Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by Cymbrelynn »

How exciting, Lisette! And to think you're not even really a fan? Could imagine if it was Rob?? *faint*

Okto, good luck with your exam. I couldn't pass anything either bio or chem if my life depended on it. And just to make you jealous: I won tickets to see Regina Spektor perform in a synagogue in London. Very small, intimate concert. It was awesome. Captured the experience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eclkc1V8y3I

Ninna, I'm so glad you decided to do the swap! You seemed kind of on the fence. It's going to be really fun :) And thanks about the job. I'm keeping positive. Where I am it depends on what sort of ID you're getting. Definitely no professional photographers, though. License pictures are taken at the license center. School IDs are taken at school. Passport photos get taken at the drugstore :? And about Jane, I'm fairly sure somewhere in the PC or FAQ for SM she says that Jane & Alec were pretty young, pre-teens. The androgynous features come from them being not quite children but not adults either.

vamp_elf, yup. your bf sounds like a definite keeper. All my exes have been jerks or nice guys with no confidence and I can't handle that either. And thanks for the job consolation. The story is real simple: it's a non-profit and they just couldn't afford to keep me anymore :( I'm looking at other non-profit places. Checking out all the museums in the area. I want to be a librarian/archivist but I need to get a graduate degree to do that. So in the meantime I'm just trying to find a somewhat relevant position while I wait to start grad school. If it really gets desperate and I feel :cry: just thinking about it, I'll go back to waitressing :cry: but never retail. Never.

Sam, tomorrow is my last day at my job. 3 days notice from them. Haha. I would definitely have gone with you to see Regina last summer :( Even though I've seen her in concert already(see above :twisted: ) I went to a concert completely on my own once and it was actually a moderately depressing experience. I felt so lonely :( I don't recommend it. I think I'm actually pretty okay with Dakota. She certainly has the acting chops and with the right makeup she'll look great. Just hope they make the movies quick so she doesn't look too different.

Cappu, all I can say is Good luck with potty training! :P

Hmm question: If the Volturi created immortal children would they get away with it? Who would step in to enforce the law in that case?
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Kim Well you succeeded in making me jealous... thats awesome! How did you go about winning tickets to something like that?!?!

MRK Yep, I do live in Michigan. Clarkston, MI is where I grew up, and where Kid lives. Its a very small town and a very random place for a celebrity to live, but we kinda all got used to sitting next to him at restaurants and stuff. Hes surprisingly a very nice guy.

Okay... like I said, time to study. Ugh someone needs to teach me to prioritize....
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I live in MI too...Westland...then moved near Ann Arbor abt 5 yrs ago...
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

MRK – Don’t care how old you are, all I know is that you’re cool! And that is all that matters. :D

Well, I just got home. I went to see 7pounds. OMG my jacket got completely wet with tears. You guys were right, that story is so moving. *loud ThuMp*

I reading The Host, I'm almost finishing it and I'm starting to get the “ending book”´s blues. Why books don’t have 2000 pages or more, so they can never end.

I'm still reading the past pages, and I'll post more after that.

[edit]
When I was reading NM I imagined Dakota as Jane… weird. I think she’ll be perfect on that role. She is a gifted actress, it’s a shame Jane’s screen time won’t be bigger.

Kristin Chenoweth: Never doubt the power of CGI….*waves hands in magical moves*
But I still prefer Dakota.

Hey girls, has anyone got news from Dazz… I wonder how her surgery went.

Lisette – Close Encounters of the Third Kind!!! I wonder if it was Rob… or Clive Owen. *fans herself franticly*

OKtoSink – Good luck on your exam!!

