very interesting. I think I would also really enjoy the Greek Isles.

Hope everyone gets a chance to see the movie at least a time or two!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

It's funny BDB... I can not get into it! I have not made it through one chapter. First of all, my kind of man is not 6 foot 6 and in leather. It makes me think of Fabio. I also have not had a lot of time to read. I also don't love the slang... "I'm oudie" it's weird to read. I feel like I am reding a really low budget mass market crappy romance novel. Oh yeah - It is a mass market romance novel. It just isn't supposed to be crappy!!!! After thanksgiving and over winter vacation I will give it a serious chance if I have not already. I'm actually not a huge reader LOL

70+ million. Wow! I am impressed. I am also schoced. I expected 35 mil! Wow. I play the HSX, hollywood stock game, so I kinda get what a typical box office expectation is. Can I say, I think that 70+ million exceeded everyones expectation! YEAY!!!!!!

I am so happy.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

Lynzeee wrote:just heard that so far the movie has made 70.55 million for friday and saturday

thats pretty flippin' sweet!

i to have been compelled to talk about it-- i am having to delete pms every 5 minutes! haha
Eek! That is so awesome and exciting. I had heard it made $35.5 mil. just on Friday. I'm so glad it's doing so well. We all need more Twilight! :D
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi »

Hello Gutterites!
As I said on Gen X, I'm not sure why my topic update notification thingy isn't working - hopefully this post will fix it.

Where would I go? I like sun and sand and modern comforts, so almost any beach-y place would work. With my hellren, I'd love to visit Rome. It'd be neat to see Volterra, but I'd also like to admire the amazing sites in the Vatican and in that area.

Public thanks go to twilightmom - I went by myself to see the movie on Thursday and had no one to speak to about it. Thanks for the chat twilightmom, and sorry I had to cut it off early to attend to the children - maybe we can continue it another time.

ETA: I just finished DH 5 (Talon's book). Enjoyable read, and I still have plenty more to devour!
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!