For XY Discussion Only!!

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: For XY Discussion Only!!

Post by gamb1t »

lightbulb wrote:Oh, that's really cool. I'm glad he has a good reputation, but I'm also sad to hear that inevitable has happened and the studio is rearing it's ugly head and potentially ruining the movie. As far as Robert Pattinson, wouldn't New Moon have a lot less of him, especially the whole first half and more? He tried to leave, and we're supposed to be convinced he won't come back (I don't think anyone was), so the only parts he'd play in the movie would be in the end. Unless...

Oh crap. You know what I bet they'll do? The studio is gonna cut up the script so the whole major section of the book that is Edward-less will be stripped down, and in the process, they'll cut out a lot of Jacob's part! Crap! It's so important to the book, but I bet that's why the studio thinks Taylor can play the part! Man, I hope I'm wrong. Someone convince me I'm wrong.
Sadly, you're pretty much right on with what I'm thinking lol. He should hardly be in the movie at all. I mean, I could see them extending the Volturri scene and things to put him in it more; but, I have a feeling they'll cut out a lot of the Jacob stuff, or make it out to where it seems Edward really is talking to Bella or something. Hopefully, Chris will step up and give the studio the finger or something and make them do what he wants...lol.
ImageImageImageImage
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Didn't realize the conversation would change direction to the movies...
crap, I guess I'd better see the first, and read about the second, cause I guess I'm a little behind? :|
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

SenorGimp wrote:Didn't realize the conversation would change direction to the movies...
crap, I guess I'd better see the first, and read about the second, cause I guess I'm a little behind? :|
You're fine. We'll keep things movie-spoiler free until you post again lol.
ImageImageImageImage
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Well at least we have ONE person making the movie that we know is fighting for what's right. That's something, I guess, but I think it'll take more than that to take down the bureaucrats. -sigh- Another one bites the dust...
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by adamcore »

Hello Guys!

Have just joined. Stumbled upon this thread and have just now read all of your posts so will oblige with my own answers. I posted an intro in the "newbie" area about 10 mins ago, if you're interested..

Fav Female character?
Since the Cullens were first introduced in Twilight, I was drawn to Rosalie. Surely she wasn't the one-dimensional, shallow ice queen character she instantly appeared to be, etc... Having finished the series now, she pretty much is that character, but I still enjoyed hypothesizing about her history and reasons for being the way that she was, etc, so I have always liked the character.

Edward v Jacob
Both are beautiful and will be loved for very different reasons... I feel more connected to Edward. He is just so much more... interesting.

How I got into the books?
I have 3 sisters. Sister#1 (who lives in Australia) read the books at the start of last year and was raving about them over the phone to me way back then. I didn't really absorb much of what she said, and wasn't actually that interested in the concept of Vampire boy and Human girl falling in love. Fast forward to around October last year when Sister#2 caved into the hype and bought the series. She also loved the books and so I was persuaded. I bought the books for myself, read them all very quickly by my standards (2 weeks), and recently loaned them to Sister#3 who finished Breaking Dawn today.
Truly a domino effect...

Off topic: Is anybody else highly amused by all the "GothScene.com" advertising on the boards? Heheheh
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

They figure everyone here must like vampires, so naturally...

I'm also amused that this thread picks up at one in the morning so much. Am I just in a weird time zone or what? I thought Texas was pretty normal, but I don't know where you guys are from. It could be lunch time right now for you guys as far as I know.
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by adamcore »

lightbulb wrote:They figure everyone here must like vampires, so naturally...

I'm also amused that this thread picks up at one in the morning so much. Am I just in a weird time zone or what? I thought Texas was pretty normal, but I don't know where you guys are from. It could be lunch time right now for you guys as far as I know.
I'm a tad farther south than Texas.... New Zealand.
It's 9pm Friday here, so I can speak for myself only.. heh.
lightbulb
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by lightbulb »

Oh, that's awesome! I forgot that the Twilight craze was so international. Glad to have you with us, adamcore!

But now I really, really need sleep. G'night.
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by adamcore »

It's a small world :)

Sleep tight bud. I better go find something to do before in a moment of weakness I navigate back to the email my friend sent me, with the rip-off chapters of Midnight Sun so conveniently attached...

Must... not... do it.
AshleyC
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by AshleyC »

Im in the UK so our times are a bit bummer when it comes to this forum!
Male, England. : )

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1&ref=name

Feel Free To Add Meee : )