Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys -- Rainbow Popsicles. The Discussion.

Post by oleander »

Welcome StarEmerson!

So has anyone come up with a definitive name for the next GGG thread?

I wasn't feeling well this morning and didn't go to work and promised myself i wouldn't spend the whole day reading BDB and I managed to pull it off. I could kick myself, but managed to get a LOT of work done on other things that have been suffering at the hand of BDB. Those books are like crack! I read the first two in less than a week. Zsadist is sitting on my bedside table waiting for me to start in a few minutes, since it's pretty much bedtime.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Ha ha! I'm turkey'd out, but thought I'd check in... Oleander - enjoy Z - he's my favorite! In fact, I just read the novella of him in the Insider's Guide and I love him even more!!

Welcome StarEmerson - this is a great place to be!

I caught up on some TV last night - watched 4 episodes of the Office. It got me thinking about other office items (besides the "supplies") like fun things on your desk - I love Dwight's bobble-heads. I had a mini-"old fashion" Pooh bear on my desk that my sweetie gave to me. Anyone else keep little personal items on their desk?

Oh, and as of tomorrow, Friday, I believe we can openly discuss the movie! Woo-hoo!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Just checking in... my email notification isn't working AGAIN... frustrating.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

oleander- I have about 200 pages of Z's book left. I think that you will enjoy it and I agree with you about the books being like crack. So addictive but well worth it.

twimom - I think I'm going to get the companion guide this weekend, when I'm at the mall before seeing TW for the second time. We need to have another chat like last night and I finally found out my hunch about John and D was somewhat correct. Can't wait to chat again.

StarEmerson-Welcome, you will really like it here and everyone is so friendly. So I hope you enjoy.

For everyone else, I hope you enjoyed the holiday and can't wait till we all can yap about the movie. Isn't tomorrow the end of the blackout?
Last edited by skylarblue on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

Welcome StarEmerson!
twilightmom wrote:Anyone else keep little personal items on their desk?
Most definitely. I can't stand staring at bland gray cubicle walls all day. I like to be surrounded by things I love so I bring in cute things to decorate my desk. I have postcards and keychains hanging on the cubicle walls. I have stuffed animals, action figures and pewter figurines on my shelves, and of course pictures of my husband and animals. When I start to get really frustrated at work, it helps to look up and see the faces of the ones I love or be able to cuddle a plushy animal.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

My desk is cluttered with all kinds of things, personal and not. I have my cat and magnetic poetry calendars; pictures of Knuckles, my niece and nephews; a stuffed "Superduck" from one of the paper companies; a stuffed cat wearing a fur coat that a co-worker gave me; drawings the kids have done for me; and one of the queen of spades cards that keep haunting me.

I read 100+ pages of Z last night...holy stressful! I whipped through them too. These books don't take long to read at all.

Hope you're not all turkeyed out! If so, ship some my way. I never get tired of turkey. :)
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

oleander wrote: Hope you're not all turkeyed out! If so, ship some my way. I never get tired of turkey. :)
O - we brought lots of leftovers home from the inlaws - can you make it down here for dinner?!

I mentioned what I had on my desk when I was working away from home, but now that I'm a SAHM - I still have a desk. It's cluttered with photos that need to go in an album and art work from my kids. And then there is that box of crayons I took from my kids! I'm such an evil mom! :twisted:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

Hey, thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It is nice to see a friendly thread on this forum ;)
LadyDi wrote:I had to mention the "blue tack" - blue sticky tack is worth its weight in gold where I work. People steal it off walls and play with it, others scam it off my desk so when I want to put something up, I have no sticky tack to use. It's hard!
- When I was younger my little brother used steal blue tac off my walls because he tough it was "Smurf poop"

Anyway, if tommorrow is the end of "the blackout" on movie talk, I will have to skip this thread for a while. Movie isnt out in the u.k till dec 19th. I am so sad about this fact! I am so excited!
twilightmom wrote:Anyone else keep little personal items on their desk?
I actually work in a shop, but in the staff room, I have poster of Josh Hollaway and a cut out of Rob form Vanity Fair, and the poster I got in my TW soundtrack of Edward and Bella! Well my boyfriend would never allow me to have them in our house, I mean I am a grown woman after all!! But hey, my boss doesnt mind!

Mmmm Turkey, Englan shoud celebrate Thanks Giving just for that fact! We only really make it for Christmas. Although, my Dad mentioned this year he wants to have swan! I really hope he was joking. Firstly it is against the law, and secondly the are too beautiful to eat!
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

BlueEmerson, I say EAT THE SWAN!

Swans are pure evil. They may be graceful and beautiful, but they are horrible, spiteful, nasty creatures.

*shudders*

Sorry...i had a traumatic swan encounter as a child and have disliked them ever since...unless they are of the Bella and Charlie persuasion.

I just ran over to drop off my BDB book 2 to a friend who devoured the first one in less than a day. I'm really going to have to squeeze in some reading this weekend to keep up with her. I'm trying to talk her into buying the Psy/Changeling series and lend it to me. I've spent so much money on books lately that it's just getting ridiculous. I've been keeping her and her daughter in books for the past four months!
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

Can I ask, what is BDB?!

Haha,oleander I do agree about swans being a bit scary.

My Dad works on rowboats on Lake Windemere, and he battles with the evil things every day in summer! Also they attack you when you're trying to sit nicely by the Lake eating your Fish & Chips, they actually drool

Dont think I would like to eat one!
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"