Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I loved reading Midnight Sun! Anything I can do to gain further knowledge of anything Edward, I am there! But I am really interested to find out who our two guys relate to more. Let us know! There is a guy at one of my jobs who says that he related the most to Mike. :(
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Anarey

Post by Anarey »

Elizabeth wrote:
Anarey wrote:I did the most evil thing a person can do to get my boyfriend to go with me. I showed his 6 yr old daughter a trailer of the movie and made her want to go see a movie where a good (not to mention cute) vampire saves a girl from an accident and then saves her again from the bad guy. I kept the explanation to her in a Disney's princess level and now she not only is annoying her father to death about the movie but wants me to read the novel to her :twisted:
Oh, that's just so bad, but too funny! What are you going to do when his daughter wants you to read all of the books to her? The birth scene can always be omitted I guess. It's not really Disney princess material but if you wanna teach her about the importance of birth control or scare her into not having kids someday, you can always share it with her later!
Well I see no problem there, since I have to translate it to her because she's starting to learn English and all she can say is numbers and colors, I can always edit the birth and just say that the baby came out. She's very spoiled and everything she wants, she gets so it's the perfect strategy. She's way too mature for her age and she already knows where babies come from (without too much info, of course) and how they are born, I'm pretty sure she'll understand.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I loved Midnight Sun...I think Edward is more interesting of a character in my perspective...I mean, he has lived for 100 years, seen thousands of women, been around 3 couples who are all madly in love...and just now is he experiencing it for himself...but he has the added complication that he just might kill the girl he loves if he gets too close. He is so conflicted, and I LOVE it. I really hope the SM decides to write the rest of MS. It is so good...even with her little flubs here and there...plus, half the story is written, so it could come out pretty dang quick if she wanted it too...

All we can do is hope! :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
genuinesmile
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by genuinesmile »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I don't even know if I am generation Y.... I think I might be too old? Is 26 too old for the Gen Y? But anyways, I know exactly what you all are saying about getting boyfriends to read the book. My boyfriend is defintely going to the Twilight premier with me but he says he "doesn't read". Haha, so I'm going to get him the book on tape. Then he'll have no choice lol

I've been gone from the boards for a bit. . .i've just started another semester of classes, :? woop-dee-doo! lol um I'm in that same situation, though my boyfriend read the first chapter, he hasn't picked the book up again saying he's just no that into reading. . .eh. . .but in regards to the book on tape idea, sounds brilliant! I might give it a try myself ;)

He was supposed to have gone with me to the BD concert but at last minute backed out, i ended up going with his sister which was fun but deep down i felt a huge let down on his part. . .so in return he owes me big time. He's DEFINITELY (no questions about it) HAS to go with me to the midnight release of the Twilight movie :D &however many times i want to see again :P lol
mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I was thinking of getting the book on tape version for myself too! Then I can listen to it anywhere! I used to worry myself because when I was first reading the whole Twilight saga, I would speed up to red lights just so I could read another paragraph before the light changed. Not the safest thing in the world :oops:
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:I used to worry myself because when I was first reading the whole Twilight saga, I would speed up to red lights just so I could read another paragraph before the light changed. Not the safest thing in the world :oops:
There have been times when I have had one of the books in the car with me and have been so tempted to read them, but knew that they were way too absorbing for me to get into :lol:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Adam

Post by Adam »

mandustries wrote:Totally Adam, totally. Have you guys (and by guys I do mean the two males we have in here) read the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun? If so, how do you feel reading Edward's perspective?

And for everyone else, what did you think? I loved it. Fingers crossed Stephenie goes back on her "indefinite hiatus" thoughts.
Yeah, I read it shortly after SM posted it on her webpage. I found myself going back to twilight to crossreference the events whenever Bella did something that perplexed Edward in MS. It was rather like being inside both of their heads. I'm amazed at how well SM writes from both perspectives. Edward is a freaking stud, period. I really like how he won't be with someone (Tanya) just because she's interested, attractive, and availible. And when he ditches class to go sit in his Volvo and play loud music trying to get Bella out of his thoughts, that is totally something I would do myself.
mrsedwardcullen wrote:I loved reading Midnight Sun! Anything I can do to gain further knowledge of anything Edward, I am there! But I am really interested to find out who our two guys relate to more. Let us know! There is a guy at one of my jobs who says that he related the most to Mike. :(
Well, barring the inhuman strength, immortality, and other vampire traits, I relate most to Edward. No, it is not because we have the same effect on women. The way he admires Carlisle for his self-mastery and compassion reminds me of the way I seek out people to emulate in order to better myself. Also, the way he feels about Bella emotionally is easy for me to comprehend. That is why I wanted to murder Jacob in Eclipse. Plus he hates highschool about as much as I did. ;) He is also very close to his family, like I am. Oh, and he is a talented musician. I am not a musician, but I am a sculptor. And, I just like him.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Good to know that I'm not the only one who reads in the car...bad Jen! As soon as I am done with the Host, I am going to re-read Twilight and the rest again, because I flew through them!

So cool to hear the guys thoughts on Edward. I was doing the same thing as I read MS!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

mandustries wrote:
Bizarre Star wrote:Ohh! I'm an Austin girl too! I'm pretty sure that several places will have midnight showing. I'm going with my best friend, her roommate and her boyfriend, and his family.
I'm hoping the Alamo has one. They always have awesome midnight showings ... or at least they did for The Dark Knight. Plus, the Alamos are like the coolest theaters ever.
*laughs* I was just there for the showing of Labyrinth. I love Alamo events. I even got to order Butterbeer when they showed Harry Potter! I'm defiantly hoping they have a midnight showing. Maybe they'll have som vampire drinks:

"Would anyone like a Sparkling Cullen?"

Now how awesome of a drink would that be?
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

awesomejen1 wrote:I loved Midnight Sun...I think Edward is more interesting of a character in my perspective...I mean, he has lived for 100 years, seen thousands of women, been around 3 couples who are all madly in love...and just now is he experiencing it for himself...but he has the added complication that he just might kill the girl he loves if he gets too close. He is so conflicted, and I LOVE it. I really hope the SM decides to write the rest of MS. It is so good...even with her little flubs here and there...plus, half the story is written, so it could come out pretty dang quick if she wanted it too...

All we can do is hope! :D
To Hope! Because without it, what else is there? I was bummed out that SM got discouraged. She lived through the BD backlash and in the internet-era we live in, it's a sad but inevitable truth that people will leak material just because they can. Some people just don't care about the consequences of their actions but I hope Stephenie is encouraged by all of the avid readers who are rooting for Midnight Sun's release. I was thinking about it being about half written too, she's almost there! I hadn't realized how much she had written already, she made it seem like it was still in its infancy. Yeah, the story is just the beginning and then she has to deal with the publishing company, but she'd be that much closer to having a companion for Bella's version of Twilight.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back