Gex X--the 30 something thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gex X--the 30 something thread

Post by una »

oleander wrote:yAs for Murder She Wrote, yes, i know the pain of having to sit through endless episodes. Oh, how i don't miss the days of one tv per household. ;)
That show went on so long, I think all of her friends were either killed off or accused of murder. I couldn't for the life of me understand why ANYONE would be friends with her! Too risky! :lol:

Very true, so much nicer having multiple televisions in a house and with Tivo and other cool devices. Skipping commercials and replaying stuff you missed. I can remember watching a show, missing part of it and then waiting forever to catch the rerun so I would know what I missed!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I feel like such an idiot! How on this great, big, spinning planet could I forget Saved By the Bell????????????????? I had SUCH a crush on Zack Morris!!!!

Oleander, I was thinking of that show, Kidd Video, when I posted my last thing about Jem, but I couldn't remember the name... I loved the theme song, too... From Kidd Video, to my radio.waaaaauuuwaaaauu..
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

I've never heard of Kidd Video, but I did use to watch Kids Incorporated with Jennifer Love Hewitt! :lol:

My mom watched Murder, She Wrote EVERY week! When I finally got a TV in my room, I started to watch Lois & Clark because they were on at the same time. I loved Lois & Clark; I miss Lois & Clark.
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Some of you guys are young 30's. I watched Lois and Clark as a married person. Yikes! Fun show.

What about Remington Steele, Riptide, The Fall Guy, Greatest American Hero, V (the alien invasion show)...those were from my youth.

Songs...I also listened to Wings (I can't remember who mentioned that within the last few pages), the BeeGees, Barry Manilow, Xanadu, ABBA....all on big 33 record albums. I always wanted someone to ask me to dance to Chicago's "Your the Inspiration", also love Total Eclipse of the Heart that someone mentioned, Jump by Van Halen, The GoGos, Girls just want to have fun by Cyndi Lauper, pretty much anything from "THE WEDDING SINGER" with Adam Sandler. Jr HS and HS was also GunsNRoses, Bon Jovi, and some other big hair bands. I loved "Sweet Child 'O Mine".
by Laniyeah on photobucket
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

bac wrote:Some of you guys are young 30's. I watched Lois and Clark as a married person. Yikes! Fun show.

What about Remington Steele, Riptide, The Fall Guy, Greatest American Hero, V (the alien invasion show)...those were from my youth.
Lois & Clark came out when I was a sophomore in high school, but I didn't start watching it until my senior year.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Remington Steele, Greatest American Hero, and V! Those were great!!!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

Yeah, I'm looking at some of this stuff and remembering that my younger siblings watched/listened to it. I had older cousins so I tend to remember more of the early 70s stuff because that's what I saw/listened to as a child. It's crazy, though, the stuff I haven't thought about for decades. Ack!! :o
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

We need to do a survey on 30 somethings who have been married for 10 years, have no kids, and have cats. I'm one of them as well. This December will make 10 years, anyway. My husband and I are both 38.

I loved Kidd Video! None of my in-real-life (IRL) friends remember it. You can't forget American Bandstand. That show was around forever.I was in Branson, Mo a couple of weeks ago, and my family & I ate at Vulgar Language Is Ugly Clark's restaurant. On TV's everywhere were old epis of AB. I had the pleasure of watching an epi from 1987. It was awesome! I remembered the hair and clothes, but I'd forgotten the guy clothes and the horrendous dancing. WOW! It was so cool. It would flip between the 87 epi and a 77 epi. The fashions were even funnier!

Someone mentioned A Team....well, I was informed this weekend that A Team the movie be made soon. Also, Magnum PI..starring Tom Selleck.

I had forgotten to mention another one of my favorite 80's shows. I watched it with my parents: St. Elsewhere. I had the biggest crush on David Morse.

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread as well. No teeners!!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:[color=#BF0040Oleander, I was thinking of that show, Kidd Video, when I posted my last thing about Jem, but I couldn't remember the name... I loved the theme song, too... From Kidd Video, to my radio.waaaaauuuwaaaauu..[/color]
Good lord, i'm never going to get the song out of my head now!!!

Did you know that someone has put up some really nasty video clips from Kidd Video on youtube? I was showing them to a friend of mine on the weekend and she had no idea what it was about.

I have to say that i was hurtin' in the fashion area in the 80s. I had three older siblings so i was always being forced to wear their hand-me-downs. By the time i was allowed to buy a Michael Jackson t-shirt they were on sale in bargain bins at Shopper's Drug Mart and when I wore it to school the kids laughed at me. :lol: I would have laughed at me too.

Goodnight Elizabeth mentioned something about married 30-somethings...i'm starting to feel like a minority because i'm not married, never have been and i have a cat. ;) Any other spinsters out there?? ;)

On the topic of spinsters...i think that i'll never get married now that i've been spoiled by Edward...i don't hold much hope in finding a man quite so incredible and anything less would be considered "settling."
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Yeah, I'm a 30-something, will be married for 10 years come January, have no kids, but have a cat and a dog! LOL!

Does anyone remember the 1-cent bubble gum sold at the Convenience stores called Fortune Bubble?? Man, I used to ride my bike up the road to buy that stuff!

I have 3 brothers, so we always watched Saturday night wrestling... I remember The Great Kabuki, Jake the Snake, Ric Flair, the VonErics, and met the Fantastics! Sting was my all-time favorite, ultimate hottie wrestler!!

This has brought back so many memories for me! Thanks, gals.... and if there's a guy out there, too!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Yeah, I'm a 30-something, will be married for 10 years come January, have no kids, but have a cat and a dog! LOL!

I have 3 brothers, so we always watched Saturday night wrestling... I remember The Great Kabuki, Jake the Snake, Ric Flair, the VonErics, and met the Fantastics! Sting was my all-time favorite, ultimate hottie wrestler!!

Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd! :o My bestie, Missy, and I would swoon for hours over the VonErics. My fave was Kerry! I cannot believe someone besides me remembers them. She & I use to buy the wrestling mags like they were Tiger Beat or Bop. My dad watched wrestling all my life, so I recognize every name you mentioned. I loved Sting, too. I'm squeeing. :P I loved Texas wrestling. Cute.

Speaking of cute, who else loved Rob Lowe? I kept an 8 x 10 from Tiger Beat (probably) in a picture frame. I can't believe I admitted that. I love The Go-Go's Head over Heels or Turn to You video...that featured Rob Lowe. Yummm!

Sarah Lynn: how old are you? You must be around 37-39 to remember the VonErics.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!