EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #3

copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Re: EDC, Inc.: Emmett's Demolition Crew ~ Team Emmett #3

Post by copper curls »

thanks for your support, Carrie! :D I did make a bit of a mess tho... sorry, Clean Up Crew! :oops:

okay, I'm gonna take a crack at Heather's question...
Knowing that he will literally live forever (he obviously isn’t the type to just spend eternity sitting around and repeating the same thing over and over), how do you think Emmett avoids the tedium of forever?

*plops thinking Cap on head*
that's actually a really smart question, Heather...
if I've got my facts straight (and if I don't, please feel free to correct me!), then Emmett, as the youngest in the family other than Bella, has only been a vampire for about... what? 70-some odd years?
the first year of which, if not longer, would have been consumed by undying thirst and no self-control.
the next ten years were a different sort of No Self-Control. *cough* Rose *cough*

so really, Emmett's forever has only been the last 60-odd years, which is nowhere near as long as, say, Carlisle.

I think that Emmett would definitely need some form of entertainment though... other than Rosalie, I mean. ;) We know that he goes to school, having attended both high school and university often enough. He also takes time off from any sort of responsibility to spend time with Rose, apart from the rest of the family. like the tie they were in Africa in their own little paradise... *sigh*
I'd say he also gets a kick out of interesting hunting challenges. in BD, there is a reference about Emmett having "...a whim to wrestle an anaconda..."

there is also day-to-day activities, such as:
-arm wrestling;
-watching TV and providing a Bella's-sex-life-related running commentary;
-tormenting Charlie;
-wrestling bears;
-breaking things (such as boulders...);
-playing baseball/thunder ball; :D
-taking care of his Monster Jeep.

love you all.
Storytime is coming up soon, so stay tuned!

~ Kat
xoxo

~EDIT~ hah hah! I just made my 600th post!
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

hello ladies!!
-Jasper ~I am vampirechick101 but please call me Mimi!! Welcome to the E.D.C Demolition Crew!! YAY!
For those who got promoted I want to say that I am proud of you all. Good Job and keep it up :D *high fives and hugs*
Kat~ congrats on the 600th post Keep it up!! WOOT WOOT =D
Party people yesterday ~ I'm really sorry I couldn't make it yesterday....I guess my internet doesn't love me as much as I love it :lol: I will definately make a Yahoo though and I promise I will definately try to make it to the next Promotion Party ;)
Elise~ where have you been hon? we've missed you...and I will definately send you that Pm ;)
LionandLamb123 ~ Yay!! you came back!
Finally we're getting rid of those cricket noises :o ;) :lol:
Knowing that he will literally live forever (he obviously isn’t the type to just spend eternity sitting around and repeating the same thing over and over), how do you think Emmett avoids the tedium of forever?
hm...since Emmett is once to have fun I think that maybe he follows a 'never have done' list and goes by it. He might also try the impossible just for the heck of it even :lol: The hokey pokie ;) doesn't count because I'm sure he never gets tired of that :lol: Maybe traveling around the world might be and option because I'm sure isn't the kind of person who likes to stay in one place for a long time so a trip once in a while might help with that.
It's tempting joining the cheerleader squad...but....I'm nervous that while I'm doing the flips I might hurt someone or myself...so I'm going to stay natural for now...and might join...though I don't want to be a hazard to the other cheerleaders

Love you all !
~mimi~
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

hello everyone! nice question heather.

agreeing on the note that he had his thirst control him for about a yr. and then the 10 yrs. with rose... emmett definitely seems like that who finds anything to do in any situation. uh, though SM doesnt mention much of his travel plans, i would think he does that alot. like to fight lions in africa, or wrestle sharks for fun. :lol: emmett is all for adventure and danger, and in this world that offers him much more than that- out vampire is ALWAYS gonna be out to kill. :twisted: hehe.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
ilovetwilight
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by ilovetwilight »

Yay! I'm a Crane Trainee! Thanks Carrie :D And congrats on the 600th post Kat! On to the question....

I agree with what Mimi/vampirechick101 said that he probably just like has a mental list of things he's never done before and tries to do it all. Like he probably wants to (if he hasn't already) swim to the bottom of the ocean... I could actually see him wanting to try running around the earth in the opposite direction to see if he could go back in time :lol: .
And I just thought of a question: Can Vampires go in space? Like without a space suit and stuff. Theres no oxygen in space, but vampires don't need to breath. And some planets are really hot or really cold, but if vampires are indistructable would that affect them? Because I could see Emmett wanting to go to all the planets and stuff like that...
Active Donor for: DBJ & Co. (Dontating Blood to Jasper!)
Jackhammer Trainee for: EDC Inc. "Let's break down some houses"
Co-Captain for EDCCS!
cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

