For XY Discussion Only!!

Constantine
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by Constantine »

Goldeneye wrote:sorry to any ladies that this offends but when buying my groceries all i see is RP and the one thing i can think of is "COMB YOUR HAIR" every premier or nightclub he is snapped at he looks like he just did some serious coke apparently Bella isnt his only brand of heroine. Great Actor Great Talent but I think the fame may get to him.
I too was like dude wtf? you got this fame and stuff, time to get your Vulgar Language is Ugly together..
Then i thought maybe its just like a setup for him, so that when he wants to look
good, he does look good. If you get what i mean, when he wants to impress, he
"dazzles" :D
i know you will heal, but i never wanna see you hurt.
~my fan art
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

nice to meet you too, ard.
-shaking hands-
Anyway, as far as RP... I absolutely fail to see anything of what I envisioned Edward to be in Robert Pattinson, and I think he was horrible choice for that role. Likewise, Kristen Stewart is hardly Bella, she's just not interesting enough...
Now I haven't seen the movies, but I've seen hundreds of previews, and just from what I saw there, it made me cringe at how dead wrong they got their parts...
Maybe I should see the whole thing before I start talking bad about it, but I just can't imagine liking it, it's way too abstract and imaginative of a story, and I think it should have been left in the imagination, rather than raped and perverted for hollywood fat cats, and the corporate machine.
Sorry, way off track there, I just don't think they did the story justice by the cinematic interpretation, nor could they have...
but maybe that's just me...
shrug :?:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

RP's "release" of choice is alcohol, or so I've heard. And RP has currently been hiding out in London, or the U.S. there have been some rather confusing reports. So my guess is that he is hiding out, just laying low for a while.
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

RP didn't do too horrible as Edward, I will admit that. However, I find KS hardly Bella. Maybe human Bella, but I doubt she'll be able to pull off the sexy vampire Bella.
ImageImageImageImage
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by adamcore »

I was actually aware of Rob Pattinson's casting before I even read Twilight, so I obviously couldn't help but picture him as "my" Edward from the very first chapter. His was the only face I knew, though, so the other characters I was able to purely imagine.

In saying that, obviously there is some bias involved, but I really do think he is a perfect Edward. Watching the film there were moments where I thought he was actually too "beautiful", but then, he is described as just that in the books.. repeatedly..
gamb1t wrote:RP didn't do too horrible as Edward, I will admit that. However, I find KS hardly Bella. Maybe human Bella, but I doubt she'll be able to pull off the sexy vampire Bella.
Did you see her in "Into the Wild" with Emile Hirsch? She looked rather vampyric. It's the make-up I suppose - she looks very different done up.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

You know my reference a few days ago to an alternate ending to BD, where Jacob dies a hero's death at the end?
I've decided to write it, entirely from Jacob's POV, and have written a preface so far, a little insight into his extended stay in wolf form, and the difficulties that time presented him...
Feedback requested:

PREFACE

For the longest time, there was only the sound. The distant, stinging ring of the wind whipping past my face. The sound grew to a deafening roar as I ran faster, paws pumping up plumes of loose snow, muscles straining for even more speed.
I could feel their presence in the back of my mind, even here, somewhere in the Canadian wilderness; could hear their vague, wordless pleas. Wordless only because I'd long since stopped trying to listen.
I couldn't say how long I'd been running, Only that it was safer this way, for me. It was easier to disregard the thoughts that plagued and haunted me, that still left a dull ache in the hollow that was my heart. Somewhere in the part of my mind that was still human, I knew this, acknowledged that it was from this very ache that I was running.
The passage of time is different through the eyes of the wolf.. we measure it only in the base needs of survival, the gnawing bite of hunger indicating that it had been a few days since my last meal, the trembling of my tired muscles, screaming at me that it was time to rest.
I scented the air briefly, immediately recognizing my quarry. I pushed all of the various trivial concerns of human life out of my head, giving myself fully over to the hunt.
To anyone watching my progress, the change in purpose would have been almost impossible to notice, nothing more than a lifting of my nose, and a slight change in direction. But I was on the trail, and I'd never failed at a hunt, when I was fully engaged in it.
I spotted her up ahead, a somewhat diminuitive doe with large startled eyes. She knew something was not right, could surely sense that I was getting close, but didn't flinch away at all, just kept looking worriedly into the bushes close by.
The poor creature never had a chance. I could see the recognition flash through her eyes a moment before I landed on top of her, instantly snapping her neck with my teeth. There was no reason for her to suffer needlessly.
I stayed there until I was satisfied, hunching protectively over my kill, darting looks around with every mawful. It wasn't until the stabbing hunger had receded that I was able to pull my thoughts away from my primal animal instincts.
When I did, I nearly cried out in despair.
What I hadn't had the presence of mind to ponder earlier now seemed painfully obvious. The startled eyes, the fear that was not at all for her own well being, the savage truth that was the circle of life.
I turned and ran, not needing the confirmation of actually seeing him. I'm not sure I would have survived that. I sprinted back the way I'd come, hurtling dead trees with barely a thought, running away from the face of the baby deer that I had just condemned to death, leaving him motherless in this harshest of winters.
Somehow, running no longer seemed like it was enough.

Just a rough draft, and not by any means completed, but what do you guys think? I know it's not even close to SM style, but trying to emulate that would be pretty **cking ridiculous, not to mention impossible, so I made due with my own style...
Tell me whether it's worth continuing, please!
thank you for your time
Ard Rhys69
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ard Rhys69 »

I really liked that Gimp. You should totally go to www.fanfiction.net, create an account, and post that. I wrote a fan fic about Victoria *points to Signature*
Is officially wearing foolinthemoon's "Hero Button"
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4736612/1/Victorias_Hunt
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

thanks ard. will do
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Hey guys. I've been busy for a while, and even now I need to get back to something, but I wanted to comment on Gimpy's preface before I forgot about it.

I definitely felt the tortured spirit of Jacob as I was reading. I was reminded of the other time when Jacob was running, and it felt different, but not worse, in your style, which wasn't all that far from Stephanie's (Maybe this isn't the best time to do a literary analysis. I'm sofa king tired.)

But yeah. I liked it. Keep writing. And thanks for that spirited post a few days ago after whatsername tryed to post in here. I wasn't around for the first TwiGuy thread, but I could see it coming if we let one get through. I like this thread too much to let that happen.

And I also think Bobby needs to cut his hair. It's almost embarrassing when I see him in all the pictures. He looks miserable. I've seen shots from photo shoots, and I get the impression the directors are like "OK, here's a happy shot -they laugh and giggle and carry on-... Cut!.... aaaaand here's the emo shot! Look like your puppy died this morning! Come on people DEAD PUPPIES!!" Am I supposed to think... well my puppy just died, so I think I'll go buy a $200 shirt!

I can barely afford to put gas in my car. Nuts to that.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

thanks lb... i'll keep you posted on my story, as it continues to progress...
thank you guys (god I love not having to add a qualification to that)
till next time