Gex X--the 30 something thread

pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by pixiealice »

Jenni_elyse- My room was same as yours. You could not see my walls, ceiling or doors thru posters, shirts and buttons!! I spent all my babysitting money on Tiger Beat!! Literally $50-$100 at a time at Rite Aid buying stacks of magazines. I was obsessed. My concert is in October, so maybe my dream will finally come true and I'll marry Jordan, have babies and live in Boston. Oh wait, I already am married and have kids. Shoot. Well, I don't live in Boston! I Luv Jordan 4-eva!! LOL

90210, Melrose Place and the one season of Model's INC.!!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Pixiealice! I hope all your dreams of wedded bliss with Jordan come true. *Sigh* I was laughing out loud whiel reading your post. Thanks so much. Made my head quit pounding for just a second.

I guess I was already too old for NKOTB. Duran Duran was my game. I knew all their full names, birthdates, etc.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

Wow! NKOTB and Duran Duran! Although, my first love was Huey Lewis. *sigh* He was so hot. :lol:
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:Pixiealice! I hope all your dreams of wedded bliss with Jordan come true. *Sigh* I was laughing out loud whiel reading your post. Thanks so much. Made my head quit pounding for just a second.

I guess I was already too old for NKOTB. Duran Duran was my game. I knew all their full names, birthdates, etc.
GNE told me to check out this thread and I still qualify for it, I believe! I was born in January of 1969 in a small Indiana town. I am a former advertising exec. staying home, freelancing and hanging with the kiddies (who are 10 and 6) I have been married to Mr. Blue for almost 13 years (will be October 21st). I was first called the Godmother by Ouisa, who coined the phrase in reference to my very protective nature regarding those I love, including my online BFFs. I don't like it when people mess with my peeps. I mostly hang in the gutter thread and over on the Host Index site. I am one of the original gutter girls, when the thread went from just being the "adult fan" thread to actually the gutter. So much fun!

Oh and GNE, I too loved Duran Duran! I watched the Reflex video a MILLION times and had a huge crush on John Taylor...http://blog.rogersradiointernet.com/lar ... taylor.jpg
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

If there are any Canucks on the thread they might recall The Kids of Degrassi, which begat Degrassi Junior High, which in turn begat Degrassi High, which later begat Degrassi: TNG. I was a HUGE Degrassi fan. I was fortunate enough to catch Snake and Joey on a university tour a few years ago and had my photo taken with them and had them sign a Zit Remedy picture for me. I was in heaven!! (even though they're both bald as cue balls now)

Oh, and Better Off Dead was one of my favourite movies from the 80s.

Geez, i should pull out my diary from 1985-1986 because i would document weekly what my favourite songs, tv shows and movies were. It might be good for a larff!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Loved Degrassi Jr. High and then Degrassi High. I've never heard of the new one.

Hearing you say Huey Lewis reminds me of the fact that I loved the Back to the Future movies, Family Ties, Night Court, Cheers (NORM!), The Cosby Show, and if I was awake enough on a Thursday night I would watch LA Law.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Hera
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hera »

My favorite TV shows were Who's the Boss and Growing Pains. I had huge crush on Kirk Cameron and had my hair done exactly like Alyssa Milano's.

This thread is reminding me of so many things that I had forgotten (or maybe repressed the memories).
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I loved Degrassi. I remember when Spike and Shane conceived Emma. I remember the *egg* episode. I remember when Shane went stupid, Wheel's parents died, and that slutty girl who changed clothes in the bathroom...ooohh Stephanie. I was so excited a few years ago when I stumbled across Degrassi: TNG. I love Spike & Snake and all the kids. Manny and Paige are my faves! I'm a Sean and Spinner fan as well.

Huey Lewis! I had the biggest crush on him too. I was pretty boy crazy; can you tell? "I wanna new drug; one that won't make me sick."

Blue: I was destined to marry Simon John Charles LeBon. I not only watched The Reflex over and over, but I swooned during "Save a Prayer"...which must've been your favorite. John was wearing next to nothing there.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

How could I forget Growing Pains! Yeah, loved Kirk Cameron. Also, Ricky Schroder on Silver Spoons. Anyone remember Jason Batemen on that and Alfonso Ribero (sp?)? There was an episode where Whitney Houston sang "Saving all my love for you" and it was the first time I had ever heard of her.

Oh, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider. Oh my...the memories.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I loved Silver Spoons! I would watch that after school all of the time. Ricky Schroder was so hot! I had a huge crush on him. Whenever I see him in anything now (24, Scrubs), I always remember Silver Spoons. *swoon*

Whenever I saw Alfonso on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, I always thought he would be with Ricky not Will! :lol:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::