Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by ashiekins16 »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:My boyfriend (who hasn't read Twilight) came with us to see the movie and he was laughing at us the entire time. We were laughing at random parts when no one else was and other times we were so absorbed in the movie it was ridiculous. He caught on to the whole werewolf scheme but I didn't think that it would make much sense to people who haven't read the series. I probably blabbed something about it to him while I was reading the books. He went with me to see it the first time but he told me that the second time I'm on my own. :o

That sounds kind of like my boyfriend. He hated it, which I figured he would. Hes not into that stuff. I'm just glad he let me bring him. But he laughed at the cheesy stuff and was like wtf? At least he got a little laugh out of it. He especially laughed at Edwards face in Biology.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

My boyfriend actually enjoyed the movie. I would sneak a peak at him when he was watching and he was smiling and stuff and he laughed in all the right spots. He said he enjoyed it and that he might read the books. Hes been listening to me for months on end talking about it and it told him that if he enjoyed the movie he should read the books. so we will see!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

I just know my hubby will dislike the movies, he's into the "real" vampire thing... :roll:
I'm not sure though, he might, might consider it OK. After all, he could accept both "Underworld" and "Blood & Chocolate" even as they are far from his beliefs...
He will see it with me, when it comes here in January (I went to a neighbor country to see it last Saturday) and hopefully I'll get some friends who have read the books (I only forced them a little) to come along and we can squeeel in chorus... :lol:
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I don't know about my husband, there are some things that I think he will like, he doesn't. And some things I think he will hate, he really likes. He really likes the HP movies, so maybe he will like Twilight...I gues we will see.

BTW, isn't my new banner totally awesome! Thanks MRK!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

^you're banner is gorgeous, all hail to MRK *picture the bowing smiley from twimom's*
Leoni
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Leoni »

Oooh a twenty something thread! How'd I miss it?!

Picking up on the boyfriend thing, when the movie eventually comes out here (roll on 19th December) mine has said he'll take me, but I know he's dreading it. ;) It's just not his thing. He's a man's man and isn't a fan of fantasy as a genre. But he loves me so he's making the effort which I appreciate. :)

My best friend who is a guy has leant my copies and is quite enjoying them. Although he is gay so I don't know how telling that is...
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken

E<3B

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

My boyfriend keeps telling me that I will be disappointed by the movie :? I decided not to believe him. But he's willing enough to go and see the movie with me if that makes me happy, which is really sweet of him! :) But I'm not sure he will enjoy it that much (he wasn't that much into HP either)! So, same as Leoni, pretty much...

Those of you from GB: anyone from London? I'm planning go to London in the beginning of January for about two weeks (need to do some research for my studies and don't know anyone in London) and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet and maybe go and watch Twilight! :D

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

since traveling and meeting seems to be todays topic...
Anyone from New York here? We'll be spending new years eve there (27th of December - 3rd of January) and I wanna know where I can find Twilight stuff! Because there is nothing for sale here around me :cry:
Leoni
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Leoni »

vampire_elf wrote: Those of you from GB: anyone from London? I'm planning go to London in the beginning of January for about two weeks (need to do some research for my studies and don't know anyone in London) and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet and maybe go and watch Twilight! :D
I'm from Liverpool which is about 4 hours from London. I'll be in London for a few day in January to visit a friend and see a show he is in, so PM me and keep in touch because if Twilight is still in cinemas we could defo go see it - and anyone else who is about London. :D
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken

E<3B

vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Thanks Leoni, that's great! Don't know when I'll be going excatly but I'll let you know! :)
I assume that Twilight is still in the English cinemas then, cause it will only be released 19th of Dec. I'm counting on watching Twilight in London!

Wingtear: new years eve in New York! Wow! Lucky you! That sounds great!

Nothing for sale around me either! Is there an Twilight merchandise in GB?

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter