Twilight Saga Q&A #2

numb4oneballer
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by numb4oneballer »

I do think that Bella was made to be immortal. I mean everyone else's "extra" powers developed after they became a vampire while Bella always had it...
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

numb4oneballer wrote:I do think that Bella was made to be immortal. I mean everyone else's "extra" powers developed after they became a vampire while Bella always had it...
I totally agree!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

numb4oneballer wrote:I do think that Bella was made to be immortal. I mean everyone else's "extra" powers developed after they became a vampire while Bella always had it...

I don't think it was just her mental mute that made her destined to be one. I think it was everything about Bella...she was kinda like this ubervampire. Ya know Slightly prettier, she sparkled a little more, she caught on a little faster, she was more graceful. Her mental must was just so powerful that it presented itself even when she was mortal. I also think that because she was mental mute it helped her transition like she was able to section and organize her thoughts better than anyone else.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

another question!
Why don't vampires need showers?

I mean, don't they get dirty like everyone else?
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

AliceLuvsEdward wrote:another question!
Why don't vampires need showers?

I mean, don't they get dirty like everyone else?
I think it's because of their rock hard skin. I think of SM's vampires are like marble statues. Or diamond statues. So, to clean up blood or dirty is probably simplier than human's.
AliceLuvsEdward
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by AliceLuvsEdward »

hmm, i guess

but what about how rosalie takes care of her hair? wouldn't she need to wash it?
OMG! Twilight so freaking rocks! Alice Cullen rules!!!
ImageThank you BellaAndEdward.com!
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

On Bella meant to be a vampire, i agree, She and Edward were two parts of a whole, she was made for him, and he was a vampire, meaning I believe she was always-since before she was born- meant to be a Vampire, Edwart fought against it, but it was undeniable. Even her responses to learning about him were minimal, as if part of her had always known.

As far as the Vampire cleaning process goes. I DO beleive they have to shower from time to time, but i imagine it in rare cases since their skin does not peel or flake, and probably does not collect dust, where our bodies are magnets for it. Their bodies don't secrete any oils like ours do, so i imaging oily hair isn't a problem as well.

The rare case, for a shower, might be if they go through a large mud puddle and it shows, or... they get food in their hair... Or maybe they have a messy lunch. lol
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

AliceLuvsEdward wrote:hmm, i guess

but what about how rosalie takes care of her hair? wouldn't she need to wash it?
Well, Stephenie did say that they have showers in their home that they use. They have to scrub off any dirt that gets on them.

I hope I'm not asking a really ridiculous question that everone is like DUH. Hah. I've actually only read the series through once. (I have a hard time re-reading things because I get distracted by new stories that I HAVEN'T read.) Jasper freaked out at just a papercut. How can he go to school when accidents happen all the time? People get papercuts or they get injured in gym. If he's like Edward and avoids "Learn Your Blood Type Day* in Biology (Which I think Stephenie off-handedly commented that he did.), how can he keep himself composed around all of the potential accidents?

A friend of mine had a theory that maybe Alice would be able to foresee it, so they'd keep Jasper home that day, but I'm not quite sure about that. It seems plausible -- Alice's visions are based on decisions, so if somebody decides to go to school, maybe that decision will lead to a papercut or a bloody nose, which will trigger a premonition of Jasper all freaking out. -- but I don't think I'm satisfied with it. Hah.

This is probaby more of a theory anyhow... :( I don't know if it can be answered.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

I thought that Jasper only freaked out when she cut her arm with the glass (but don't take my word for it, I've only read that bit once) - so there would be a lot more blood that with a paper cut. If that's right, then I like your friend's theory with Alice - she'd be likely to see any big accidents (which brings us to the interesting question of Bella being crushed by the van) with a lot of blood - but I don't think it's plausible to say that Alice would spend her time checking for possible paper cuts every morning.
E&BForever
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by E&BForever »

foolinthemoon wrote:On Bella meant to be a vampire, i agree, She and Edward were two parts of a whole, she was made for him, and he was a vampire, meaning I believe she was always-since before she was born- meant to be a Vampire, Edwart fought against it, but it was undeniable. Even her responses to learning about him were minimal, as if part of her had always known.

As far as the Vampire cleaning process goes. I DO beleive they have to shower from time to time, but i imagine it in rare cases since their skin does not peel or flake, and probably does not collect dust, where our bodies are magnets for it. Their bodies don't secrete any oils like ours do, so i imaging oily hair isn't a problem as well.

The rare case, for a shower, might be if they go through a large mud puddle and it shows, or... they get food in their hair... Or maybe they have a messy lunch. lol
I totally agree. Bella was meant to be a vampire!
Chantell
"You are my life now."-Edward to Bella.
Edward&Bella: Feel the passion, the love, the devotion.Image
Team Edward for life!
No man is perfect, but Edward Cullen comes close!