What are you reading

UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: What are you reading

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Do any of you guys have a good public library close to your homes??

If I bought every book that I read I'd be completely broke -- my kids would be wearing newspapers on their feet instead of shoes :)

I have an AWESOME library just a few minutes from my house, I take my kids every week -- it's been a nice way to get out of the house on these snowy days. But don't get me wrong, I definitely end up buying a few books as well . . . the ones that I want to read and re-read . . . like all the Twilight books . . . . and The Host.

I actually was just at the library today and picked up 3 books: A Great and Terrible Beauty, The Westing Game, and Austenland. I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty first (someone on here recommended it -- thanks!) and so far it's pretty interesting . . . only a few chapters into it though.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I've read A Great and Terrible Beauty! It's really good, and it has a sequel called Rebel Angels. I'm reading Dracula at the moment, (if I'm so obsessed with a vampire book I have to read the most famous vampire book ever) and I'm about half-way through. I'm shocked. I only started three days ago, and usually it takes me about a month to read a classic (but I read other stuff very quickly)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Dark hunter series.

Just Finished Devil May Cry.

Dark-Hunter is Love.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

but adult.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
readmymind
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by readmymind »

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugnides
Midnight Sun: She was dreaming of me. And it wasn't even a nightmare. She wanted me stay with her, there in the dream.--Edward Cullen
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

I'm currently reading 'No Place Like Home' by Mary Higgins Clark. She's the Queen of Suspense. Has anyone ever read her?

Allie
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
xoxolilerica18
Settled in Forks

Post by xoxolilerica18 »

I'm currently not reading any books. I really enjoyed reading the Twilight Saga. If any one has suggestions of books for me to read please tell me. I'm interested in all types of books but I'm not that crazy for non-fiction. So if you thought that any books besides the Twilight Saga was amazing please tell me so I can read them. I also was wondering if Host was a good book by Stephenie Meyer. If anyone has read it did you like it?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"

"What a stupid lamb"

"What a sick, masochistic lion"
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

Lynzeee wrote: Dark-Hunter is Love.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

but adult.
hahaha. lmao...

I'm still on Lover Enshrined(Phury's book). I had to slow down my reading because of school :(
But I'm almost done!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Do any of you guys have a good public library close to your homes??

If I bought every book that I read I'd be completely broke -- my kids would be wearing newspapers on their feet instead of shoes :)

I have an AWESOME library just a few minutes from my house, I take my kids every week -- it's been a nice way to get out of the house on these snowy days. But don't get me wrong, I definitely end up buying a few books as well . . . the ones that I want to read and re-read . . . like all the Twilight books . . . . and The Host.

I actually was just at the library today and picked up 3 books: A Great and Terrible Beauty, The Westing Game, and Austenland. I'm reading A Great and Terrible Beauty first (someone on here recommended it -- thanks!) and so far it's pretty interesting . . . only a few chapters into it though.
I have a decent library in town. I went today and got Wuthering Heights, because the copy I have is in the middle of a huge collection of Emile Bronte novels.

I read the Westing Game in 6th grade..if I remember, it was pretty good.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

bite_me wrote:I've read A Great and Terrible Beauty! It's really good
I liked a Great and Terrible Beauty too

Just got done with 'The Giver' good but has an abrupt ending...

unfreakinbelievable love your banner!
ariake76
Wandering Through Town

Post by ariake76 »

I have been reading Eragon which was recommended to me by the same friend who recommended the Twilight books, but I'm finding it really bleah.... thunky writing and it's just very slow so far (I'm about 60 pages in). Has anyone else read it, and if so, what did you think.... did it get better?

I never read fantasy fiction but I thought I never read vampire fiction either, so I decided I would read a nice classic fantasy story with elves and dragons and whatnot. Can anyone recommend one I might like more than Eragon?
Yes, my husband's last two names really are Edward Coleman. But his first name is Mike.