Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by bac »

Yeah! I am so glad the Tigers won their last home game of the season and FS won his last HS game. Congratulations. We went to our local HS game tonight and it was the last home game as well. They honored all the senior football players as well as the cheerleaders, band members and poms. I thought it was very nice (nothing like what you did for FS nissanmama, that can't be topped!). It was so cold tonight, around 48 degrees. We haven't been to football games in a long time and certainly not when it is this cold. We were all bundled up and sitting on a blanket, but it just wasn't enough. We know now for next year to also bring blankets to wrap around us, that is what a lot of people had done, sleeping bags too! It was funny seeing the football players on the sidelines all huddled together when they weren't playing. I can't imagine how cold they were to be "snuggled" up to each other like that. Ah, there is nothing like HS and college football, they are so fun.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

N'mama- Woot! Congrats to FS and his team. I'm sure the Butler University visit will go well, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

My school visit went well. I think I made a good impression, but I'm so horrible in figuring that out. I'm still on the search for an elementary school. So far I've got two other schools that are interested for a student teaching opportunity. We'll see how those go...

skylar- I've read a ton of books after the TW saga. Here's what I can remember loving: BDB series, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, Little Brother by Cory Doctorow, Boy Toy by Barry Lyga, 13 Reasons why by Jay Asher. I could go on and on. Take a look at my shelfari if you're interested.

Una- Thanks for the link! Nik's book is going to be great. Can't wait for December.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Since discovering Twilight, I've not found ONE book that I have loved; instead, I find series. I don't even want to read a stand alone book now. I need to have a long drawn out series.

My fave series:
Black Dagger Brotherhood - JR Ward
Dark Hunter - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Psy/Changelings - Nalini Singh
Midnight Breeed - Lara Adrian
Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I'm with you GNE, I've really gotten hooked into series. But I'm not complaining they are fabulous and I love that the story continues.

Congratulates to FS! Nima I'm so happy for your family, glad they won the game! I'm sure everything will go well tomorrow!

CG glad the school visit went well! Do you tell them that you are interested or do you have to wait for them to call you?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

Nima Congratulations to you and FS on the win! It sounds like it was a very emotional evening for you; I am so happy that the season ended well. I hope that all goes well at Butler University!

I keep hearing the BDB series and psy/changling come up. Twilight was the first book(s) I read about vampires so I am pretty much out of the loop when it comes to other vamp series. I am going to have to check them out. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a B&N gift card for my b-day :) . I think I'll go drop a few more hints around S.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

inspired -I am so gald that I heard about the BDB books. You will not be disappointed. I am waiting for the fourth book to arrive. I can't wait.

Nima - I am glad that FS won! What a great way to end the season. Good luck with Butler University.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Okay, I'm jumping in too... I have read the past 3 pages of posts, but my daughter's nap will be over soon and my son's on his 2nd "Sid the Science Kid" program!! I'm in my later 30's (still have a couple of years), with two kids, 5 and 2.5. Married 10 years. I just picked up the twilight series 3 weeks ago and read through them quickly. I was on vacation with just the hubby (first time since kids have been around), for a week and read all of the books. I re-read several sections, but had to return the books to the library on Friday. (Can't wait for Christmas - I want to own them now!) I used to be a big reader, mostly sci-fi, but found that Kids and TV got in the way. I like lighter, happier books, which is why I loved Twilight. I had read Time Traveler's Wife, liked it, but too weepy for me (I really get too involved with the characters for my own sanity). But I agree with others that feel Twilight has "ruined" them for a while. I still want to soak up all things Twilight! Re-reading is fun b/c you can really learn more when you aren't trying to find out what's going to happen.

FOR TOPIC QUESTION: I've just started reading "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by G. Maguire (wrote Wicked, which I love). It's fairly good. And since it's the ONLY book I've read since TW, well, I guess that will have to be my answer for the topic.

Another book/series that was recommended to me is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon... Anyone read them? What did you think?

Not really a book, but I also enjoy the Buffy and Angel comic books - go figure!! I had never read any comic book before this year, but I was a huge Buffy and Angel TV fan. When I heard about the comics, I decided to try it out. Not too bad. It was hard to adjust to the comic format, but for a once a month easy read, it's fun!

Okay, off to responsible adult world (until the kids are in bed!)

PS - N'mama - I LOVE your "sig" (is that the correct term?) It made me laugh! But I have to admit, in my dreams, I'm always Bella, not Ms. Cope! ;)
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

twilightmom wrote:Another book/series that was recommended to me is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon... Anyone read them? What did you think?
Me me me!!! *stretching my arm WAY up*

I've read every book in the series. Fantastic! Outstanding! A new one is coming out soon. I'm really excited. The books are thick. They are chock full of history. I felt like I was also getting an education while reading the series. I highly recommend it. I have reviewed it on shelfari as well.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

what is shelfari?

I was going to PM this question but I thought, if I want to know the answer to this... other newbies might also want to know... thanks GNE
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Shelfari is an online book shelf...kinda. Joining shelfari is free. Once you join, you can add books to your shelf by books you've read, want to read, own, want, or love (favorites). You can submit reviews for your books. You can also peruse other people's shelves and get book ideas or read reviews to see if you even want to read a specific book. There is a Twilight Lexiconers group. There are many of us there. Most of us are listed by our Lex names which makes us easy to find. Several of us are also in the 50 Book Challenge.

Here's the link to the shelfari thread here on the Lex.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!