For XY Discussion Only!!

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by gamb1t »

Aye, I'm more than aware of that. But, someone has to stir up some interesting things for them to read :). And yes, I love everyone on this forum too, I wouldn't intentionally try to make anyone TOO mad ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

Nonsense... maybe we should infuriate them more often ;) . This board really is great, but back to Edward and the crew- Do any of us harbor any real hatred to the guys or girls in the book? I mean, someone you despise? And why?
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Goldeneye »

I personally think its impossible to Hate Carlisle hes the Patron saint of Vampires lol I wonder if Carlisle and his crew are the first vamps ever to try "vegetarian" vampirism. About the movie I feel like my fav part was when the entire family was together the kitchen scene and the baseball scene I feel like all the actors interacted extremely well and cant wait to see them itneract more in the coming movies. As far as liking the movies Ive learned since I read Harry Potter to never expect movies to do the book justice and take it for what it is a movie. In regards to all the cars in twilight let me see awesome job there isnt one car in the book I wouldn't want to own haha I always wondered what Esme drives and if she doesnt have her own car what would she drive. My guess is prob something like a Range Rover Mid sized, elegant, but powerful.
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Hey guys - breaking my own rule to pop in and tell you that I've gone through and made sure that everyone currently posting in this thread has the TwiGuy rank assigned to them. If someone new pops in, tell them to contact me in a PM and I will fix their rank.

The XX is now leaving the room...
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by adamcore »

Onin wrote:Nonsense... maybe we should infuriate them more often ;) . This board really is great, but back to Edward and the crew- Do any of us harbor any real hatred to the guys or girls in the book? I mean, someone you despise? And why?
I don't hate any of the characters. Stephenie Meyer said (can't remember whether it was on her website or in an interview i read??) that possibly because of her faith, her books were always going to be filled with light and love rather than dark. This really rings true when you consider the 'villains' of the stories. Almost all are written to be in some way likable or attractive to the reader - far from being pure evil, I think... just my perception - though my sisters all despised Aro...

In saying that, I really disliked Jane. Hah.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

I don't mean to back track, but I've been out all day and haven't had a chance to read the forum. I just wanted to say how much I love this forum because of the opportunity it presents us. Where else have any of us been able to discuss this book without worrying about a single girl in the conversation? I've never had that chance, and I know that this group will discuss some interesting things and have some interesting conclusions that simply wouldn't have happened otherwise.

And SeniorGimp, I loved your rant. It feels like everyone hear is getting more comfortable and stirring things up, and I like it! This is our turf. This is Man Land, where the Y chromosome reigns supreme. (That may sound sexist, but it's not intended that way. It's only a joke, and don't want anyone getting offended when they take it as anything more than that) I say lets get stir crazy! If you have anything to say that would get you slapped in the real world, this is the place to say it! Bros over Hoes! Carpe Diem! SIEZE THE FREAKIN' DAY!!

Whoo.... sugar rush. I might have gotten a bit carried away there. And now I have the sudden urge to watch Brave Heart. :D

Back to business... I agree that you really can't hate Carlisle. He's so wise and experienced and too much of a father figure to have any ill feelings about. Even if you didn't agree with something he did, you would still know that it had to be done and that he would never do anything to hurt another person. He's just too awesome.

Geez.. Maybe I'm a Carlisle fan. .... Who knew?

Oh. I had another comment on Mr. Gimp's rant: You mentioned how so many girls are only here to swoon over Edward. Well take a look at what stage in life most of these girls are in. They're mostly in high school (right...?) and they're in the middle of all the drama that goes with it. So every one of them probably has some experience, good or bad, with a guy in her life. So when they read Twilight, Edward is the infamous perfect guy. We've all heard of him: -Girl Voice- ... I just want a guy who listens to me. I just want a guy who thinks I'm beautiful for who I am... who listens... who braids my hair and trades baking tips with me...

Well maybe not that last one, but you see my point. Edward is either that elusive perfect guy that the girls are looking for, or he's that wonderfully perfect guy that they've found. I think I'll spare you from my theories (at least for now, as long as the thread doesn't get too boring) on how crazy this is. (Long story short, most guys are that guy. That's all I can say without getting annoyed and ranting.)

