Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by cullengirl »

Happy Belated Lexiversary, CK!

Spoon: Was your siggy always that quote from the Tick or is it just a coincidence that your stinging story has the same lesson? :lol:

CK: You are the queen of inner monologue! I will confess that the only reason I watch "The Mentalist" is because I can freely oogle Simon Baker for an hour. He is very close as to how I pictured my Carlisle to be. I just hope the show survives, because it seems that every show that I like ends up getting the ax.
CK wrote:Raise your hand if you're freezing and there's snow outside your house! *raises hand* The thing I hate most about the Winter in Michigan is the snow. I don't like to be cold at all. So... What are YOUR favorite things to do to keep warm when the weather isn't cooperating???
*Raises hands* I shovled about 6 inches of snow and that was a few hours ago. Now, there's an additional 4 inches of snow. I'm not kidding! I'm counting shoveling as my workout for today. ;)

Favorite things to do to keep warm: Drink hot cocoa or tea (preferably with V *sigh*), watch movies (I have "Wanted" cued up to see but still haven't seen it),and read (usually smut, lol).
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Oh, I am just laughing so hard... It is wonderful to understand all (enough) of the inside jokes and inuendoes. It's like a whole private world.

BSL - sometimes my computer does not recieve LEX updates. I don't know why, but I will go through a chunk of time when I don't recieve updates and it makes me crazy. I have no idea why. Your problem could have been that your hubby cleaned up the computer, but I doubt it. It's just a weird glitch I think. There used to be a time when I would get 35 LEX notifications in a day. I have put a stop to that though. Now I only get 3 or 5.

Variety - holy cow on the Bee Sting story. I have no fear, but after that experience... I probably would. I'm surprised that your sister does not have an epi-pen already! I'm not a fan of taking chances with anything that might cause death.

you all and the knock-knock jokes. You kill me!

I love being able to edit my post. I forgot... Simon Baker would have been a great Carslise. I had never thought of that before but wow - he'd be perfect. I really like The Mentalist. I didn't know Simon Baker before but he is a cutie. Not exactly my type, but cute none-the-less.

Forget a casting director. Summit should just save money and ask us!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

CherryKnots wrote:Raise your hand if you're freezing and there's snow outside your house! *raises hand* The thing I hate most about the Winter in Michigan is the snow. I don't like to be cold at all. So... What are YOUR favorite things to do to keep warm when the weather isn't cooperating???
My hand is raised and i'm screaming OOH OOH! OVER HERE! PICK ME! Sheesh, it's early January and I was sick of winter in November. It's going to be a long one. I guess what annoys me most about it is waiting for the bus and spending hours trying to reheat my feet. The one thing I can't seem to tolerate since losing weight is feeling cold all the time. I used to love the cold because I was a space heater, now I can't stand it.

Hmm...to keep warm in winter? I wish I had a man here to keep me warm, but sadly I don't, so I guess that won't work. I like to curl up in bed and read or huddle under the blankets with my laptop and write. I was going to say that I enjoy going to movies, but when I went to the theatre today i nearly froze. I had my scarf wrapped around my nose to keep it from falling off.
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

*hand raised high* Our snow is melting right now, but yesterday, and the day before, when I got off work at midnight I had to dig the car out... I was ice cold when I got home. Lucky I married a space heater.

I'm up for joining the real casting crew... (aka, the gutterites...) I feel a need to check out some of Nima's PSD's in real life... :roll: :oops:

We've been quite down the gutter in Gen Y tonight... I feel sorry for the two boys we have, they'll never be the same again... I was completely guttery on msn too. Don't know what's with me, must be the full moon or something... *howl*

We don't do knock-knock jokes here, but I'll give it a try...
Knock-knock
who's there?
Lex
Lex who?
Lex Luthor
Well, if you're not from the Lex, then I don't care *slams door*
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Wingtear: Your knock-knock joke was fabulous!

*Raises both hands* I just am inside from shoveling over 6" of snow (hubby's back still on the mends). It's about 20* F here. My forearms and hands hurt, so it is very hard to type. We are supposed to get 2-3" more by the end. GRRRR... We've had at least one snow storm every week... This is a lot even for us. On the upside, my son has learned to play outside for hours, even by himself (a BIG deal for us).
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

*Sitting on hands* You probably all get tired of hearing me whine about how fickle the Texas weather can be. I'm just glad that the front came through last night- it was 28* this morning! 'Taint nothin' like a little nip in the air to wake you up! I hope you all are keeping warm up there!

What do I do to stay warm during the winter? Well, when it gets extremely cold (for here), I just stay inside and keep the heat up. Otherwise, I like to soak in the tub; cuddle up on the couch with a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate. ...oh, yeah, baking is good body warmer! :lol:

Oleander- I understand where you're coming from. My MIL had gastric by-pass 4 years ago. She lost half of her body weight. She was always hot before losing the weight. *snicker* I'm looking forward to the summer being more bearable after I lose my weight!

Wingtear- your joke was great!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

There is no snow here nor would it qualify as cold for most of you. But when it is really cold (or I'm up in the mountains in snow) I'm all about a cup of hot mint tea or cocoa, a book, a blanket, and a roaring fire in front of the sofa.

BSL, I'm with you girl. I was quite sheltered as a child. I read a romance novel when I was in elementary school and was completely traumatized. It horrified me which caused me to NEVER read romance until my coworker told me to read Twilight. Seeing movies with graphic baking made me blush and feel very uncomfortable up through college. I think being married a few years and starting with Twilight and then slowly descending the Ladder of Gutteriness worked for me. Before I was married, I feel I couldn't have read BDB or even P/C. I'd have been really embarrassed and uncomfortable. But I agree with you and LadyDi, it all depends on the person. But I still say, that these gutteri-raphic novels should be 18 and/or based on the level of maturity.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

We're getting a cold front this week: 15* on Thursday as the high. I live in a weird spot. I'm too low for snow and too high for ice usually. Sometimes we get ice, and when we do it's very bad.

I agree with everyone that it depends on the person's level of maturity. The true indication of maturity regarding smut is that one can read it and then discuss it intelligently. If you are too shy or immature to discuss it, you are too immature to read it. My two cents. :D
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Okay, so it took me a while to get there... I just finished Wrath's book of the BDB. I got three words for ya... O MY, PEACHES!!!! :lol: I am going to the library tomorrow to see if they have any of this series- I doubt it, but I'll check anyway. Thank you all for recommending this. I can't wait to read the rest! And I, too, will never look at peach cobbler the same again. :D
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

This weekend has been a rollercoaster for me. Saturday was a normal weekend day where I got to relax a bit and read some graphic novels aka comic books. I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" (excellent movie by the way), but then at about 9 pm my family got a call and found out that a friend of my father's (Mr. A) had died. He was shoveling the snow and had a heart attack. He was DOA when he reached the hospital. We couldn't believe it. I still can't. He was like an uncle to me. I knew him since I was 5 yrs old. :cry:

Today was spent grocery shopping and cleaning the house. We have some out of state guests staying at our house until Mr. A's funeral. I haven't accomplished anything that I wanted to do this weekend. :roll: I can't imagine what Mr. A's family is going through. Please keep him and their family in your prayers.

Not to be Debbi Downer but, how do you maintain your spirituality/faith in times like these?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!