HEY GUYZZ (laydezz :roll: ) soo i was mia today.. not that anyone would notice :lol: and i saw to twi shirts... one that said "i kissed a vamp and i like it" (i gotta get my self one of those..) and a generic one.. i was soooo pleased.

but enought about my boring life and to my exiting on :D

BTW kitty-kat i love your anwser haha bella's sex life
well he has rose :roll: that gotta be entertaining :( i think he just need to find his niche. carlise found his work edward his music, rose her cars, esme's designing, alices passion 4 fashion, jazz and his history... emmett and his... what sex obsession? haha other thank what video games he dosent realy have a pass time. but i think over time he will find one. he just needs a few decades :roll: i think hunting is a good one OME i have an idea! instead of like a chocolatier he could be a like umm how would i say it .. a boold conosour! he would go around and find the best animal blood on earth !! haha i found his calling :D

Kat you are a monster :O how do you post so mch hunn! tell me the secret to great ness :roll:
Also I am saying hi for Elise who can't come on much right now, she is on vacay.
CONGRATS to all promos you deserve it guys we work like crazy!

this post is is getting long for me coughBricough so I will end it

LOVE CAM<3 dont be afraid to demolish!!
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

It's okay about the party. ;) I just happened to pop in at that time. I have been sick for what seems like forever! Arrg. I even felt decent for a day and a half in between.. Oh well. Maybe next time! HELLLOOO! Congrats on the promotions & hope you guys had fun! :D
I think Emmett is the type that wants to try everything! Skydiving, bungee jumping, cliff jumping, skiing, skating, dirt biking, etc. You catch what I'm saying, I'm sure! :lol: When there isn't much going on, he probably finds something new to do.
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Ok, so, i have a bit of a vent to make, but so that I don't get the ruler, I am going to answer the question first. :)

I think, like others said, he would just go out and do everything. With Bella in the house, even though she's a vampire now, I'm sure he will never get tired of teasing her. Then, of course, theres Rosalie. ;) We all know he'll be happy with the hokey pokey for the rest of his life. :)

And now my vent.
*grabs storyhat/victory hat/haha hat/yay! hat. whatever you want to call it.*

The San Diego Chargers just kicked the Denver Broncos BUTT!!! Holy crap!! After the Broncos have the first place spot for 16 FREAKING WEEKS STRAIGHT, we come in and steal it from them in the last game of the year!! Dude, THE CHARGERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! I am so excited right now, you don't even know. :D :D :D I can't stop shaking!! This is the cherry on top of the sundae. I go to Forks, come back for a promotion party, and then the Chargers get to be the AFC West CHAMPS!!!??? Oh my gosh. This is just the greatest thing EVER!!

Oh, and Christina, I'm sorry. I told you the Broncos would get their butts kicked! :twisted:
Haha. You know I love ya, my dear. :)

The end. *does Charger victory dance*
We're going to the playoffs, baby! :D
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
garnetpixie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by garnetpixie »

Oh no. I guess I knew this would happen! I take a few days to rest up after the holiday and I've got like 17 pages to catch up on. I'm way to tired to do it tonight. I will, however answer the latest question!

Sorry, but the word "tedium" made me giggle. It sounds funny when you say it out loud, and really fast. I guess I'm just goofey like that! ^.^

I think he takes it in stride, lives in the here and now. He's just that type, to enjoy what he has and not question tomorrow. He spends time with Rose to keep her happy and I'm not saying he doens't enjoy it, just that the whole "forever" thing might get to Rose a little bit more than the others. So his biggest concern with the boredom of forever is keeping his reason for existing forever happy. She is a lot of work, so I think he never even notices.

Now I'm going to enjoy more vacation and lurk around stalking questions like I'm a house cat and they are mouses! Weeeee...
EDC Bulldozer Operator
Privet Violet Rosario of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Pensatori Ghiacciati, Go blue!
Team Rosalie ~ Every Rose has its Thorn...

J<3B
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

I think Emmett relieves the tedium in a similar fashion to all the Cullens. Learn, love and family. I mean with an eternity of time they can study and almost everything they ever wanted to do. Also they have each other, I imagine that adds to the sweetness of life. I think the only hard part would be if they ever lost someone in their family, that pain would be eternal.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

i wrote this really long post and my computer just ate it!.. :roll:

so i'll try and post what i can remember.

I don't think that living forever would get tedious for Emmett. The word boredom probably doesn't even exist to him. He'll just occupy himself by breaking down things with Rose, playing baseball, putting on bets with his brothers and spending time with his family. The only things I can see that might be tedious is spending an eternity with Rosalie.. poor guy :lol:

anyways here's a before an after pic of mine and emmett's demolitions.. let's just we had a bit too much fun :oops: :lol:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2179/226 ... 8a720c.jpg
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie