Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by vampman »

VampLover wrote:
vampmadness wrote: I really like Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series.
Tell me did you find the last Odd Thomas book not as good as the others? I so did. I was disapointed because I loved the others but the last one just wasn't as good.
Odd Hours was not as good as the others but, the monastery setting in the last book with the Mobster in hiding was a bit much! I did like the story line in Brother Odd.

I forget the name of the secondary female character in Odd Hours the one he had to protect, I did like her and her part. Did you feel the same?
Last edited by vampman on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I love Dean Koonts also. I had no idea that there was another book with Odd Thomas in it. I enjoyed it but it was not my favorite. I recently read "Kill Me Instead" and I was impressed at how much I enjoyed that book! What is his newest book called?

Welcome Vampmadness! This is a funner place :)
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

In high school I read loads of Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I loved them both. My favorite Koontz is Strangers or Watchers. I haven't read his Odd Thomas series, but I have heard it is good. I read his latest stand alone called The Taking. I really enjoyed it, had a bit of an Shamaylan feel to it. Very nice twist at the end, I thought it was well crafted although it started out slow.

Okay, as an official DGG and the Vamp Vixen, we have three pages and no PSD and this is a sacrilege. So without further adieu... PSD 1 and PSD 2 and PSD 3.

However, I do agree that Jeremy Sumpter would be a GREAT Jace! Good call Nima!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Vampmadness,

I don't remember her name either, but she is part of the reason I didn't like the book. I couldn't tell if he (Koontz) was meaning for her to be stormy or stormy's spirit or what. It was like it was hinted at, but so subtly that I never could quite grasp it, and it was frustrating.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

spooky,

There have actually been 4 books in the Odd Thomas series. I know you said it was not your favorite but, they have been Koontz best sellers out of all his books. Odd Thomas was the first, Forever Odd, Brother Odd then Odd Hours was his last one.

una,
Odd Thomas has been a fun read. It is about the supernatural to an extent. Very well written and easy to follow. Give them a try. You won't be dissappointed!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Woah, nice pictures Una! I think the last one would make a pretty good V.

I've had a couple of strange dreams. I remember one pretty clearly: I dreamt that I had green hands. Green as in Gumbie green. My hands were the only things that were green. I, naturally, freaked out and went around asking people if saw the same thing. Again and again, people shook their heads no and said they were normal like the rest of me.

Another weird one was: I was dressed in a fancy, green gown and had on gold jewelry. I have no idea what I was doing besides sitting down. Can't remember people around me or if I was in an event. Not sure what to make out that.

ETA: Hey vampmadness! Is it ok for me to call you mad for short?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

cullengirl,

yes that is fine if you call me mad. Some people have already started calling me vampman. Whichever, I like them both :D

I can't say that I share your affinity to una's pics though! :lol:
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Dang Una! Nice pics...whew! I think I am going like our new sparkly rainbow popsicle thread ;)

Vamplover I had to comment on your strangest dream. You had the one about the people trying to steal your cookies, right? That triggered the oddest/ funniest memory I have to share. When I was in college my friend had an aunt that called her lady business her "cookie." So when I read your post I immediately thought of that and started laughing hysterically :lol: My mind truly is in the gutter *snicker snicker*

Oleander I cannot believe that your Edward hasn't called! swine :evil: I loved the story about your friends they sound like a lot of fun.

Welcome Vampman! My husband is reading the series right now and I get the distinct feeling that he is just humoring me. He didn't even flinch when Edward left in NM, people :shock: ! At least we can all come here and be understood.

My strangest dream was when I was pregnant with my firstborn. I dreamt that I was being chased but I couldn't see who it was. I was so afraid when I woke up that I checked all the locks and windows still believing someone was going to jump out and get me *shudders* That one stuck with me, usually I shake off dreams pretty easily.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
vampman
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by vampman »

inspired,

Thanks for the welcome!

I am glad that your hubby is reading the saga. Maybe now he will get the obsession. My wife does not understand the obsession. Although, I must question not having a reaction to Edward leaving. Maybe on the outside. But, I bet on the inside he had a different reaction.

Honestly though, I don't know any guys personally that have read the saga other than myself and the few virtual ones here. Maybe hubby will decide to join Lex when he is done!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Okay, for you Vampman, I have the following. Please accept my deepest apologies for leaving you in the wings for the PSD!

For you gutter guys here is your PSD 1 and PSD 2 and a PSD 3. You know, it is a lot harder to find good PSDs of women without having them WAY too *ahem* graphic.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!