Twilight Saga Q&A #2

foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by foolinthemoon »

Brella wrote:
Jasper I think was only 17 when he turned. He says that he was almost seventeen when he joined and that his military career was short lived. It doesn't actually say how long he was a soldier but I can't imagine it was too long like maybe a year. which would make him 17...maybe 18.
Actually, Eclipse says he was almost 17 when he joined the Army, in 1861. However, the Battle of Galveston took place in 1863. so he was atleast 19, if not having turned 20 before his being turned. : )
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

Does Charlie know that Bella is a vampire?
Does he understand that Jacob is a werewolf?

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

RussetRose♥ wrote:Does Charlie know that Bella is a vampire?
Does he understand that Jacob is a werewolf?
He knows she's not human anymore... in a certain level. He can see she's different. I don't think he could put a name on it.

With Jacob, I think it's different because he phased in front of Charlie. So, I think he did the math and concluded that Jacob is a werewolf or something close to that. I think part of Charlie's mind is in denial and blocked this kind of information. Otherwise, he's run and scream.
amie

Post by amie »

The movie actually sparked this question for me - the line when Edward says "I leave you alone for two minutes..."

Edward obviously knows the truth about the werewolves/shapeshifters, but when does he know that Jacob is one of them (in the actual "one of them" sense, not just being a member of that tribe)? Does he know before Jacob what Jake really is? Would Jacob have smelled differently from the start, or only after he first phased?
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

amie wrote:The movie actually sparked this question for me - the line when Edward says "I leave you alone for two minutes..."

Edward obviously knows the truth about the werewolves/shapeshifters, but when does he know that Jacob is one of them (in the actual "one of them" sense, not just being a member of that tribe)? Does he know before Jacob what Jake really is? Would Jacob have smelled differently from the start, or only after he first phased?
no, he meant that Jacob is a "wolf descendant". Edward didn't know that Jacob will transform into a werewolf. it's just that the enemity between the La Push people and the cullen family is rooted deep (remember that glare with Edward and Billy) -- so Jacob doesn't like the cullens either (except he doesn't believe they are vampires just yet). (they changed that in the movie. because in the book Jacob didn't mind Edward.)
So no, he knew he was a decendant but he didn't know he will actaully transform into a werewolf in the future.
:D
maybeshescrazy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by maybeshescrazy »

OK, another questions. If Bella had never flirted with Jacob to get the information about the Cullens and found out they were vampires from a different source, what would have happened? Would she still become close friends with him some other way? Would she still turn to him in New Moon after Edward left? Would Jake fall in love with her?
amie

Post by amie »

After the ballet studio, when Alice had to help Bella shower - did Edward peep? :lol:
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

maybeshescrazy wrote:OK, another questions. If Bella had never flirted with Jacob to get the information about the Cullens and found out they were vampires from a different source, what would have happened? Would she still become close friends with him some other way? Would she still turn to him in New Moon after Edward left? Would Jake fall in love with her?
Yes. She went to Jacob because he knew about engines, cars, and motorcycles. She needed someone to fix without squealing on her, so she would have turned to him and followed the same path. Jacob would have also.
amie wrote:After the ballet studio, when Alice had to help Bella shower - did Edward peep? :lol:
No. It doesn't say that but that's not like Edward at all to peep, even if it was Bella.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
amie

Post by amie »

debussygirl wrote:
amie wrote:After the ballet studio, when Alice had to help Bella shower - did Edward peep? :lol:
No. It doesn't say that but that's not like Edward at all to peep, even if it was Bella.
I don't know - he broke into her house repeatedly and watched her sleep for months. His boundaries aren't exactly normal, and he is forever seventeen. I think it's more likely that Alice would resort to Korean sign language again than it is to say Edward just flat out wouldn't peep.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

He was there watching her sleep for two reasons.
1. To see into her mind through her sleep-talk. He was even about to leave when she said his name, and that's what made him stay.
2. He worries about her safety. So many things could go wrong being human (especially Bella) that he couldn't stand letting her go unprotected.
Both reasons have nothing to do with her body.
And you forget this forever 17-year-old was raised before and during WW1 and was raised as a gentleman. Edward would not care about that. And if he was like that, why didn't he just take her then and there in Eclipse?
Oh, and in Midnight Sun when Edward was searching for Bella in Angela's mind he realized she was dressing and left her mind immediately. So he's not a peeper.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com