Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by wishingiwasbella »

awesomejen1 wrote:Meteor:
Thanks for the welcome! I sometimes feel like it's a little crazy that I am married so young...I kinda thought I would last a little longer...but I have always been a little more mature for my age I think, and I got all my crazy partying, dating, being a wild child out of my system pretty young.

I don't really know how to explain "love me some" I guess its just another way to I love...just a turn of phrase I guess. :D
I know what you mean I got married at 19 and still married :-).. Congrat's on the wedding though I bet it was beautiful. Oh and at my old starbucks store they had a bet on when I was gonna become Preggo. Lol. NEVER! :-)
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

I'm way to selfish to be married and have a family. I know I am. I've always been the mature one in my family so I'm using this time now to just have fun. Enjoy the money I earn on things for myself...

I will admit, I do get a tad bit emotional when I see my friends who already have families. (I still get angry at a few who just didn't wait... like my idiot 17 year old cousin *shakes head* )
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

Yea i got married at 19...and i get the "do you have kids?" question all the time!! We've been married for 4 years and we dont have any kids as of yet...but we do have 4 dogs who take up all of our time...ironically one of our dogs is named isabella but we just call her Bella unless shes in trouble..lol
Nessa645
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Nessa645 »

I've been with my boyfriend almost 5 years now. Everyone's always asking so whens the wedding or when are there gonna be babies :shock: <---that's what my face looks like when they ask that question. I do have a dog she's three and she acts like if she was a kid. She's a toy chihuahua and her name is Tinkabell (she's 3) but I call her Bella. How long has everyone been with their boyfriend or husband?
Anarey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Anarey »

I'm 26 almost 27 and I don't know any guy who likes Twilight. But to be precise, I don't know anyone who likes it in my whole country. :? My boyfriend knows who Edward and Bella are because I told him what the book is about to get him to watch the trailer, but then he got mad at me because I spent 4 days straight without cleaning the house, reading the 4 books, and now he says the books are stupid and useless and there's no way to get him to read them because he doesn't speak English.
ImageCan't wait til Nov 20!!

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

I try really hard to not think about the fact that these are teenagers.. i dont really think edward counts he is old..
but Jake.. its really hard for me because he is 16! and a 16 year old shouldnt be able to kiss like that(yes i know i remember being 16) and he is really hot.. so i pretend that he is 25.. and that edward can be 17.. because he has been around awhile.. but.. my friend told me.. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.. they are fictional.. its not like we can go to Fictional jail for having.. vulgar thoughts about some hot Vampires and Wolf boys ;-)
Last edited by Lynzeee on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

Lynzeee wrote:I try really hard to not think about the fact that these are teenagers.. i dont really thing edward counts he is old..
but Jake.. its really hard for me because he is 16! and a 16 year old shouldnt be able to kiss like that(yes i know i remember being 16) and he is really hot.. so i pretend that he is 25.. and that edward can be 17.. because he has been around awhile.. but.. my friend told me.. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.. they are fictional.. its not like we can go to Fictional jail for having.. vulgar thoughts about some hot Vampires and Wold boys ;-)
I think it's ok! Remember when Jacob first started turning into a wolf he aged like 10 years!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Even now, even after Breaking Dawn, I still see Jacob as a teen. I guess I see the vampires as wise beyond their 'years' because they are wise beyond their years, at least physical years. Emotionally and mentally they continue to grow and evolve. I always think of Renee and her saying Bella found another old soul. Life experiences do ages us, how many of us are really our ages, number wise? I'm 24, but I feel like I have nothing in common with most people my age. Anyone ever have the "Edward moments" where you think people are so predictable in their ways of thinking? I know we can't read minds, but some of the stuff that comes out of people's mouthes just sounds so insignificant when there are real problems out there, not things like when you're going to get laid, or wear on a date.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Celticmaiden
Settled in Forks

Post by Celticmaiden »

I never really thought of Edward as 17, he just is too mature for that. He has too much patience for a teen. And if you really think about, only his body is 17, his character and personality have continued to mature with the years.
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

Celticmaiden wrote:I never really thought of Edward as 17, he just is too mature for that. He has too much patience for a teen. And if you really think about, only his body is 17, his character and personality have continued to mature with the years.
That's the wonderful thing about vampires. They will always look you and sexy but mature enough to fall in love with.