Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Wingtear »

Oh CB, you didn't scare us... It was vamps.... (Vampire_elf ;) jk)

Cappu... LOL, you and your pups... So, we get to see pictures of this Alice-hair? I don't mind your sharing, but then again, I often feel I give out too much of myself too, when I look back on it. Don't stop me though...

Gutter & Hash... I do some 'mild' guttering, 'occasionally', but unfortunately I often feel out of the loop in the gutter-thread... So I don't post there very much any more, too bad though, the guys & gals playing there is super nice! Heavenly sports pretty much the same crowd, but with cleaner keyboards, and it don't roll so fast either. Dirty keyboards explanation: because since we don't actually speak, we can't call it dirty mouth, can we?

the ID photo's... I find it quite amusing that you all think they look good. Thanks for all the kind words! :oops: I don't know how it is where you guys all live, but here you go to the photographer and they do them. If you're lucky (like I was yesterday) the one taking them is technologically impaired for the "fast-printer" and does some editing and prints them properly. Then the shots get better. I have seen horrid pictures, like my sisters... Back then they took it at the license-authority and she was wearing her glasses. Instead of having her take them off, she had to stare up. She looks like she'll be abducted by aliens any second...

MRK!!! You do not have permission to abandon us!!! I would miss you too much... *puppy-dragon eyes*

Lily... I guess it's good that your life keeps you busy, but I miss you girl!

HP... I've read them all. In both Swedish and English... I have all the Swe ones and half of the Eng ones... I'm not crazy about the movies, but I have seen them all on cinema... My mom also read HP and loved it, but she stopped after book 5 and then she kinda fell out of reading for a while. If she only read in English I would make her read Twilight, because I'm not to found of what little I've seen of the translation...
The only thing I really missed in HP was some romance... OK, there's some, but it's not described as in Twilight... (Duh! the main character is a boy!) <- sarcasm aimed to self.

Cymbrelynn... thanks for the PM, I'm now searching for xxx, xxx and xxx for xxx :lol: :mrgreen:
On another note, I'm very sorry to hear about your job! Hope you find a new, and better, one quick!

Dakota Fanning... Seriously? Am I the only one in the world who doesn't perceive Jane as a child? I just re-read NM, and I read the Jane part thoroughly because I thought I missed something the first time, but no... Couldn't find anything to change my mind. Only description I find is:
"The newcomer was as tiny as Alice, with lank, pale brown hair trimmed short...//... The wide-eyed, full-lipped face would make a Botticelli angel look like a gargoyle."
Nothing about her visual age at all...

Cas... I will have more work for you this weekend, I will put them in doc's tomorrow, all the rest of N&J.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

CantBreathe wrote:Aww MRK, 30 isn't old! Besides that, you look very young, so you could have just kept us all fooled ;)
Aww thanks lol...don't worry...I'll stay! :D
someone has to keep you youngins in line :twisted:

Ninna I think it's in SM's PC...? I recall it being mentioned that Jane and her brother were being burnt alive as children for being witches...maybe it's in BD?
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Wingtear: I know, I'm very scary... :lol: The Jane description is in BD, if I remember correctly. It says somthing about Aro changing them sooner (at a younger age) than he intended to because they (Alec and Jane) were about to be burned on the stake.

HP: I missed the romance too! That's why I turned to Twilight! ;) No seriously, I really fell for the whole romance thing. Way better than the romance in chicklit (in my humble opinion). And since I love storys with a supernatural twist anyway, Twilight was perfect! If I could keep just a few of my books it would be the Twilight and the HP series and I would just read them alternately and still be happy! :D

Oh, dear, I forgot to put my name down for the Valentine's swap... :roll: Dang! Next year! Memory like a sieve at the moment... Keep forgetting my calendar and my office keyes (very impractical, I can tell you...) at home and barely remembered that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow (I do hope I remember that tomorrow morning!)... Oh my, I'm getting old! Sorry, Cam!!!! :(

I haven't much ventured out to other threads recently (apart from the occasional post in HP and Rob thread) because I've already problems keeping up with this one ;) and because I feel so comfortable here with all you lovely people that I don't feel the need to go somewhere else!

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

CiaoBella Awww, you put a rather large smile on my face, I think you're pretty awesome too :D

CantBreathe Holy cow, I love love love Regina Spektor!!! I would go to a concert of hers with you any day! I actually saw her at Lollapalooza a couple summers ago in Chicago, shes amazing! I've never really met anyone else whose a big fan of hers! How exciting for me! That was a lot of exclamation points!!!

jasmine I hope you feel better, being sick is nasty. Keep those shields up! I used to get sick just about every other week when I was younger (immune system from hell), but when I went away to college I discovered the miracle that is Vitamin C tablets. I've taken one every day since and now I only get sick like once or twice a year. Its like magic!

