What are you reading

Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Re: What are you reading

Post by Waffle of Doom »

I'm reading the Fearless series. I'm on book 31or32 of 35. I asked a friend of mine for a book to borrow because I'd been picking lame books lately, so I go to her house, she pulls out a huge box with all 35 books in it and says, "Here, that should keep you busy for a while." and sent me home with them all, lol.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

House of Night series.
Ok I know it looks lame but it is INTENSE!!!!!!!!!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

dazzlingdynamite wrote:The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

^^ I love it! It is so sad but I never tire of it. One of my favourite books ever, cannot wait for the film version! It's one of the only books that makes me teary.
I love the lovely bones, very sad book!
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
chr0matica
Settled in Forks

Post by chr0matica »

Everyone loves those House Of Night books... it's like they're trying to compensate for the end of the Twilight vampire universe by reading another series with a similar concept. I couldn't really get into them, but the again, that's just me.

I'm a big classic books fan - White Fang, Call of the Wild, Catcher in the Rye, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, etc. My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - PHENOMENAL :3 I bought Don Quixote but haven't read much of it yet. Lord of the Rings was good also... it was written in a funny way but the story was excellent. And of course... TWILIGHT <3

Any other good classics I should read? I'm taking suggestions.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

^^^^ you know i love the House of night series. and i have read so many other vampire books...like...vampire academy, black dagger brotherhood, jessicas guide to dating the dark side, and tons more....but i dont feel like any of the books i read...vampire or not...i read because i want to compensate for twilight. i dont really compare books to each other...if i read a book i read it becuase it looks good. ...but thats just my opinion?!!

well...i just read the scarlet letter fro school..i ddint like it...and now i am writing my essay
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

chr0matica, I couldn't get into the House of Night series either, I've even read all the books that are out, just because my friend at work keeps leaving them in my locker -- so I feel like I've given them a fair chance; [SPOILER!!] it just REALLY bothered me that the main character started out as kind of self-righteous and preachy about her not being a slut, and then she turns out to be the ONE character in the series who is sneaking around, seeing several different guys at once (and losing her virginity with one of them). She even tells herself again and again what an idiot she is being, and then she just keeps doing it . . . :roll:

But, aside from that big issue I had with the books, the story was interesting at times . . . (although I thought the most recent book took a bit of a cheesy turn). Honestly, I'm not sure I will finish it . . . even if my friend does keep putting them in my locker. :| Oh, but I should say, this friend of mine told me before I read these books that she thought they were better than Twilight . . . and so I had to give them a chance . . . I think I got my hopes up for a fantastic series and then I was a bit let down . . .

On another note, I just read Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman and I really liked it. If you like Jane Austen, you may enjoy it. One of the main characters is completely obsessed with Pride and Prejudice and convinces her best friend to sneak into a dance at an all-boys school to find their Mr Darcy and Bingley. It's very cute -- it took me a while to figure out what I really thought about it, turns out it was worth the read.
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I started The Hunger Games this weekend and finished a few hours ago. It's so good! It's an extremly fast read, which is good but I'm also sad to have to say goodbye to Katiness and Peeta.
On the website it does say that the next books only being released january 2010? I hope the september date is correct though, but since the official website says january?

I'm pondering what to read next. I have recieved my books from 'Pretty Little Liars' except for book 1. So that sucks. I can choose between the chronicles, but i'd like to read them in one following and know I'll quit when I recieve book 1. Then there are the Jane Austens but that's to deep. The kite runner the same.
Leaves me with the 4th book of the travelling pants or the tales of beetle the bard?
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I'm rereading The Host. Can you believe it? I can't. I've never been able to reread a book before. Ever.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Lieziewiezie wrote:I started The Hunger Games this weekend and finished a few hours ago. It's so good! It's an extremly fast read, which is good but I'm also sad to have to say goodbye to Katiness and Peeta.
On the website it does say that the next books only being released january 2010? I hope the september date is correct though, but since the official website says january?

I'm pondering what to read next. I have recieved my books from 'Pretty Little Liars' except for book 1. So that sucks. I can choose between the chronicles, but i'd like to read them in one following and know I'll quit when I recieve book 1. Then there are the Jane Austens but that's to deep. The kite runner the same.
Leaves me with the 4th book of the travelling pants or the tales of beetle the bard?
Yeah I seen on the website it says January 09. Lets hope for our sanity it's September! I brought pretty little liars the other day can't wait to read it! Damn I have sooo much to read. I finished the hunger games last night which was amazing and just started reading the last gossip girl book from the first series an hour ago then after that I plan on reading the gossip girl prequel...
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Well i've finished all of my It girl books - need to get the new one now.
Yesterday i bought a book by someone called Alex Duval (im not sure whether they are male or female) it had two novels in one edition. The first one was called Bloodlust, it's a vampire book (strangely set in Malibu) and its actually from a guy's PoV i read the first book pretty quickly and im at least halfway through the second - Initiation apparently there is another three books in this "Vampire Beach" series and i was wondering if anyone has heard of them?
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)