Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys - Baking Peach Cobbler

Post by LadyDi »

cg, my girl (gotta remember when to use "real" names and when not to!) - I'm PM you.
I was going to mention Ash from Dark Hunter as a way of understanding, but I forgot you haven't read that far.
(Those who have read past Valerius know what I'm talking about.)

I'm religious but I actually find that I can't turn to the Bible / Koran / Torah / holy words right away. Who was it that talked about the steps in the grieving process? I can't access the cerebral cortex until I've given the brain stem and "reptilian brain" section time to wail, to be mad, to be sad, to complain.

You probably aren't in the mood for this, but you can always play "it could always be worse". I sometimes do this if I'm crabby because a day seems to be going badly. Think about how it could be worse - you could be silly or you could be serious. (e.g. I'm tired and I don't want to go to work today - it could be worse, I could be unemployed and not have a job at all, or it could be worse, there could be a prison chain gang trying to wake me at 5 to pound rocks instead of 7:30 when I dragged myself out of bed.)

I have a quote pinned to my bulletin board in my basement: I complained because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet.
Sometimes I need a reminder that, even when it seems very bad, it could be worse.
However, you may not be ready for this right now.
Hang in there.
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:How do you guys think Jake's voice will be handled? As of right now, Taylor still sounds like a teen.
I would think if they bother at all, his voice would be the easiest thing to manipulate and pass off as legitimate. He's 16 in real life and frankly, I'm surprised he still sounds young. That may just be his voice. At 17 1/2, FS still surprises me from time to time because his voice has dropped so much. He's not a booming bass, but he sounds adult with his modulation. (Just not in content ;) )
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Yeah, they can manipulate it. So how's this: "Hey kid, you're perfect for the role. We just need to bulk you up, age you 10 years, and make your voice sound much older." LOL I'm perfect to play Tattoo on Fantasy Island - I only need to be a bit shorter and male. :lol:

We still haven't received any of the fluffy white stuff (ie snow), but the wind has been howling. I can't imagine what it is like in areas right now that have received 96 inches. That's so difficult for me to fathom right now.

My first class of the semester starts tonight. I'm nervous. I slept from 4-10:15am (thanks Nena for texting me 5 minutes before my alarm went off). :lol: :lol: Seriously, it's cool.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Hello Everyone !!!

CG - I'm sorry to hear about your loss and while I would like to be able to give you some advice or insight on how to maintain your faith at this time, it's hard to do. We all tend to deal with our grief and loss in different ways. Some may turn faith or family, while other's tend to internalize their grief and do it quietly. I have to say that in my experience dealing with a loss, that I've done all three. So basically I'm trying to say that I know that everyone's opinions have provided some useful tool but I feel that it's just something that you tend to figure out on your own.

Now on to Taylor: It's great that he's bulking up for the role but even though I can see a difference in him now, it's still going to be something that he's probably have to work on until they begin shooting New Moon. I do have to add that the 12 pack he's got going on is nice but still to young for me but he's definitely an attractive kid teenager.

Nima - I agree about his voice, it makes him sound like a little kid. I think my son's voice is deeper then his and he's only 13. Hopefully some of those male horomones will kick in before filming.

Una - Thanks for the pictures, I would so love to play some football with that group of DH's - YUMMY!!!
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Okay...I survived my three hour drive to and fro for a 10 minute meeting (where I had to wait an hour and 20 minutes for my turn). Goodness, I can't wait to leave work and go home and take a nap!

I know Nima has lots on her plate, so here are for your perusal the younger Troika playing in the field (note blond off to the side) and for CG the dark-hunters of Chicago!

Oh and for our guys...I give you the Chosen slumber party.
Last edited by una on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

una wrote:I know Nima has lots on her plate, so here are for your perusal the younger Troika playing in the field (note blond off to the side).
Ah...bless you Una!! :D
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Una, honey, you get the award for Guttermate of the Year!!!! *wipes drool now*
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

una, as soon as i extract myself from the puddle of drool in which I am currently drowning, I will bow at your feet. That was a lovely younger representation of our beloved troika. By and far the best thing i've seen all day. :)
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I only have ten minutes to post before I can oogle Simon Baker for an hour. :twisted:

*Sigh* I've been reflecting a lot this week. I know death is inevitable, but it's something that I prefer not to think about constantly. It just hit a little too close to home. After talking to family and hearing from you all, I feel much better. Thank you all! *Hugs*

I took today off thinking that there is a blizzard coming to Chicago. I called in early, left a voice mail saying I won't be in, and went back to sleep only to find out that it's sunny outside! I was so mad at myself for calling in, but my mom freaked me out even more about driving in the "blizzard". I did do some work at home, but it's not the same. :roll: I ran out to the library yesterday, before it started to snow heavily and got Vane's book but I haven't touched it yet.

Una: Thanks for the PSDs. What a way to brighten up a girl's day!

Re: Taylor...I agree with the above posts with his voice. He sounds so young. I'm a little considred about Vanessa from High School Musical playing Leah. On the Access Hollywood said that Leah and Jake were potential love interests. Although I hoped that would be the case for the Jake and Leah hook up in BD, I hope that was a mistake and not included in the NM screenplay. :shock:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

CG wrote: ... Vanessa from High School Musical playing Leah. On the Access Hollywood said that Leah and Jake were potential love interests. Although I hoped that would be the case for the Jake and Leah hook up in BD, I hope that was a mistake and not included in the NM screenplay. :shock:
I wouldn't put it past Chris Weitz to do something that horrendous. Look at much he changed the Golden Compass. He's obviously someone who doesn't care about following the books. He's already decided that Jake won't look like Jake from the book. Yeah, I understand the movies aren't a literal translation of the books, but some things are too important to change. Wah wah wah here's me whining. :cry: :cry: ./\___O (Me throwing a tantrum!)

Regarding my SuperTwin's delectable PSD offering:
Butch Lover wrote:Una: Thanks for the PSDs. What a way to brighten up a girl's day!

Leelan wrote:as soon as i extract myself from the puddle of drool in which I am currently drowning, I will bow at your feet. By and far the best thing i've seen all day.

BSL wrote:*wipes drool now*

Rhage's Plaything wrote:Ah...bless you Una!!

I totally and completely concur! *fan's self*
Squee! Thank you, Nena!