Twilight Saga Q&A #2

edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by edward4ever »

justdeal wrote: My question: so you know how throughout the saga there's some sort of electric current between Edward and Bella?(espcecially in twilight) I never really got what it actually was, at first I thought it was a metaphor or something for their immdiate love,but right now during my fifth reading of Twilight,Bella. Says that it wasn't the cold of Edward's hand that bothered her, it was that the touch stung like an electric current ran between them. Anyone else wonder about it ?
In my opinion, this electricity is the fire of their love for one another. When you fall in love with someone, your whole body reacts to that person. When they look at you, or stand near you, or touch you *faint*, your blood pressure goes up, your pulse races, the butterflies in your stomach take flight, and your nerve endings are on High Alert, waiting for the slightest brush of their hand, or the smell of their skin or breath or hearing their voice....especially when they speak your name *swooning*. It is an Awesome feeling and is VERY Electric!!
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrenchGirl »

edward4ever wrote:
justdeal wrote: My question: so you know how throughout the saga there's some sort of electric current between Edward and Bella?(espcecially in twilight) I never really got what it actually was, at first I thought it was a metaphor or something for their immdiate love,but right now during my fifth reading of Twilight,Bella. Says that it wasn't the cold of Edward's hand that bothered her, it was that the touch stung like an electric current ran between them. Anyone else wonder about it ?
In my opinion, this electricity is the fire of their love for one another. When you fall in love with someone, your whole body reacts to that person. When they look at you, or stand near you, or touch you *faint*, your blood pressure goes up, your pulse races, the butterflies in your stomach take flight, and your nerve endings are on High Alert, waiting for the slightest brush of their hand, or the smell of their skin or breath or hearing their voice....especially when they speak your name *swooning*. It is an Awesome feeling and is VERY Electric!!
I think it's all of edward4ever had said, plus the sexual tension. The first time Bella feels this electric current between her and Edward was in biology when the teacher turns the light off to watch a film. It is the first time they are so close in a dark room... :oops:
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

ringswraith wrote: /tries to picture Emmett on a treadmill
/dies laughing

(Actually, the poor treadmill will probably go kaput!)
Another question lol

You guys know how over and over were told of how graceful all the vampires are? Is it bc it's a natural instinct so they don't break anything? I mean, these are strong beings that sound like boulders when they smack into each other but when I run, I exert a lot of energy in every step I take and I would think if a vampire did that, he or she would probably break the pavement. (or treadmill lol)

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
shatarah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by shatarah »

Adrienne wrote:
Another question lol

You guys know how over and over were told of how graceful all the vampires are? Is it bc it's a natural instinct so they don't break anything? I mean, these are strong beings that sound like boulders when they smack into each other but when I run, I exert a lot of energy in every step I take and I would think if a vampire did that, he or she would probably break the pavement. (or treadmill lol)
I believe that their gracefulness is due to the lack of effort to actually move fluidly. As we were able to see in BD when Bella is changed. Her body reacted before she even consciously wanted it to. Her mind was able to calculate instinctively the needed force to perform most physical movements.

They're bodies are externally hard, however their physical mass is not so heavy. The sound comes from the velocity impact of two objects when they collide. Because of the physical aspects of their bodies they are not injured (usually) from these types of collisions.

Also, through our peaks at their running, they run so quickly that they're barely even touching the ground to begin with so breaking the pavement would be a tad difficult to do. Especially when we take into account that running is something that they do naturally and never feel exerting while doing :)
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

Adrienne wrote:
Another question lol

I always assumed to had to do with what Edward said about vampires being attractive and how everything about them draws you in, I assumed gracefulness went with that...but now that i read what Shatarah says that makes a lot of sense... :)
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

justdeal wrote:Okay, so If Nessie and Jake can have kids, they'll be overly gorgeous, fast growing, immortal,blood sucking puppies! :D

My question: so you know how throughout the saga there's some sort of electric current between Edward and Bella?(espcecially in twilight) I never really got what it actually was, at first I thought it was a metaphor or something for their immdiate love,but right now during my fifth reading of Twilight,Bella. Says that it wasn't the cold of Edward's hand that bothered her, it was that the touch stung like an electric current ran between them. Anyone else wonder about it ?
Stephenie has answered somewhere.... I would go read the FAQ on her website and all the Personal Correspondence on here if I were you. You find out some really cool stuff.

But... I am pretty sure it was along the lines it was just a spark from touching the hottest guy on earth.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

CrazilyObsessed024 wrote:
justdeal wrote:Okay, so If Nessie and Jake can have kids, they'll be overly gorgeous, fast growing, immortal,blood sucking puppies! :D

My question: so you know how throughout the saga there's some sort of electric current between Edward and Bella?(espcecially in twilight) I never really got what it actually was, at first I thought it was a metaphor or something for their immdiate love,but right now during my fifth reading of Twilight,Bella. Says that it wasn't the cold of Edward's hand that bothered her, it was that the touch stung like an electric current ran between them. Anyone else wonder about it ?
Stephenie has answered somewhere.... I would go read the FAQ on her website and all the Personal Correspondence on here if I were you. You find out some really cool stuff.

But... I am pretty sure it was along the lines it was just a spark from touching the hottest guy on earth.

Yep, CP #9
Q. Why did Bella get that electric shock or whatever from Edward when they were in biology?

A. Physical chemistry. The jolt you get when you brush fingers with the hottest guy you’ve ever seen… sigh…Edward… Ha ha.

Okay, now I get the whole graceful thing. I should've known that but I really should reread BD more thoroughly :)

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

I have a quick question about the Lexicon... where is the Personal Correspondance? Can somebody link me to it please? People keep mentioning it and I can't find it! :lol:
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

sophieet wrote:I have a quick question about the Lexicon... where is the Personal Correspondance? Can somebody link me to it please? People keep mentioning it and I can't find it! :lol:
It's here

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17

You find it by going to the News Blog first, then Bios, timelines.

I should also say I love reading the personal correspondence, that's the first reason I came to the Lexicon from SM's site.
Last edited by lizard68 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sophieet
Wandering Through Town

Post by sophieet »

lizard68 wrote:
sophieet wrote:I have a quick question about the Lexicon... where is the Personal Correspondance? Can somebody link me to it please? People keep mentioning it and I can't find it! :lol:
It's here

http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17

You find it by going to the News Blog first, then Bios, timelines.
Thankyou! :D
You wanted me to be human, I reminded him. Well, watch me.