Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by twilightmom »

Una: do not order office supplies while under the influence!! Hope you are the road to recovery now!

QOTD: I WENT TO STAPLES THIS MORNING! SQUEE! At my old job, I was a department onto myself and got to order my own supplies. I made sure I had a great stapler, lots of binders (type A, too) and fun colored postit pads. Now that I'm at home, my favorite supply is the steno pad - I use them for "to do" lists and telephone logs.

Hip Dents: When I was waiting in line at the bookstore today I saw Cam on the cover of Men's Health (I think that was it.) Swoon!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

TwiMom, no worries! In fact, the boss is sending us all home at noon for Thanksgiving. But they are all laughing at me (I'm such a control freak normally), they think this is almost as good as trying to take me out drinking! They were trying to convince me to go out to lunch with them, have a beer and relax. Yeah, uhm, NO! I have finished up all my paperwork, I only have an hour left and then I'm off to home and bed.

I still think Cam is such a hottie and I'm amazed how they made him look so average!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Una- I'm so jealous that you get to go home soon! I, unfortunately, have 2.5 more hours to go. It's hasn't been a fun week at work and I'm glad to have it over soon. Glad to know that you're getting better and that the meds work.

Come to think of it, I'm a Type A when it comes to organization. In college, I actually rewrote my Shakespeare notes into a new notebook along with passages because I refused to highlight/annotate my Norton edition of Shakespeare plays. I still have it! LOL, I'm such a Shakespeare groupie. But seriously, I don't in my favorite books. I have 3 or 4 copies of Wuthering Heights and Catcher in the Rye to name a few. I have a small memo pad for my notes in them too. I have a separate thing for the TW saga too. Once I get all the BDB books (soon, I hope), I'll have to start a memo pad for that too. See, it's a sickness! :oops:

Cam: All throughout the movie, I couldn't but think over and over again, "He's one hawt James!" I wouldn't even consider him average looking in that movie.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

cullengirl wrote:I refused to highlight/annotate my Norton edition of Shakespeare plays. I still have it! LOL, I'm such a Shakespeare groupie.
I believe in highlighting, especially textbooks. I use my post-it flags on novels I don't want to mess up, but my Riverside edition of Shakespear is full of pretty colors and notes. It's not a first edition (going for $200 now) so I have no issues with putting my thoughts around the margins. I had to laugh when I realized that while it's no longer in print, old copies go for as little as $6.00!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Enjoy my banner, ladies!! Mmmm James.

Oleander: Your post regarding office supplies cracked me up. Why do I see you holding on to your dear red stapler?

Bewitched: As soon as I read Omaha the same-titled song by Counting Crows popped into my head. I love Counting Crows. My favorite song (thanks for asking ;) ) is "Goodnight Elisabeth." What? Does that seem familiar? Hmmm...

KNE was up early cooking chicken for my "famous" dressing. He's being really great today. It must've been the big game hunting. (I hope your keyboard is still clean, Una).

Have a great and happy day tomorrow!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

I LOVE your banner GNE. I think I would love to be Victoria for one day. Preferably before they meet up with the Cullens.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

nissanmama wrote: I believe in highlighting, especially textbooks.
Oh, I believe in annotations too! I was the weird one in class that had notes in the column and was ready to whip out a quote in any debates. For my favorite books, I just find it distracting because I always find something new. Besides, my Norton edition is in hardcover and it's so pretty. The best $70 or so bucks I spent on a book. The best part of being an English major, spending less money buying paperback books. I think I've kept almost all of my books from undergrad.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

GNE, Ha! Luckily I wasn't drinking nor eating anything when I read about the "hunting"! You crack me up SuperTwin! And yes, we do love your banner! There is something always so sizzlingly hot about the bad boys!

I heard the same Counting Crows song in my head when I read Oleander's comment! It was such a SuperTwin moment!

Happy Turkey Day to all those that will be celebrating tomorrow!!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Leah_CJI
Settled in Forks

Post by Leah_CJI »

rainbow popsicles.....? someone's gonna have to explain that one to me. haha

I've missed you aalll!!!! It's been quite difficult going through with all of my random twilight/bdb/mb thoughts and comments and no outlet.

Have you all heard buzz about 'let the right one in' it's a swiss vampire film that i've recently found myself obsessed with, it's pretty raw, not as pretty as twilight, but i've come to love it. I plan on reading the book that it was adapted from.

Speaking of adaptations, I've been signed on to do a screen adaptation of the short story "One of Twins" by Ambrose Beirce. I'm really excited about it.

Hopefully I'll be able to talk to you all on YM while i'm home for the holidays and have a constant internet source. ^__^ ttyl.

LEAH
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

LEAH! OMC! Where have you been? Did you get lost in the underworld of Chicago? Hope to see you around!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry