Gex X--the 30 something thread

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by skylarblue »

I think I connected the two because by the middle of the movie, it was kind of all about Johnny & Pony Boy.

Okay since we've talked about the Outsiders, it made me think of another movie it brought me to another.

The Lost Boys: Lets see Keifer Sutherland, Jason Patrick (wasn't this a breakout role for him) and yes it introduced us to the two Corey's (Haim & Feldman), Billy Wirth and Alex Winter (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure).

I know that both Corey's were in movies before this such as Lucas (Haim) and Stand By Me (Feldman), etc but I think this movie made them stand out and be the "swoon" worthy stars they became.

Frankly for me, Keifer Sutherland and Billy Wirth were the price of admission and why I still love this movie.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

skylarblue wrote: The Lost Boys: Lets see Keifer Sutherland, Jason Patrick (wasn't this a breakout role for him) and yes it introduced us to the two Corey's (Haim & Feldman), Billy Wirth and Alex Winter (Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure).

Frankly for me, Keifer Sutherland and Billy Wirth were the price of admission and why I still love this movie.
I LOVE this movie. I absolutly adored Kiefer Sutherland in this movie. I was a big fan of the 2 Corries also. I wonder what happened to Alex Winter. I loved the Goonies also. Have we already talked about the Goonies? I feel like we have, but I can't remember because occasionally I talk about the Goonies. Weird.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

We've probably have talked about The Goonies & The Lost Boys before but I think we've talked about everything from songs, to movies, to tv shows, to bands, etc. It's hard to keep it all straight.

The Goonies, was that the movie where they were in a cart at the end going through a mine shaft?

Oaky another movie that just popped into my head Grease. Love It. I tend to like the movies that are musicals for some odd reasond. I also enjoyed Grease 2 but not that many people like it. This movie made me fall in love with Maxwell Caufield but then when he showed up in the movie with Liv Tyler (she worked in a record store, the whole movie took place there and for the life of me I can't remember but it has been mentioned in this thread before) I was like "Oh My" mother nature hasn't been kind to him.

Grease was just an all time fun movie.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

skylarblue wrote: The Goonies, was that the movie where they were in a cart at the end going through a mine shaft?
It's exactly that one...it starred a very young Sean Austin (Sam in LOTR) and Josh Brolin. I must confess The Goonies is one of my favourite adventure movies: I keep seeing it even now I'm 29 :D
I liked also Grease, only the first one though. Needless to say that the soundtrack was amazing.

Has anyone mentioned The Neverending Story? The book is amazing but the movie is very good, too...
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

Everybody,

Because my wife is really pissed off at me I have to make the decision to leave Lex to salvage my marriage.

Everyone has been great!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Awww... Agent 37. We will miss you.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

So sorry to hear that Paul! We'll really miss you. Hope you get things worked out.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

"The Goonies" is my all-time favorite movie! I also loved "The Neverending Story" as a kid... haven't seen it in years, though. I didn't know it was based on a book; I'll have to check that out. "Grease" is my hubby's favorite movie; we have to watch it every time it's on tv, even though we own the DVD!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

37yearoldfan....what a pity! We'll really miss you :cry: Good luck with everything!

BlueStarlight The movie is based on a book by Michael Ende. I htink he's a German author. I must say the book is absolutely amazing, one of those books you can't let go until you've done reading. The original edition is great. Different colours and fonts to distinguish between Bastian's and Atreyu's story, and then they intertwine...and the writing is amazingly good!!! I got hooked by the book when I was 14...I should re-read it :mrgreen:
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Well miss you Agent 37! Hope you get things worked out!

We've mentioned Goonies and Lost Boys, but not really in reference to the actors. I loved and still love Goonies, hubby and I watch it from time to time because it is just a fun adventure movie.

Here are the Goonies today as compared to before

I loved The Lost Boys, I watched this movie so much I had it memorized, I wore out the soundtrack to the movie! Ah, our Lost Boys and our heroes

I enjoyed the Neverending Story, but I feel I should read the book. The only part lacking in the movie was the special effects, even at that time, they were not that wonderful.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!