*hugs*
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Okto, I randomly visited her myspace page and there was a bulletin that said "Attention London Regina Fans!" I clicked it and said it to email your name and number to this address and the first 50 people to respond would get 2 tickets to a private concert. It had been posted weeks earlier so I was like "No way are there any left but what the hell" so I emailed away. The next day I got a call from them. I couldnt Funny story: The day of the concert it snowed literally an inch in London. And apparently by London standards this is a blizzard. The newspapers all said "Blizzard Hits London!" :lol: The people running the event even called me to ask me if I was still going to make it! I mean, by 10AM that morning all the snow was gone. So bizarre, that UK....
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Ninna- Your use of "dirty keyboard" had me laughing so hard it hurt :lol: I don't think it was explicitly stated in the book that Jane and Alec were children, but I do believe it was something that SM clarified in some of her personal correspondence with the Lex. It doesn't really get specific, but something about how Aro wanted to wait until they were older, but had to step in when the two were about to be burned at the stake. This makes me assume they were not fully mature adults yet.

Catherine- Oh I'm jealous! I just got into her about a year or two ago so this was the first and only concert of hers that I happened to find in the area. But unfortunately no one I know is into her either. I can't understand why not, I just think she is amazing and I find her to be a very intriguing person. I admit I have a bit of a girl crush on her... oh and Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley, who I did get to see last summer at least. Good luck on your exam tomorrow!

Lisette- What a nice birthday surprise! I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, but that still sounds very exciting, and I have heard before that he is always very pleasant like that with his fans. Maybe we should recruit you for our Rob Tracking Team? :lol:

MRK- I love your new banner and avi!! You ladies all have me cracking up tonight!! I hate to admit that Rob makes smoking look sexy. I died when I saw that picture and then immediately made it my desktop background.

Kim- OK OK I'm jealous. Happy now? :lol: That sounds like a really neat concert... and to top it all off you won the tickets! The Electric Factory used to have a MySpace group where you could win tickets to a bunch of Philly concerts, and I won tickets to see Hot Hot Heat a couple years ago. That was pretty neat, and pretty much the extent of my ever winning anything. So while "tracking" your YouTube I saw you also like Flight of the Conchords! I loooooooveee them! However I was pretty disappointed in the new episode the other night. Did you see it? I've decided to still love them unconditionally but Season 2 must get better! Regarding your job, I guess 3 days notice is better than none...?

Paulinha- Oh you got through The Host pretty quick! I guess you liked it? I am curious to hear your thoughts :)

If the Volturi created immortal children would they get away with it? Who would step in to enforce the law in that case?
Hmmm I honestly don't think anyone would step in to enforce the law. I don't think there are any other group of vampires with large enough numbers or that would even have the guts to stand up to them. Most seem to be fear them to some degree, or at least not want to confront them. I think that it is unlikely that any nomadic vampires would band together to put a stop to it. So I think the Volturi would probably get away with it, but I also think if they were to create immortal children, they would better control the situation than some of the other cases, because I still don't think they want to give any hints to the humans about their existence.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

in regards to the volturi's eventually renewing their attempts to wipe out the Cullens...
I had the same thought about charlie about a month ago, and posted it on the Q&A thread, I think someone told me that since Charlie doesn't know the specifics of anything really, that he wouldn't be in trouble, but I'm with you.. .whoever is was that posted the charlie comment.
I doubt the Volturi will care whether their accusations are founded, as long as they can use them to justify their actions to the vampire community at large, I'm actually pretty scared for charlie!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
PaulinhaBrasil

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

If the Volturi created immortal children would they get away with it? Who would step in to enforce the law in that case?
- Don’t think they’ll ever would, cos no matter how powerful they think they are, they know it’s impossible to control them. I remember reading on the books that Aro kept a few to experiment on them :o . *shudders in revulsion* That was too dark, even for me.
- I don’t think there would ever exist, at least not until now, someone who can enforce the law on them. Some day the Cullen’s or Tanya’s family could ascend as high as they are and be able to do such a thing, tho very unlikely. I vote for the Romanians lol. Until then, they’ll go unchecked and unpunished. But I guess still not crazy enough to do such a thing.

CantBreathe – First, I sometimes catch myself thinking about your screen name… LOL I simply love it. Yours and OktoSink are kind of my favorite screen names (I love everybody here equally!! Its just a silly hting I have for the "sound of words"... Like in Donnie Darko, "cellar door". I know, crazy. But you'all already know that!! :lol:). I'm probably finishing The Host tonight. Can’t wait to finish here and dive head first in that book!

