For XY Discussion Only!!

lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by lightbulb »

I've seen the Twilight movie three times, but only the last time was after reading the book, and I really don't think the movie does the book justice at all. By itself, the movie is okay, as far as movies go, but the whole draw of this kind of movie is for fans of the book, and next to the book, the movie's a pretty big disappointment, at least in my opinion. Of course, since I seem to have an unquenchable thirst for Twilight, I'll probably go see it again as long as it's in theaters (which won't be for much longer). So, while it's not spectacular, I think it did what it was trying to do as a fan-based movie. (I think the Harry Potter movies were a lot better and could stand alone without having read the books.)

I think this thread is slowly but surely growing, and that's great. I think most guys just haven't discovered it yet, because I know they're out there. I just got really lucky with the timing to find it here right when it started.

P.S. Could someone help me change the little title on the right to say "I'm a proud Twilight Guy" instead of "Settled in Forks", or does that have to do with the number of posts?

P.P.S. SeniorGimp.. How can you POSSIBLY sleep at night knowing you don't have a sound card? I would do everything in power to get you a card, if not for the fact that I have no idea who or where you are.

Okay.. to be fair, I'm a sound engineer by trade, so I'm a little biased.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

lightbulb wrote:

P.S. Could someone help me change the little title on the right to say "I'm a proud Twilight Guy" instead of "Settled in Forks", or does that have to do with the number of posts?
That has to be done by the mods, but hopefully if we all are active on this board and others, we'll all get something similar ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

Something similar...? It seems the people that have it are the same. Last thing we need is having the handful of us being split into sects of wolves and vampires ;) . Its a cool effect though, I really think the moderators have done a fabulous job on these boards. Other forums, not just Twilight based ones of course, get overrun. This one is remarkably peaceful, and enjoyable.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Onin wrote:Something similar...? It seems the people that have it are the same. Last thing we need is having the handful of us being split into sects of wolves and vampires ;) . Its a cool effect though, I really think the moderators have done a fabulous job on these boards. Other forums, not just Twilight based ones of course, get overrun. This one is remarkably peaceful, and enjoyable.
100% agree
ImageImageImageImage
Calicoxx
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Calicoxx »

Personally, I despised the movie. I guess in my eyes it focused too much on Robert's face than the story itself.
Peace, love, always and forever.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Calicoxx wrote:Personally, I despised the movie. I guess in my eyes it focused too much on Robert's face than the story itself.
I agree, but you have to think at it from Summit's PoV. They are making a teen romance movie, and have a good looking guy as an actor. So, they are going to make that the selling point. However, this is what worries me about NM because they have already said they want more RP......so who knows....
ImageImageImageImage
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

I feel dumb not knowing what you mean by RP, but I was happy to read that the new director, Chris Weitz, was going to try to stay as true to the book as he could. That sounds great, but I don't know how far he's gonna get with so little time, and the fact that they JUST decided Taylor Lautner would be Jacob. There going to have their work cut out for them to make him grow two feet throughout the course of the movie, and do it cheaply and quickly. I'd rather they postpone the release date and make a better movie than the faster, crappier alternative. I can wait, and I'm pretty sure most fans would feel the same.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

For those of you who were inquiring about the twilight guy forum rank might want to PM Bronze Haired Girl. I have a feeling she'll be most helpful :D
ImageImageImageImage
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

lightbulb wrote:I feel dumb not knowing what you mean by RP, but I was happy to read that the new director, Chris Weitz, was going to try to stay as true to the book as he could. That sounds great, but I don't know how far he's gonna get with so little time, and the fact that they JUST decided Taylor Lautner would be Jacob. There going to have their work cut out for them to make him grow two feet throughout the course of the movie, and do it cheaply and quickly. I'd rather they postpone the release date and make a better movie than the faster, crappier alternative. I can wait, and I'm pretty sure most fans would feel the same.
Sorry in advance for double post, but not too many people are on at 2am

RP= Rob Pattinson

I'm not worried about Chris Weitz, he is a wonderful director. I felt sorry for him in Golden Compass because I know that movie would come out WAY WAY watered down because of how much it had to deal with religious arguments and such. Chris Weitz wanted to stay true to the book, but the studio butchered the script I heard. So, I think he'll do a wonderful job with NM. A lot of girls were worrying because they don't think a guy can direct a teenage love story....but most of these girls go gaga over the notebook (which was written and directed by men). Given, the notebook doesn't deal with teenage romance, but still.
ImageImageImageImage
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Oh, that's really cool. I'm glad he has a good reputation, but I'm also sad to hear that inevitable has happened and the studio is rearing it's ugly head and potentially ruining the movie. As far as Robert Pattinson, wouldn't New Moon have a lot less of him, especially the whole first half and more? He tried to leave, and we're supposed to be convinced he won't come back (I don't think anyone was), so the only parts he'd play in the movie would be in the end. Unless...

Oh crap. You know what I bet they'll do? The studio is gonna cut up the script so the whole major section of the book that is Edward-less will be stripped down, and in the process, they'll cut out a lot of Jacob's part! Crap! It's so important to the book, but I bet that's why the studio thinks Taylor can play the part! Man, I hope I'm wrong. Someone convince me I'm wrong.