EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

Welcome to the new EDC, Inc. thread everyone. It has that new thread smell and everything. We need to break it in!

A bit of business first.

For anyone that would like to join our wonderful crew you need to post your answers to the following questions. Once you do that you will become a trainee.
-What inspired you to join the EDC. Inc?

- What was your first impression of Emmett?

- What is your favorite Emmett quality?

- What is your favorite Emmett moment and/or quote?

- What do you think about the casting of Kellan Lutz as Emmett in the Twilight movie?

- Is there anything you would like to submit for potential topics of discussion?

-Any last confessions concerning your love for Emmett?

Let me reintroduce the management team.
I’m BHG. I’m the contractor. In general, I try to keep order around here. I have to be reminded to share Emmett on occasion, but for the most part I’m doing better at that.
Waiting tobe dazzled (Heather) is our Field Supervisor. She is in charge of starting new topics of discussion. She’s also the only other person I’ve come across that can stand toe to toe with me and hold her own in a discussion about Emmett. She knows her stuff.
Urcoolcarrie (Carrie) is our HR manager. She is in charge of promotions. She will announce your promotion each time you reach a new rank.
Skylarblue (Shannon/skylar/sky) is our New Trainee Supervisor. If you have any questions about how we do things around here you can send her a PM and she’ll answer your questions. She also has to be reminded to share Emmett.

Let me answer the dilemma of one-liner posts. There seemed to be some confusion in the last thread. If it’s a complete sentence that goes along with the current discussion, it’s allowed. If however, it’s something random or even a confession of your undying love for Emmett that interrupts the discussion and flow of the thread, it’s not allowed. If all you are adding to the discussion is “I agree”, that’s not allowed. You need to ADD to the discussion. I hope that clears it up.

Remember, well-thought out answers to discussion questions will get rewarded with points toward your next promotion.

We’re here to have fun. We occasionally post links to pictures of our latest demolition assignments or our new equipment as we get them. Links are welcomed, but no pictures in the thread please.

Emmett's Demolition Crew Members:
Our Reason for Being Here
THE Emmett Cullen (he doesn't need a title, he just IS)

Management Team
Bronze Haired Girl (BHG)
waiting tobe dazzled (Heather)
urcoolcarrie (Carrie)
skylarblue (Shannon/skylar/sky)

Trainees
dandyvampgirl_13
Psugar
Alice will be Alice
edward x lover
Breathless Vampire
ReadingisSexy
vamp na hEireann
KappaGorgeous (Azy)
LoveMeSomeEdward (LMSE)
Emmettsbiggestfan (EBF)

Clean Up Crew
Malaz
TinyDancer (Brea)
honeybuncheso'oats
darkrider (dark)
LeechesRule95
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3

Hand Laborers
KeroroGunsoFan2009
LoveEmmettCullen

Bulldozer Trainees
Waffle of Doom
Layla_Hale
xXBeSafeXx
twilight_fanpire (Elly)
TeamEmmett (Tara)
Brella
Jack

Bulldozer Operators
A.H. (Ayan)
Twilight <3
Dazzled
LindsOuimet
cascsiany (cas/Lins)
Garnetpixie
ChristinasHeadache (Christina/Chris)

Wrecking Ball Trainees
Ambrosia

Wrecking Ball Operators
Hey There Elizah
Ilovetwilight (Sierra/ ILT)
copper curls (Kat/C.C.)

Crane Trainees
LionandLamb123(Kristin)
Shanon

Crane Operators
alellie (J9)
vampirechick101 (Mimi)

Jackhammer Trainees
Meztli
eliselovesedward (Elise)

Jackhammer Operators
Pandancer (Bri)

Dump Truck Trainees

Dump Truck Operators

Backhoe Trainees
cullensalloveamybinda (Caomb/Cam/Nicole)
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #2

Post by Ambrosia »

Yay! New Threads are the best!

Alright, well we need a new question so I'm going to give it a shot here to get some discussion started.

What do you think is the glue that holds Emmett and Rosalie together?

I personally believe that opposites tend to attract. Emmett is very laid back and easy going, with a great sense of humor. Rosalie is very high strung, high maintenance, and demanding. Rosalie would never work with someone who was more like her because she needs someone to just kind of go along with things.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I think it's the fact that Emmett would do anything for Rosalie, and while Rosalie loves Emmett, she also loves the fact that he would do anything for her. Honestly, I think their love is more physical than emotional, so...erm...I suppose they must both be quite good 'chefs'. :lol: :?
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
TinyDancer
Settled in Forks

Post by TinyDancer »

Yay a new thread! I couldn't get caught up on the other one lol.

I think in the beginning, it was physical attraction. THEN they fell in love! Sometimes I am not sure how he puts up with her, but honestly I think he adores her.
Trainee in EDC, Inc.
Dazzled.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled. »

This thread feels so empty compaired to the first one. Lol.

