Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Bizarre Star »

wishingiwasbella wrote:But I was like honey your going with me or no sex for a wk and he was like no and I was lik ok. I don't really care if he goes with me. I just want him to read the damn book!
I don't care about if a guy will read the books I like or not. I wouldn't want to be forced to read some crap that he enjoys but I don't. BUT to go out and see a movie, that's different. I LOVE going to the movies and I like drinking at the movies. It's all fun even if the movie is bad.

Hmmm... are movie theaters like the draft house and movie taverns only in Texas? I haven't heard of them being anywhere else.
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

I just turned 21 on the 14th of August. I just discovered Twilight this summer, and am now starting my second round on reading all the books. Read the 1st book in three days, the second book in 5 days, the third in two weeks (actually worked), and the fourth in 5 days.

I wish my boyfriend would pick up Twilight and read it. he's not really a reading type of guy though. If he just picked it up and read it, maybe he'd understand how I can't go more than a day without talking about it.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I'm 25, and live in Austin, TX and absolutely love the Twilight series, and I really don't feel old because my best friends are all obsessed with it too, LOL (and they are 24, 25 and 26).

My husband gives me a hard time, but he'd read them if I really wanted him to. I think I peaked his curiosity the other day because he did something that was just perfect, and I looked him in the eye and said, "Aww, You're my Edward...". :D
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Bizarre Star wrote:*laughs* I've always what generation I was. Gen Y. That sounds cool. Er... anyways, I'm 21.

I have not met a guy who likes Twilight yet. I've heard of their existence but like Big Foot; I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm 19 so I'm on the brink of the 20 somethings BUT ANYWHO-- I've gotten 3, count 'em, 3 19 year old men to read, and not just read, but enjoy the Twilight series. They even decided that they wanted to go with me to the Breaking Dawn premiere. No joke. I pride myself on this fact every day of my life. :D

And my boyfriend, also 19 decided that he wants to see the movie with me, so, hey small victories for us Twilight girlfriends!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

la_tua_cantante wrote:I'm 25, and live in Austin, TX and absolutely love the Twilight series, and I really don't feel old because my best friends are all obsessed with it too, LOL (and they are 24, 25 and 26).
Oooo! I'm from Austin too! I always feel to old because I'm the oldest of all my friends. In high school, I was so used to being the youngest so it's weird now that my friends are 20, 19, and 18. (I'm 21)
WishIWasACullen wrote: I'm 19 so I'm on the brink of the 20 somethings BUT ANYWHO-- I've gotten 3, count 'em, 3 19 year old men to read, and not just read, but enjoy the Twilight series. They even decided that they wanted to go with me to the Breaking Dawn premiere. No joke. I pride myself on this fact every day of my life. :D
Sweetie, you deserve an award~
WishIWasACullen

Oh jeez!! Sometimes I feel like I do, at first it was like pulling teeth! But now they're hooked and it's amazing!! :D

"For Now...."

E <3 B

wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

out of all my friends except for 1 i'm the oldest by more than 7 months and that's the closet one the next is a year younger then 2 years and 2 1/2 years. Lol I've gotten 3 of the 4 to read twilight.

and I'm driving down to see the movie with 2 of them.
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Oh jeez!! Sometimes I feel like I do, at first it was like pulling teeth! But now they're hooked and it's amazing!! :D
Well, I award you the first ever Internet Stars of Twilight Awesomeness~
WishIWasACullen

Ha ha :lol: thanks Bizarre Star I feel so special!! Yay! Today is a good day. :D

"For Now...."

E <3 B

BellaJen
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaJen »

Hello! Can I pop in here and say hi? *waves*

For those who don't know me, I'm Jen, I'm a 24 year old married mom of 2 kiddos! :) I saw this thread, and thought I'd stop by and say hello!

:)

I'm 24, but most days feel 100 :lol: . Kids, work, school will wear ya out!

I look forward to chatting with everyone!
We've got your back, Stephenie!