Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by vampire_elf »

Welcome, Lyndsay! I'm 26 and from Austria.

Before I finally go to bed (yeah, I know, I said that about an hour ago but I just canÄ't make myself go :roll: ) there's something I wanted to share. I got my mum (she's in her 50s) to read Twilight a while ago (she really liked it but unfortunately she's not as obsessed as I am) and now she moved on to New Moon. Well, she really liked Edward so I now asked her whether she's still Team Edward or if she's now Team Jacob. Well, she was like "hmm, I really like the doctor" (my mum's a doctor too), so I guess she's Team Carlisle now which I think is kind of cute! And it fits, for my mum anyway... I wouldn't mind Carlisle as a stepfather! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll get the storm here in Austria (they predicted stormy weather for the next few days) but without the snow! :evil:

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

Ninna - You look gorgeous in those pictures! I really love that you are wearing your mom's dress...you're gonna look so pretty on your wedding day. I'm jealous. :)

Lyndsay - Welcome, I'm new here too. I'm Nikki and I'm 21 almost 22 (I think I'm possibly the baby of this thread haha). I live in Washington State, where we are in the middle of a very rare blizzard for us. Seriously people out here don't know what to do when we get more than two inches of snow. :?

Vampire_elf - That is really cute that your mom likes Carlise. hehe I love him too but just not as much as Edward. I don't think anyone can replace Edward for me. hehe And I'm sending some of my snow to Austria for you. Think of it as an early Christmas present. :D
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

Hey there 20-somethings! I'm pretty much brand-spankin new here as well. I'm 22, from Maryland, and gleefully happy to be able to hang out here with other Twilight fanatics.

Random side-note: I took (perhaps forced is the right word?) my family to go see Twilight with me a few weekends ago. My sister had read the book and loved it, but was not a fan of the movie.. my dad said that he disliked the movie so much that he, and I quote, "felt like dying" (yeah, that didn't go over well with me). But my mom said "I don't know what's wrong with you two, I really liked it!" And then she asked if she could borrow my copy of Twilight over her Christmas break (she's a teacher). And after these things happened, I gave my mom a hug and said "Mom, you are now my only friend in this house." And then I looked at my dad and sister and said "And you guys are a disgrace to me." Haha, just kidding about that last part...(but I thought about saying it).
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Welcome Lyndsay and CiaoBella!
On the topic of Moms reading Twilight, my mom actually suggested going to see the movie when I was home with them over Thanksgiving weekend, but my dad was not into going to see it at all :lol: She works in a middle school so some of her students have read the books and her teacher BFF loves Twilight too and has the poster hanging in her classroom. She agreed to read it, so I dropped the book off to her and she has said she will probably start reading it this weekend coming up. I'm so anxious to see what she thinks of it! I just hope she loves it and wants to go see the movie with me too :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Thanks all for the positive support about the job thing! It seems like it is a scary place out there in the job market for all of us. I just graduated college and wanted to make a career change, (been with same company for over 4 years) but I guess now isn't the best time. But thanks again for all your support. You guys make me smile. :D

Wingtear- Your dress and hair looked beautiful. You will be stunning on your wedding. And you mom's dress too how special.

Vampire-elf- I love that you got your mom to read the books and that she is team Carlisle-how cute. I have a special place in my heart for him too. He is so passionate and regal.

Sullie06 I am from Chicago and we are getting the same predictions, a foot of snow today and then more on the weekend. About -5 below zero, seriously this has to be global warming or something to be so cold and have so much snow this early, makes me wonder :?:

Welcome, Ciaobella and stellar87
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Dazzled- It is tough being a twenty something, just graduating college, and trying to get started in the real world when the economy is in the shoot, right? I feel your pain there... at least we have a support group here.
Also, seems like there's atypical weather everywhere these days, I feel like every year it gets a little crazier. I feel like it's not just the economy but the environment going to hell also!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Ninna! amazing!!!!! what a fairytale it'll be! And may i add...you have such a cute nose!

hey anyone been watching grey's lately? I'm a little umph about the way things are going right now....whats with the craziness!
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

There's some rough weather coming through Philly early tomorrow morning as well. I'm really hoping for either a snow day or at the very least a 2 hour delay! I just realized I don't have off on Christmas Eve either. Oh well. A 3 day week is better than a 4 or 5 day week :)

I wish I could get my mom into Twilight but she has no desire to read it and I don't think she would like it anyway. She doesn't like any sort of romance anything. I don't either, though. Twilight was the exception. Just too darn magical! My grandmother said she would read it after I told her all about it and so I'll be getting her a copy for Christmas :) And my boss also wants to read it after Christmas is over and I think she'll definitely enjoy it. Mwahaha. Adding conquests to my Twilight convertee list!
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

MRK - :oops: *hides face in a certain werewolf's coat*
If you think I'm cute :oops: wait till you see the real photos, my flower girl (niece) will be adorable! And D will surely be dazzling... (at least he better be...) :lol:

I'm thinking about trying to get mom to read Twilight, she enjoyed HP a lot. But she's not in "reading-mode" right now, so she doesn't read anything. I'm not sure, since she's not really into fantasy and such, what made HP the exception I just don't know.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
cascsiany
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by cascsiany »

Welcome Lyndsay and Nikki, I'm Lindsay. I'm 21 so Nikki you aren't necessarily the youngest here. I'm from Tennessee/Alabama. (I live in Tennessee but go to school in Alabama.)

You guys that are getting snow are lucky. It's still in the 60s/70s here. So it's probably gonna be another brown Christmas.

Wingtear- wow less than a week away til your wedding. Sounds like it's gonna be crazy for you for the next while.

I think I might convince my mom to go to the movies with me. Go see Twilight.
EDC, Inc... Crane Trainee
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn
"We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."~ Emmett, NM p. 534
Morgan University
Locard's Theory