As for the question,

I agree with what you said, but also maybe the fact that Rosalie was the one who "saved" Emmett from the bear, the one who got Carlisle to change him could be another reason. Plus they're both extremely good looking, I'm sure that doesn't hurt! ;)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."
"Bout time someone scored around here." - Emmett Cullen
Bulldozer Trainee of EDC. Inc
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

Well as he said in one of the outtakes he though she was an angel. She stayed with him while he was burning. It's such a sweet story and the way he tells it you can tell he really loves her and he has always loved her. I wish it hadn't been cut from the book.
"What surprised me was that the angel didn't leave. I couldn't understand how something so beautiful would be allowed to stay in hell with me—but I was grateful. Every time God came by to check on me, I was afraid he would take her away, but he never did. I started to think maybe those preachers who talked about a merciful God might have been right after all. And then the pain went away...and they explained things to me.
"They were surprised at how little disturbed I was over the vampire issue. But if Carlisle and Rosalie, my angel, were vampires, how bad could it be?"
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

-What inspired you to join the EDC. Inc?

When I first joined the site, I very proudly declared to multiple strangers that I was a HUGE EMMETT FAN. :D Anyways, I got some PMs saying that I should check out the Emmett' Demolition Crew thread. So I did, and I'm so so happy, because this thread is the greatest thing I have ever seen. And you guys have some rockin' ideas about what to do with Rosalie. ;)

- What was your first impression of Emmett?

I remember what I first thought about him, and I'm going to try to type it the way I think, so please bear with me... :

heh heh.. Big brawny one... that guy's cool. ... Emmett. These kids have SUCH cool names. heh heh.

I also remember wondering about him a lot, because although he’s mentioned a bunch a of times by Edward, you don't really get that much information about him. You could say that he made me curious. ;)

- What is your favorite Emmett quality?

I love the fact that he's never fazed by anything. He's just enjoying himself, and whenever a crisis occurs, he makes a joke and goes back to the Having Fun stuff. And, of course, deals with the crisis. In his own way.

- What is your favorite Emmett moment and/or quote?

quote: " 'It sounded like a bear choking,' Emmett clarified." [Twilight, page 367]
Emmett-related moment: uh... pretty much every time he talks, I burst out laughing...

- What do you think about the casting of Kellan Lutz as Emmett in the Twilight movie?

I think it's perfect. There wasn't much they could do about his [beautiful] curls, because he needed the short hair for filming Generation Kill [HBO mini series about marines, if you want to check it out]. I think that Kellan really understands Emmett's character. In his own words,: “Emmett’s there to do. He’s the brute force. He’s there to crack jokes, and then there to beat someone up.”

- Is there anything you would like to submit for potential topics of discussion?

hmmm... I think everything hyper-important has been covered already. Plus, I'm still pretty new to the site, but I'll check out the rest of the thread as soon as I can.

-Any last confessions concerning your love for Emmett?

Yes. This is how obsessed I am: [I'm gonna have to backtrack, just to give you some background information...]
okay. I'm learning Spanish this year at school, which is kind of a big thing, because I live in Canada and not many schools offer new language instruction in anything other than French. Anyways, my Spanish teacher gave us an assignment in which we had to practice describing people.

I think you can see where this is going.

OK, yeah... :oops: I wrote my Spanish paper bout Emmett. But my teacher knows about the books, and she gave me an A+ 8-)
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

yay new thread!!!I love you BHG you are the best ;)
First of all I think it has to do with the fact that Rosalie saved him. Another strong reason would probably be the physical attraction they have for eachother. Even though those are strong points I don't think that's it. They are clearly opposites so I guess they attract....they also see past eachother. Emmett sees Rosalie like an angel right? well it's because he sees Rosalie's nice side not the person she pretends to be..meaning this stuck up person..I think Rosalie has a nice side once she lets herself loose a little bit . Emmett is also a very playful person but I think he is serious when necessary...he can be very responsable...so for Emmett it's not all fun and games. The most important of all is the love they hold for eachother..both would do anything for the other so that shows what a strong bond they have formed. :D
welcome copper curls ;) to E.D.C Inc. I'm vampirechick101 but you can call me Mimi :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

I think that their entire relationship is tied up in the ways that they were changed.

Let me explain.

In the simplest terms, when Carlisle found Rosalie, she had been attacked. And when he changed her, even though she admits to being angry at first, I think that once the anger faded, she was grateful. But she was still alone. She didn't want an Edward: she wanted a little curly-haired baby. So when she fond Emmett being attacked by that bear, I think that she had a compulsion to save him. And yeah, maybe it was selfish, but once he had changed, Emmett was grateful. Sort of like werewolf imprinting, he couldn't help but love her.

And, okay, their physical relationship is a big part of it, but I think it's more about balance. They balance each other really well. It's that whole opposite attract thing.
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Welcome to the crew, copper curls! This is Carrie, HR Manager of EDC, Inc. :) You are now ranked as a Trainee. Feel free to put your rank in your siggy. :)

Ah. A new thread. *takes a deep breath* It feels great.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin