Twilight Saga Q&A #2

edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A #2

Post by edward4ever »

TeamEdward1918 wrote:
dopeydm wrote:The part I am most curious about was....Why did Edward run away from Bella in the Meadow...was he truly desiring to take her life? I can't imagine that feeling possessing him!

Thanks!
Well, we do know, thanks in part to MS, that he really was suffering through this in the beginning. His thoughts when he first sat next to her in class were very intense. I don't feel inclined to say that at this point he was desiring to take her life, however we do know that he still wasn't so sure how strong he could be around her. So that's why he ran away when she leaned too close to him, he was being overly cautious.
That's my interpretation anyway :D

Anything i'm missing, guys?
Not really, I think you got it. One thing I would add just to help clarify your point is: remember, this was before "Mind Over Matter" ....before they kissed and he saw that he could get close to her and feel all the "love" feelings at the same time as the "thirst" feelings. And he realized that he wanted the "love" feelings with her more than he wanted her blood. So, he just wasn't sure he could control himself at that time, so he was overly cautious...as is his nature.
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
TeamEdward1918
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Wandering outside Forks looking for a certain house...

Post by TeamEdward1918 »

You're right, it was before, glad you pointed that out! Thanks :D
I am a Twilighter with OCD
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side"
E<3B
Edward Cullen: Volvos Never Looked So Good
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

That interview question I posted was asked over a year ago. Do you think SM's plan is now permanently squashed thanks to the Midnight Sun fiasco?
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

She did mention that sometimes when she says things, she changes her mind but people hear it and expect it from her anyway... Maybe that's what happened. She wanted to continue but just felt like things came to a decent closure and changed her mind. :( I would love it if she would continue, though.
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I wish every Twilighter had Aro's power and could shake her hand, just so we know what else she was planning, and every minute detail about our beloved characters :)
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I wish every Twilighter had Aro's power and could shake her hand, just so we know what else she was planning, and every minute detail about our beloved characters :)
That's so cool! Yeah, we need his power. However, we'd have to be careful when shaking her hand before a new novel comes out, or else we'll get spoiled.
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

Another post , another question ...

What does the Eclipse's Cover mean ?

End :D .

p/s : I love Midnight Sun so much . On the other side , Edward's always charming ... ;">
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Kirume wrote:Another post , another question ...

p/s : I love Midnight Sun so much . On the other side , Edward's always charming ... ;">
I think she explain this on her site on Lex's Q&A.. I'd have to check, but it means choice. The whole book is about the choice between Edward and Jacob. Becoming a vampire and staying human.
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

Kirume wrote:Another post , another question ...

I think (I might be mistaken as I can't find the interview) but the ripped ribbon represents an unclean break. When Bella finally lets go of Jacob in the end, she realizes that not everyone can have a happy ending (at least not yet) hence all the jagged tears. I think it also represents her choice in becoming a vampire and that she can't entirely leave her human life. I'll try to find the interview. I think it was in the PC.

Okay found it.
The broken ribbon represents choice, as in the book Bella must choose between her love for vampire Edward Cullen, and her friendship with werewolf Jacob Black. Meyer also stated that the ribbon represents the idea that Bella can't break away completely from her human life
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_(novel)#Cover
The ribbon for me is about the idea of you're trying to break away from your old life. And it's never a clean cut. There's always some of those threads that are so hard to break and for me that's Bella thinking that she can just walk away from her human life and it's really not that simple.
http://stepheniesays.livejournal.com/20266.html

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"
Adrienne
Learning to Love Green

Post by Adrienne »

Alison wrote:The funny thing is that I have been thinking about that issue the past few days, and it turns out you all beat me to it.

Do you think SM started to write Midnight Sun before she wrote Twilight, or at least portions of Midnight Sun? I only ask this because there are certain lines in Twilight that seem completely irrelevant, and then they are explained in Midnight Sun. And these lines in Twilight seem off-base, almost leaving me wondering why she would include such a meaningless line...until it is explained in Midnight Sun. It leads me to think that she had to be writing Midnight Sun prior to Twilight, or she wrote the two books together.

I am in the midst of reading Twilight and Midnight Sun together, and I took note to Bella's bedroom window. In Midnight Sun, Edward brings an oil can to make the window open more easily, and in Twilight, Bella thinks that the window opened so easily for not having been opened for years. Bella's thought seems so random in the midst of the situation, completely unneeded at the moment, but then Midnight Sun gives it meaning. There are a few other instances that I also felt this way about. In my mind, it just would lead me to believe she wrote the book simultaneously or Midnight Sun before Twilight.
When Twilight first came out I was actually on the phone, somebody wrote me a letter and said, "have you read the fan fiction about Twilight?" And I was like, "what's fan fiction? I've never heard of this strange thing." So I got online and started reading and I think there were thirty stories online at the time. I know that's changed a little bit. *laughter* And the reason that Midnight Sun exists is because of those thirty stories because when I read them I thought, "you know, people kind of understand Bella. They're getting her. They do not understand Edward at all," and I was a little offended because how could they not realize what he's going through? So I wrote the first chapter from Edward's perspective, just to say, "Look, this is how they're going to ------ people.
So she really is into details :) She knew what Edward was doing every second she wrote Twilight.

http://stepheniesays.livejournal.com/20266.html

You know you are too into Twilight when you look at your husband and think

"Dammit, why don't you sparkle?"