Gex X--the 30 something thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by una »

SuperTwin!!! :oops: Right back at ya!

*stands up* My name is Una, also known as Vamp Vixen, and I am a Twilight and Lexicon addict, supporter and enabler and I am proud! :mrgreen:

The DGG's and my fellow lexiconers are fabulous! I love our discussions and I feel that I have learned so much from them and come to know some people very well. It is wonderful to have a place...goodness, I'm having flashbacks of "Cheers." :shock:

:cry: This is the place where everyone knows my name... :D
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

I started to read this thread until I noticed 96 pages... Lord lol I will have to do that another day but I am here joining the Gen-X Coven :lol:
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

WELCOME, ChristinasHeadache to the land of the obsessed, addicted, and enabled lovers of all things Twilight and the time of yesteryear--mostly the 80s! Pull up a bean bag chair, throw on some JiffyPop and dust off your old cassette tapes, VHS (or BETA) movies, your Atari, and hair band posters and join us for some old-skool fun.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Welcome, Christina!! Tell us a little about yourself. We're just a bunch of chicks sittin' around talkin', occasionally a Twi-guy will pop in! We have loads of fun. Glad to add another one to the bunch!

~BlueStarlight
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

*stands slowly, straightens her skirt and raises her chin* I am a nissanmama. I am the Inquisitive VampKitten. I got stuckinthetundra and vampsiren trapped in the Twilight Universe and I'm not sorry about it. I gotten Toyotapapa to read the books along with several elementary grade school teachers. I won't apologize. I spend an unhealthy amount of time on the Lex, what can I say? I live with teenagers. We all have our escapes. Besides, who else can I tell that I was behind a silver Volvo in the McDonald's drive-thru and not get looked at like I have three heads?
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

NiMa you slay me!!!

I have another confession to make. When i see Volvos i want to kick them. I have a serious thing against them, or worse, their drivers. In my experience (at least around here) they are rude, presumptuous and have high expectations of others around them. A lady driving a Volvo ran over my foot once and drove off, waving and smiling at me. I've had a bad taste in my mouth ever since...in fact, i wrote a very angry, spiteful poem about Volvos and their drivers. When i first saw "stupid, shiny Volvo owner" i laughed out loud so hard i think i scared my cat.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima - you should not apologize. We are a healthy support group, we meet not to overcome our addiction but to strength and enhance! :twisted: Plus, I saw a stupid, silver shinny volvo yesterday and the drive had reddish brown hair. I almost died...but he was too old and not attractive enough to be our vampire. I wonder if he is having a midlife crisis and did it so women would swoon.

Oleander, I'm with you. I hate volvos...well except when I oggle at a silver one. A gal passed me on the right at campus and smacked into me when I was turning right into a driveway. She tried to brush it off, she was in a hurry to get to a study group, left her wallet at home and couldn't be bothered. Plus, I was driving my roommate's truck (which was horribly damaged) and her volvo was barely scratched. Yup...not a fan of old volvos!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

BlueStarlight wrote:Welcome, Christina!! Tell us a little about yourself. We're just a bunch of chicks sittin' around talkin', occasionally a Twi-guy will pop in! We have loads of fun. Glad to add another one to the bunch!

~BlueStarlight
I am 33... for now lol... I have 4 kids 2 girls 16 and 12 and 2 boys 7 and 5. My husband is a trucker (after 12 yrs in the Army the last 5 of them as a trucker) and I current live in Colorado. I was born in Tacoma, WA and I am dying to get back there now. My husband is pushing for Portland, OR which I can live with. Tacoma I probably wouldn't go back to but WA I would. I was thinking Olympia maybe. I love coming here and it didn't take long to feel at home with all these people obsessed to the same degree as I am lol. It is pretty awesome! So now I can come here and talk about Edward and not get scolded by my daughter lol. Yay! Ok, that's enough for now lol.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome, Christina!!

We're always excited to have someone new join our lovely thread. There aren't very many of us on this thread, so we end up getting to know each other pretty well. (I'll tell you a secret: I couldn't have hand-picked a better group of people to share a thread with. Shhh).

I'm 38, married, no kids. I'm an Adjunct English Professor. I'm a grammar nazi. I'm also a stickler for the rules, and I have probably "scolded" one or two of my fellow Gen X'ers, but I mean it with love. ;) I started reading when I was 4, and I haven't stopped yet. I loved it so much that's what I studied in college. Not reading, but Literature. I discovered Twilight last Christmas. I discovered the Lex 5 days later when I finished the series. In my head, Twilight & the Lex are one obsession. One feeds the other.

I've pretty much spilled my entire life on this thread, and so have many many others. Do please read the entire thread. Some of it is very sad, but most of it is pretty awesome.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
HP&TL
Settled in Forks

Post by HP&TL »

Well I am a newbi and as you can see my avatar and signature have nothing to do with the book but have the concept of the evil that shadows the book the rulers and such. Just thought I would say hi and see what this is all about. I have been watching for sometime, thought I would join in the arena.
ImageImageImage

Don't mess with the witch.