*hugs*
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Take pity on me people, it's 6:30am and I haven't slept yet *sigh, plays world's smallest violin lol* Thank goodness I work flexi time or I'd be a puddle today, think I'll stay awake as long as poss, take a nap later and try and ride this day out. Am getting some sleeping pills today though! OK, enough whinging, know I'm not the only one in this boat around here, on to the fun of posting ;)
vampire_elf wrote: I haven't much ventured out to other threads recently (apart from the occasional post in HP and Rob thread) because I've already problems keeping up with this one ;) and because I feel so comfortable here with all you lovely people that I don't feel the need to go somewhere else!
Vamp_Elf, ummmm, there are other threads?? lol :lol:

Lisette, that's cool for you, very serendipitous! Though he's not my cup of tea, I'm afraid, I even broke up with someone I was dating cuz he pointed out he looked like a young Tom Cruise (he really did! total turn off for me haha). But that said, I'd still be as chuffed as you if I randomly met him. I guess through 6 degrees of separation I almost have hahahaha.

Cappu
, thanks for the nice pup stories :) it's good to throw a nice one in every now and then. I was just at my friend's house today, her little guy's 4 months old, a real cutie. I guess they're worth it in the end lol (even when they projectile spit up - thankfully not on me!)
Cymbrelynn wrote:I want to be a librarian/archivist but I need to get a graduate degree to do that. So in the meantime I'm just trying to find a somewhat relevant position while I wait to start grad school.
Cymbrelynn, OMG, I've been thinking about doing this more and more! I'm dithering over a digital archiving degree here, but can't do anything till my bf finishes his MA and gets a job (someone's got to pay the bills, and right now it's me!). Course, I've been dithering about a few other degrees too, all totally unrelated to what I do now, so that's part of the problem too :roll: Did I mention I'm a libra? We of the scales take for-ev-er *said in a sandlot voice* sometimes lol (I don't know how much I believe in astrology, but they sure got that part right for me!)
PaulinhaBrasil wrote:Hey girls, has anyone got news from Dazz… I wonder how her surgery went.
Paulinha, haven't heard anything but I do have her email, and her address too (was going to send a card if anyone else wants them I don't think she'd mind, PM me :))
And don't say anything about the Host yet, am waiting till the weekend! A couple other books jumped in the queue ahead of it, and I read them instead. (Which is actually part of the reason I'm up so late...).

BTW, I too haven't read any Harry Potter, though I've been dragged too the majority of the movies (about which I can remember almost nothing, other than the fact that the kids had to shush the parents and not the other way around!) Sorry, I just need more romantic intrigue I think (and it's not my usual genre of book at all, but film or TV, yes, definately!)

OK, I'll end the ramble, till tonight's ramble if I'm awake lol :mrgreen:
PaulinhaBrasil

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

*huge growl*
SM drives me mad!!! OMG, I can see what is going to happen and suddenly instead of reading faster, I suddenly see myself slowing down. :shock:
And then I flip the pages ahead (stupid, I know!!! :x ) and get a glimpse of the name of the future chapter. And her chapter’s names are so obvious that I think I know what will happen and I don’t want it to! I want the story to be the way I want, but I know she likes the happy good ending, which is not bad (I actualy love it) but also drives me crazy!!! :evil:

I'm a Buffy fan, I'm used to pain, disgrace and heartbreak! It’s been so long I don’t get a story like this and I know it is on purpose, but I'm getting so frustrated!!!

AWWW I want her to be with… (mumbles some spoilers).. and get some ( :oops: *wink* :oops: ) and be happy and leave the (more spoilers) and AHHHHH
:lol: *laughs nervously* :lol:
GOD help me, this “getting my heart back”, “soul searching” busyness is too hard!!! I'm getting myself desensitized of all that pain of “drama TV” like Buffy and Supernatural and Grey’s Anatomy where everybody is miserable and happiness is just an eclipse or full moon on the character’s lives!

Okay, rant is over. *exhale* :)
*sigh* gonna go back and finish the book....

Hugs to everyone. You are the best!