Teenagers Unite Part Deux

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Teenagers Unite Part Deux

Post by debussygirl »

Carissa, I've heard Blood and Chocolate is a good werewolf book, although I've never gone around to reading it myself.
Chloe those cupcakes look yummy!! I can make cupcakes and frosting, but I sure can't make them look pretty. Well, I suppose it is the taste that counts in the end.
I don't mind writing essays as long as I like the subject. Especially persuasive essays, those are fun. Wow, I'm a dork. :lol: But DBQ's are not very fun. Basically, you have to analyze a set of historical documents and make it sound fancy and good.
And I also write. I'm not into fanfic because I'm so worried I'd screw up someone else's characters. I'm currently editing my book Turned which I'm self publishing and it should be out sometime in June. If I can get myself to edit. Is it just me is or editing absolutely horrible? Necessary, but horrible. I feel so stupid when I'm editing and always think, "This is crap! No one's gonna like this!" Not good for my self-esteem.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

^ Actually, I tried Blood and Chocolate and I simply couldn't go on with it. It was awful (my opinion, of course). I'm really hoping that Bitten won't be the same way.
Lol, I try to keep characters as close to their personalities as possible in my fics, but sometimes I have to bend the rules just a tiny bit or otherwise nothing I do will work.
Oh, wow, you're going to publish your work?! I'm the same way, no self esteem. The only thing I'd want to publish is my short story. Also, none of my stories have been through their first draft yet so no go there. I think editing is going to be the worst part for me. Let me know how the publishing goes so I can read your work! (Wait, self publishing does mean it will be out in the stores, right? Sorry, never heard of self publishing before.)
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Self-publishing is when you pay to get your book published. So I feel like I'm cheating, but I looked into publishing before and no one will publish minors, because of school and stuff we can't go around the country promoting the book. My book won't be in stores, but it'll be available through barnesandnoble.com and amazon.
Really nervous about what people will think. Before, only my best friend read my books. So far my best friend, my sister, and someone my dad hired to help edit have read it. I'll let you know when it come out, officially.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Oh, okay. Well, in that case I won't worry about publishing my work. After February 15, I'll only be a year away from having "publishing rights." Oh man! Not in stores? That's too bad since I'm not allowed to do a lot of online shopping. I'll have to weasel my way through that one! Good thing I'm a B&N member.
What have they said about it? I really should be more open about my stories. No one but me has laid eyes on what I've written so far and my English teacher says if you aren't open about sharing your ideas that you won't make it in the "workplace." I'm going to have to muster up the courage to present my stuff to my friends.

(All this talk about writing makes me want to work on my poor, little, wayward story! :lol:)
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

debussygirl wrote:Self-publishing is when you pay to get your book published. So I feel like I'm cheating, but I looked into publishing before and no one will publish minors, because of school and stuff we can't go around the country promoting the book. My book won't be in stores, but it'll be available through barnesandnoble.com and amazon.
Really nervous about what people will think. Before, only my best friend read my books. So far my best friend, my sister, and someone my dad hired to help edit have read it. I'll let you know when it come out, officially.
I will buy it : ) Haven't looked back at any previous posts to see what its about ... but hey, I will buy it : )
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

One of my friends published a book a while back, middle school I think, I enjoyed it. I hope it works out well for you, debussygirl! I'll try for a copy.

Spread the love Carrisa, I'm sure its wonderful, don't worry too much about it.

I write a little bit in my down time, my signature has a link to my myspace, and they are in my blogs. I would love some feedback, advice and critique, if anyone is up for it.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Thanks. :)
I told my bff about it as I was writing it, and she said it was better than she thought it was going to be from my explanation. She liked it, and my sister really liked it too. The person editing it said that I had an "elegant" style and I had good themes in the book and was amazed I came up with it. Then of course she told me about how to make my characters more consistent, what I needed to explain more, etc.
But, anyways.
Carissa definitely let people you trust read your stuff! They can give you constructive criticism and you grow a lot as a writer. Generally, people are very positive and will let you know the good stuff and the stuff you need to work on.
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!

Post by Carrisa »

I will definitely read your book! I'm always trying to find a good book to read!
Thanks for the support guys! Instead of being criticized, I'm actually worried that my friends will be too easy on me. I always insist that they tell me the truth, "Are you absolutely sure that it's okay? You didn't find anything wrong with it? You're telling me the truth, right?" But I'll get them to read it for sure!
"Got it memorized?"
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

Wow, debussygirl, you're writing a book? That's soo cool!! I will most definetly buy it; just post the title when you can so I know. And tell us when it comes out!!

I don't let people read my stories. I just..dont. Well, not people I know, at least. I NEVER let my parents read them, and rarely let my friends. I don't want them to feel obliged to say it's good, which I know they would do even if it sucked. And I don't like it when people that I'm close with lie (even if its a nice lie).

So yeah. My stories stay between me and my English teacher :]
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

Hey if any of you budding writers need an 'editor' im always free :) i enjoy reading stories and ive edited 3 books of my friends before they sent them off to publishers
Mind i can be awfully honest about what i think of something
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits