Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 --Team Edward #2

Post by Dovrebanen »

pennybug84 wrote:For the most part I liked Jacob in NM, he was okay. It wasn't until Eclipse that his attitude, and immature stupid teenage boy behavior really bugged me. So I'm all with you there. I liked him a little better in BD, but only a little. And seriously Edward is just so awesome, sweet, romantic, unselfish and a gentleman.
That was pretty much the way it was for me too. I liked Jacob in NM. He was a good friend for Bella in a time when she really needed him. And I believe when she says that she doesn't know what Edward would have come home to if it hadn't been for Jacob. And then he sort of messed it up when he was trying to make Bella not go to Italy to save Edward. And when he couldn't be happy for her when Alice came to visit. He had to be the crabby wolf.... I didn't like him much in Eclipse. The two kisses were almost unforgivable. And then he redeemed himself at the end of BD. But all the way up until Nessie was born, he did a lot of bad moves.

pennybug84 wrote:I have a question I've been thinking about. If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM?
I actually think that he would. I know that he didn't realize just how deeply she loved him, and that he would have if he could read her mind. But I still think he would have tried. He needed to give her a chance to live without him. He saw his world as bad for her. He didn't want to put her into any danger. And his own brother had just tried to kill her. So I think he would have left no matter what.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

[quote="pennybug84 I have a question I've been thinking about. If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM? [/quote]
Thats a good question. I know that Edward was determine not to cause her anymore pain. But if he could see the pain that would come if he left her then I really think Bella and him would really have to maybe go to plan B .
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM?
No he would have known that she wouldnt have been able to take it, which he though she would
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

has anyone PM'ed a mod?

If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM?
Hmm.... you know, if Edward could read Bella's mind, I don't think anything would have been the same. But Edward, being Edward, would have left anyway. Edward knew in NM that Bella loved him and truly didn't want him to leave, but he thought it would be best for her if he left. So what I'm getting at is.. even if Edward heard Bella's thoughts, he would have still done what he thought was best.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Brain Twin, I've been doing great!
Well for HP as soon as I saw Daniel, he was instantly my HP. ;) :lol: With Rob it's just a whole different hype. People are treating him as if he is Edward. I have no problem with him whatsoever (;)) It's just that sometimes people get too...I don't know how to put it. Confused and too fan-girlish? I don't know. :lol:
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

pennybug84 wrote:
JenTheWriter wrote: Edward is the guy. No questions there. I mean I wholly enjoyed all the bits of NM with Edward in it and you have a great point about how it defines their relationship. I think what Edward did was highly noble and brave and I give him so much props it's disgusting. lol It gave Bella a lot to think about it. And her actions in Eclipse kill me, however ... okay, I will say what I don't like about NM and Eclipse is Jacob's attitude. It's that annoying little teenage boy attitude that didn't sit well with me. And I understand there are people out there who think, such as Jacob did, that their constant presence in someone's life will change their mind about things (I confess I had the same thoughts once), but he came off ... ugh. I dunno. Jacob redeemed himself in BD and I like -that- Jacob. I just know I will suffer through Jacob in NM and it doesn't make me thrilled about the movie.

samajama wrote:Jen, wow. you've sparked quite a conversation! haha. well natually you don't liek Jacob (ew) at all. we don't either. i mean, don't get me wrong i don't hate him or anything. i just think bella and edward belong together.

anyway! thread's almost done! woooooooooo!

I didn't mean to spark a conversation. lol Kidding. I don't really hate I just find him annoying. And it's his age. I'm sure if Edward were 18 and not 108 he'd be more like Jacob at times, Edward's had the chance to "grow up".
For the most part I liked Jacob in NM, he was okay. It wasn't until Eclipse that his attitude, and immature stupid teenage boy behavior really bugged me. So I'm all with you there. I liked him a little better in BD, but only a little. And seriously Edward is just so awesome, sweet, romantic, unselfish and a gentleman.

I have a question I've been thinking about. If Edward could read Bella's mind, do you think he still would have left in NM?
I feel the same about Jacob, for the most part, except (this is my opinion, so please no one bash me for it) I hate him for how he has turned out.

As to the question, I think, he still would have left. It may have been excrutiatingly harder to do it, but he would have. It was only a partial matter, her love for him or lack there of. The main reason he made himself leave was for her safety, and even if he realized just how much it would have killed her (almost literally) he is the type to think that Bella would over react most likely. Or he would have left but kept fairly close and check up on her often enough to make sure she lived.

That's what I think perhaps would have happened. :|

P.S. HECK YES FOR THIS THREAD! WOO!
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

edwardsblossom wrote: As to the question, I think, he still would have left. It may have been excrutiatingly harder to do it, but he would have. It was only a partial matter, her love for him or lack there of. The main reason he made himself leave was for her safety, and even if he realized just how much it would have killed her (almost literally) he is the type to think that Bella would over react most likely. Or he would have left but kept fairly close and check up on her often enough to make sure she lived.

That's what I think perhaps would have happened. :|
That's a good point. Like I said, I think he still would have left. Because he felt like he had too. But I see your point about him staying closer by, to make sure she was okay. And if he saw that she wasn't he probably would have come back. I guess he would have been able to read her mind from some distance.
I don't think that even if he could read her mind that he would know the real consequences of him leaving. I think in the woods her mind went kind of blank. She was numb and dazed, and the real horror didn't hit her until later. So Edward still wouldn't have known how broken she really was goin to be.

I was reading ch 3 of New Moon on the bus today (bad idea...had to bite my lip to keep from crying)...And I have a question that I've been thinking about...
Or two actually...Do you think Edward was too harsh in the forest? And do you think he had plan B already figured out, that he planned to say that he didn't want her or do you think he just came up with the idea right there?
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Sam~I PM'd Nena about a new thread
Dovrebanen wrote:Do you think Edward was too harsh in the forest? And do you think he had plan B already figured out, that he planned to say that he didn't want her or do you think he just came up with the idea right there?
For the first question...
I don't think he was too harsh at all. Yes, Bella went into zombie mode, but if he was easier on her then she would have never let him leave and he would have to be even harder on her. Possibly even say things that he would never have wanted to say or he would have just given in to her and stayed because he kind of lives to please her.

And for the second...
I believe he came up with it right there on the spot when she said (sorry I don't have my book with me, its in Arizona with a friend so I am going from memory) "you...don't...want...me?" He most likely figured that he would go with that since that's what she was thinking because he knew that she wouldn't let him go (quietly at least) otherwise. It was one time where I don't think Edward really thought about it before hand because he would have whimped out and stayed, so when she said that he probably thought that was his ticket. That that would be the one way she would believe him...even if he wished she wouldn't.

I have a question that goes along with this one...but I will wait until more people answer this one and we get a new thread.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

Do you think Edward was too harsh in the forest? And do you think he had plan B already figured out, that he planned to say that he didn't want her or do you think he just came up with the idea right there?

I would say "OF COURSE!" he was too harsh, if he were anyone else but Edward in any other kind of situation. But he was sweet about it in a way, in my opinion. So no, I don't think he was harsh really.

I have a feeling that he just came up with the idea right there. Fast mind and thinking and all that. :?
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage