What are you reading

Re: What are you reading

Postby bluemaria » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I just read Artemis Fowl and really loved it. It is kind of an adolecent boy book but it is so much fun. The tone is like a young Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. :mrgreen:
bluemaria
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Postby keds723 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:04 am

xXBeSafeXx wrote:I had that probem with Eragon, too. I never could finish it. It was a gift though, and I plan on trying again, soon, since there was a better review above me. :D

I actually liked Eragon and now I've moved on to reading Eldest. I like the book, but it's not a fast read. Chris Paolini was only 19 when it was published, which to me is unbelievable!

For all Twilight saga readers, I recommend "The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger if you haven't read it already. Right now I'm reading "The Thirteenth Tale" good read. Love it!
keds723

Postby *Wanderer* » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:10 am

keds723 wrote:
xXBeSafeXx wrote:I had that probem with Eragon, too. I never could finish it. It was a gift though, and I plan on trying again, soon, since there was a better review above me. :D

I actually liked Eragon and now I've moved on to reading Eldest. I like the book, but it's not a fast read. Chris Paolini was only 19 when it was published, which to me is unbelievable!

Man, I feel bad about posting here, because it's already reached 100 pages, but Eragon deserves another comment.

I absolutely love that series. I might be obsessed. It's filled with so much action and emotion, the way it's written is amazing, and I am in love with the characters. I've already read the first three, and I can't wait until the fourth book of the Inheritance Cycle comes out. And yes, it's incredible that Paolini was only a teen when it was published!

*Wanderer*
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Postby keds723 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am

*Wanderer* wrote:I absolutely love that series. I might be obsessed. It's filled with so much action and emotion, the way it's written is amazing, and I am in love with the characters. I've already read the first three, and I can't wait until the fourth book of the Inheritance Cycle comes out. And yes, it's incredible that Paolini was only a teen when it was published!

No, I loved the first book, and I found other books in between that and Eldest, but I love the series as well. I was so excited for Brisingr and then I was sad, but NOW there's a fourth one. Don't give anything away to me ;)
keds723

Postby UnfreakinBelievable » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 am

MRK wrote:
bite_me wrote:I've read A Great and Terrible Beauty! It's really good

I liked a Great and Terrible Beauty too

Just got done with 'The Giver' good but has an abrupt ending...

unfreakinbelievable love your banner!

Thank you!! You're too sweet! :D

I enjoyed The Giver too but I agree, it does have an abrupt ending. Did you know there are two companion books "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger"? I enjoyed The Giver the most out of all of them, but Messenger is the book that brings the characters from the first and second books together -- it's kind of cool. You do have to be patient with Gathering Blue, though, it's a little slow -- but I liked the ending.

Oh, and I just started reading Great and Terrible Beauty yesterday and it's getting REALLY good -- I'm about halfway done, and I'm really liking it.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Postby twilightbelle<3 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 pm

SOMEONE PM A MOD
ImageImage
E<3B
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Postby una » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:22 pm

I have PM'd Nena for a new thread.

Currently I am reading the Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I just finished (while I'm waiting for the next DH book at the library) Huntress by L.J. Smith which is the seventh book in the Nightworld series.

I really enjoyed the first three books in the Dragonrider series by Paolini. I haven't yet gotten to Brisinger but it is on my to-read stack!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden

Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Previous

Return to The Cullen Basement