The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Re: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I agree with Lieze.. which by the way Lieze we miss you on random!
Anyways back to the point... I guess you can't really be on a team until you know more about Gale. But as of right now, all we know of Peeta and Gale, I like Peeta better. But the most likely cause for that is because out of the two, we know more about him.

Alrighty I have a question -- Who is your favourite character and why?

As for me -- If I had to pick one, I would probably say Rue. I love how innocent she is. She has a respectable quality about her, at least to me. She was what? twelve years old and in the Hunger Games. She lasted so long practically surviving by herself. She would have had to be soo incredibly brave to endure such an event. And that deserves some respect.

I also love Thresh. Towards the end, at the feast when Clove was about to kill Katniss and she was talking about Rue, and Thresh killed Clove because of that... well it made my heart melt. I had major respect for him right there. I know that we really don't know anything about him, but just the way he reacted to finding out what happened to Rue just... I can't really put into words, but you all know right?

Hahaha, I think I have a thing for District 11 considering Rue and Thresh were from there, haha :]
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Okay my favorite character is PEETA! Firstly, because his name is Peeta and he makes bread and probably Pita bread too so. Secondly, he is very very VERY good looking in my mind... hehe! and lastly, He loves Katniss and cares about her and he hid in the mud and that made me laugh and when he didn't want Katniss to go to the feast thing so she wouldn't die! And everything about him!

I did like Rue too! :D
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

I have several different favorite characters in HG.

I love Katniss because I can relate to her the most. She is very independent and doesn't want help from anyone else unless she is desperate. She is very close to only a few select people and has seen many hardships that have made her stonger.

I also love Rue because of her youth and innocence as mentioned earlier. Plus I love Peeta. He is a very caring individual with many redeeming qualities to him. And, like Maddy, I pictured him as very good looking also :D .

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so this post will be full of ramblings and not really connect because I have just finished it and still on a high and processing it. Oh, and SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. That book was so freaking intense!!!! I read it in a day, not because I was bored, but because I was just so into it! Just surviving and I can't possibly imagine having to go through what those kids had to go through, especially Rue. I was holding back tears as she died, because my brother and dad were in the room and I don't like crying in front of people. But when Katniss began to sing :cry: Thresh was also pretty cool, how he avenged Rue's death and let Katniss go.
And the ending had my stomach in knots! I was so freaked out when they said that there could only be one winner! I didn't want them to have to kill one another, so I was so relieved when they told them to stop
AND PEETA!!!! Okay, is it just me or does his name remind anyone of Peter Pan, how Wendy says it in the disney version? Maybe it's just me...but anyways, I love him!! I felt so bad at the end when they told him that he and Katniss were really just a stunt for them to both be alive. He's such a sweetie!
But I thought Gale was pretty cool too, from all of the memories Katniss has with him. And they have such history and so much in common.
I'm really torn about the whole Gale/Peeta thing. Peeta I like more definitely, but for Katniss, I could see her with both.
I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!!!!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

My book club recently read this book (we are all in our 30s and 40s) and we really enjoyed it. I loved the characters and the story, but I have to say, Katniss frustrated me quite a bit. I wish she could have owned up to her deeper feelings for Peeta, who was obviously a loving, caring young man. And the ending killed me, I know it was setting up for the next book, but again, very frustrating. I can understand the desire on the author's part to leave things hanging to entice readers to buy the next book, but when I finished, I felt frustrated enough with the characters that I'm not sure how I will feel about reading the next one. Anyone else feel that way?
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I think that Katniss did acknowledge that she had feelings for Peeta, but among those she also has feelings for Gale. We haven't known him so much as Peeta, but Katniss has and just when something more is beginning to bloom she has to leave, so I can understand why she's so confused. I think she just doesn't want to commit to anything before she can take a look at both Peeta and Gale.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Okay here is my opinion.

Gale should have told Katniss a LONG time ago when they like first met that he liked her but then he HAS to tell her when she is falling for Peeta so now she is split between 2 and it's all Gales fault!!!!!! :lol:
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Maddy, I'm just rebutting because I love debates. :D
While Gale could've told her awhile ago, he may not have begun to develop feelings toward her until a time close to the reaping, and still working up the guts to tell her. I mean, Peeta, the dear, was in love with Katniss for ELEVEN YEARS and never had the courage to even talk to her. But back to Katniss and Gale. So then she volunteers and BAM!!! she's shipped off to the Hunger Games, and he doesn't get the chance to tell her these feelings that he's begun to feel, never knowing if she's coming back.
But I still love Peeta.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

And remember that last conversation Kat and Gale had, right before she was shipped off?
He said something like "Wait Kat, I wanted to tell you I-" or something along that line (I don't have my own copy of the book, so that's definately not right, but hte gist of it. Feel free to correct me if you can.). He's cut off as he's dragged out o fhte room, but when I read it, the first conclusion I came to was that he was going to say he loved her. So it ALMOST happend, I think....
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Okay, so I just looked it up in my book and the exact line is:
"I won't! You know I won't! Katniss, remember I--"
Before they were talking about taking care of Prim and her mom. Now, if the "remember" weren't in there I could see how that might fit, but he's never told her before, so I don't think that was what he was going to tell her.