So, sorry for the long post. I had to play ketchup (Hehe. homophones are fun!) after not being here all day. Hope you guys weren't too bored, and lets keep stirring things up! (I have got to stop with the pep talks. No more caffeine for me..)
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

:lol: lightbulb
that's funny!
As far as what you said about every girl looking for that Edward type guy, I agree that we all have the potential to be that guy, but a lot of girls are too busy looking for the stereotype of what that's supposed to ge, they sometimes ignore someone who could be their perfect match... But, to be fair, guys are equally as guilty of that, so I guess it's kind of even.

I also see what you're saying about the majority of the girls on here being the high school heart throbbish type, or whatever, so it shouldn't surprise me that the "team" boards are less substantial than I thought they'd be...
Anyway, I think we've definitely got a good thread here, and I'm glad with how quick this thread caught on (at first I was afraid there wouldn't be enough guys to actually have a good thread...)
Anyway, I'm going to go check out my other three primary threads, and see who's bashing who today... lol
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Onin
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Onin »

Nice two posts. I think we should have a variant of the "boys are confusing" thread, or something. I kind of want to post what I have in vent and ask for advice, but that would really bog down this area.

I'll be relatively brief in both of the questions for the night, I don't have much more time to be on, my internet has been fritzy.

I can't see anyway to dislike Carlisle. He pours out resolve, compassion, and understanding. Even Jacob liked him. Yet there are Carlisle haters...

I hated the trackers, all of them... They just seem so prime-evil to me for some reason. Being so driven to hunt one person to death. Demitri, and James.
I'd love to have some feedback on my poems and rants. Check the blog on http://www.myspace.com/akaitachi if you have the time! I want some advice and critique, don't worry about offending me.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Haha thanks, Gimpy! (Is it alright if I call you that? I feel friendly with you guys, and that calls for nicknames)
I hadn't even thought of the fact that guys are just as guilty of ignoring what's in front of them as girls are. That gives me something to ponder (he says as he throws that onto the giant, pulsating heap of other ponderables going on in his head).

I didn't know there was a "boys are confusing" thread. Girls are just as confusing, so I don't see why we can't discuss it here, as long as that doesn't become the sole focus. This is a Twilight forum, after all, but that shouldn't stop us from speaking about whatever's on our mind.

I agree about Carlisle. Since I haven't really had time to peruse the other threads yet, could someone inform me as to what the Carlisle haters could POSSibly be using to back up there claims? I'm flabbergasted at the thought...

And the trackers are extremely important to the Twilight world. First, they offer a juxtaposition to the Cullens that makes them seem even more noble and wonderful in comparison to the savageness of the trackers. At the same time, and this is pretty ironic now that I think about it, they are also there to remind us that the Cullens are still vampires, and that savageness is still a part of who they are. It helps to scare us a little and gives more of and understanding of why Edward is so conflicted with Bella. Without the example these savage trackers provide, it's harder to keep from brushing aside the fact that... well they could kill you by accident, among other things. It makes it real(er). Trackers are like the yang to the Cullens yin (or however that goes), and the story gains a lot of believability with them there. It makes it feel more like a world, instead just a story about a family. Now I'm just repeating myself. Now I just keep saying things over and over in different ways....(I'm real sorry if y'all actually stuck around to read this. It's the ADD, I swear. I start making jokes that may or may not be funny, and it could get out of hand. So...my bad.)

Not that I like them... though James is pretty BA. I don't like the idea of a person hunting and killing another person, not only for sport but for pleasure, but at the same time, the pure guy side of me is just sitting there thinking, "Hehe... sweet." I got really mad at Laurent in New Moon when he was about to kill Bella. It's not like he pledged his allegiance to the Cullens, but still...

Let me know if my constant long-posting bugs you guys. I can try to shorten it up if you're all tired of reading all my crap.
Goldeneye
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Goldeneye »

haha Not at all! I find it intriguing and gives me something to read late at night lols And I tottally Agree about Laurent I was like...................WHAT?!!!

I was wondering something the other day. The cullens supposedly just came back to town before twilight right or at least a year before...well how long do they stay away? I mean it would have to be at least 150 years to make sure any remnant people wouldnt remember them at the very least 100.

Another thing I was wondering say the twilight universe continues not neccesarily in the book but theoretically would more members be added to the cullen clan? Or would Bella always be the newest