Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Adam
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Gen Y---the twenty somethings thread

Post by Adam »

Hi all. After reading this thread I feel awesome. I can't say that I've ever felt sooo proud of myself just for reading some books that I really enjoyed anyway. Yep, you guessed it, I'm a guy. I read the series after my niece recommended Twilight to me about two weeks ago. It did'nt require any persuasion on her part. After I finished Twilight I was hooked. Are open-minded guys really as rare as Bigfoot?
Surely not. Well ...
I found the guy forum easily enough, but this 20's forum is a bit out of the way. For the record I'm 28.
WishIWasACullen

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Yay for you Sir Adam the Brave!!! I applaud you tenfold!!! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it--I love when guys can be open-minded and not just automatically dismiss something solely because it's widely adored by women. More power to you!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

My boyfriend is a bum and doesn't not want to read them ... he just has a hard time getting through series. He can read one of a series, but never the rest of them. He's strange. ;) He does, however, completely enjoy (I know, he's crazy!) the fact that I love the series so much. He knows all about the books, because he listens to me go on and on. I even dragged him to the panel at Comic Con and the BD release earlier this summer. He's a very good sport.

The movie premiere, before it was moved up to Nov. 21, was on my birthday and he was planning an all-out Twilight themed party for me, complete with dragging pretty much my entire family to the theater. He's bummed he can't plan that any longer, but he's willingly going with me and a bunch of my other (female) Twilight friends to see it.

I'm really hoping they'll have a midnight showing locally (in Austin, TX). I'd be sporting some Twilight gear and perhaps a set of golden contacts, if I can find any that look right. Have y'all seen any that look more yellow and less hazel? :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
mrsedwardcullen

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

Yay for you Adam! I'm glad you're not too stubborn to read the books! I cannot for the life of me get my fiance to read them. We are going to have story time and I'll just read them to him. But he is for sure coming to the premier here with me and my sister. I have my Twilight shirt already and just can't wait until Nov 21!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I just bought Twilight on CD, and I am hoping that my hubby will listen and enjoy them while we move to California from Utah...He doesn't read ANY book, but usually enjoys audio books, so I think he'll like it. He has also promised to go to the movie with me since we will be in a new town, and I have to see it the day it comes out!
Seeing other guys on here makes me happy!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Psychicpoptarts
Wandering Through Town

Post by Psychicpoptarts »

Hi everyone! I'm Brenda! I'm 22. Sadly, I don't know anyone who reads Twilight except for 2 people. My best friend, John (Who is known here as 'withAlice') and another friend! I'm about ready to graduate from college with a degree in Web Design and Meteorology. Anyone else into weather? Any storm chasers? ;)

Anyways, Adam, you rule!
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Don't worry you're not the only one who feels that way. I don't know anyone (other than here) that are into them. So I get my fix here.
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

Anarey wrote:I did the most evil thing a person can do to get my boyfriend to go with me. I showed his 6 yr old daughter a trailer of the movie and made her want to go see a movie where a good (not to mention cute) vampire saves a girl from an accident and then saves her again from the bad guy. I kept the explanation to her in a Disney's princess level and now she not only is annoying her father to death about the movie but wants me to read the novel to her :twisted:
Oh honey, you are good. I applaud you :D
mandustries wrote: I'm really hoping they'll have a midnight showing locally (in Austin, TX). I'd be sporting some Twilight gear and perhaps a set of golden contacts, if I can find any that look right. Have y'all seen any that look more yellow and less hazel? :)
Ohh! I'm an Austin girl too! I'm pretty sure that several places will have midnight showing. I'm going with my best friend, her roommate and her boyfriend, and his family.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Aw, thanks guys for the welcomes! Everyone here seems so nice, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone :D
Regarding the premiere... I've never been to a midnight screening before but I don't see how I could possibly wait any longer than I all ready have to see this movie. I suppose I will be able to drag my boyfriend along with me (he has finally agreed verbally to read the series though I'm not sure when/if this will actually happen). I don't know anyone else who has read the series, and would kinda prefer to go see the movie with someone on my "level". If anyone's in the South Jersey/Philly area and wants to get some people together for the premiere let me know!
And I think open minded people in general are rare... open minded guys (especially those who are willing to admit so) are definitely on the same plane as Bigfoot.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
steph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by steph »

Hey Adam, welcome to the board, its good to see another guy on here, to get the "male" perspective on the book...im trying to convince my husband to read the book but he's more of a movie person so hopefully the movie will suit him.