Cappu Did I read that right?! The 12 year old sister was rooting for you to have sex with her brother? :shock: That is messed up.

About Dakota Honestly she probably would do a good job with the part of Jane, but to tell the truth I've never been a big fan of hers. I remember watching interviews with her on morning talk shows like Regis and Kelly when she was really young and just feeling like she acted WAY too old for her age. I realize the entertainment business will do that naturally to any young actor, but seriously, I felt like she was trying too hard to grow up. She talked like a friggen 40 year old when she was only 10! But that doesn't mean that I don't think she is a good little actress.
I also know they have been throwing around the idea of Kristin Chenoweth as Jane. I personally love that idea! Shes this tiny little 4'11' blonde lady with the face of a little girl. Currently shes in the TV series, Pushing Daisies, but she also starred in the original production of Wicked as Glinda the Good. I don't know if anyone else here knows of or likes Wicked, but I'm a huuuuge fan, so maybe I'm a little biased in Kristen's direction... :) This is her... http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/B/B ... ristin.jpg

I'm shocked that some of you haven't read Harry Potter! I bet if you guys picked up the first book, you'll get hooked.

I'll make puppy chow for anyone who wants some :) We should have a puppy chow making party... its just that good.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I don't think Kristin Chenoweth as Jane is the best idea...she is far too old...sry, but Jane is supposed to be this perfectly freaky little girl grown up *thinking Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a vampire* Not to mention her vampirey perfectness...Kristin would need GOBS of make-up to pull it off....
Don't get me wrong, I like her as an actress, just not as Jane...Someone on the Newmoon movie thread posted a pic of two freaky looking actor/actresses...that would be perfect but cant seem to remember who they are lol...but Im sure they'll get someone none of us have ever heard of before and it'd be perfect!
Lisette
Settled in Forks

Post by Lisette »

Just a quick post to let you know that I had a serious adrenaline rush tonight (and yes, you can google it ;) )!!!

I watched revolutionary road, loved it btw, but the fun started when me and my girlfriends left the cinema and came across the premiere of Valkyrie in the next street. We decided to have a closer look and we did see our lovely fellow-country-woman-and-actrice Carice van Houten and we also saw Tom Cruise from a distance.

Now, I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan, but I have to hand it to him, he took his time to greet his fans, even in the drizzling Dutch rain.

Anyway, we decided to take some pictures and then, all of a sudden, when he was right in front of me and in some kind of gut reaction, I extended my hand over a couple of people and he shook it, and smiled at me! I can tell you, it was quite a dazzling experience 8-) . It's almost too much to comprehend. I did not only see an international moviestar (I'm usually ignorant of 'famous' Dutch people passing on the street in Amsterdam) but he shook my hand!!!!!

I guess this would make me a perfect partner in crime for celebrity-spotting... :lol:

''I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me.'''

"So you're the vampire girl."

'''Don't you love me, Bella?
How much do you love me?''
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Lisette...YAY FOR YOU!!! that sounds like such a fun night! I'm envious...sitting here with both my older boys in a time out and the baby screaming from an in-coming tooth...lol...ahhh to go to a movie....alone....*dreams*
I want to see Rev. Road sooo bad!!! I'm trying to corner the hubby into promising a movie for Valentine's Day...we shall see...
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Yeah ok, so I might just be guilty of being a really big fan of Kristin Chenoweth. I know what you mean, though, when you say she looks too old, I just think she would work perfectly if they were going down the road of casting someone who looks young, but really isn't. Plus she's teeny tiney. But our opinions are entitled to us...

I did see that super creepy actor/actress pair on the other thread though. They really are the ideal Jane and Alec, right down to the creepy little smile.

But from what I hear, they just flat out offered the part of Jane to Dakota Fanning, she didn't even have to audition, so now its just being deliberated. Who knows if thats true or not though, the whole Venessa Hudgens scandal *gasp* sure wasn't. But whoever they pick will, no doubt, to a fantastic job I am sure :)

Well thats enough of that... I'm off to study for the night *gag*. Biochem exam tomorrow, yikes! wish me luck!!!

Oh and Lisette, thats sooooo awesome! I have yet to ever meet anyone famous except Kid Rock who lives down the street from the house I grew up in... and as interesting as it was to see him and Pam Anderson walking around main street of my small home town... never really that exciting. Nothing like Tom Cruise! Woo!!!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

OKTO~I like Kristen too, don't get me wrong...just in my head Im thinkin young as in 11-12yrs...and even she can't pull that off lol...but who knows...I could b wrong ;)
Don't you wish we had a big casting book of all the unknowns and we could just flip through and pick who we wanted!

Do you live in MIchigan...or you talking about one of Kid Rock's other houses? lol

Good luck on your test!!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Wow, I fell behind didn't I?
That's all right, I rarely ever keep up anyway!
:lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp