Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by oleander »

Thanks guys! I've sent off some of my story to a published writer friend and mentor of mine who is being really critical but helpful at the same time. I was scared to share it with her because she has been a role model of mine and if she hated it, it would devastate me. She's picked through some glaring beginner's mistakes, made some great suggestions and loves my characters (which is way more important to me!). She's been extremely encouraging, and i'm glad i took that step forward. (BTW, her name is Lesley Crewe and her books are AWESOME!!!)

Ideal bedroom?
-Big sleigh bed (mine is mattresses on a futon frame...i'm so ghetto!)
-Comfy mattress with a non-feather featherbed on top (i'm allergic to feathers)
-Soft duvet with equally soft sheets
-A million pillows
-matching bureau, tables, bookcases
-big comfy couch or recliner for reading
-big TV (i need to fall asleep to the tv)
-a closet (i currently don't have one)
-a Brother in the aforementioned bed
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, I went out and bought Dark Lover because listening to everyone (in several different threads) talk about it has really made me want to read the series :)

Ideal bedroom:
I agree with soo many of the descriptions given already...
Big (king sized) sleigh bed
Walk in closet (the bigger the better...lol...I love those closets that are like rooms of their own)
HUGE bathroom (space is always good) and there needs to be a jacuzzi tub and a large shower...
I'd like really long windows, from floor to ceiling (maybe 2 or 3 of them) with heavy drapes when I want to keep light out...
TV/DVD player/CD player
and really plush carpet! (I have a weird love for carpet you can sink your toes into! lol)
oh, and a really oversized and comfortable love seat...

I could go on and on...

Thank you Naureen!!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nima congratulations on achieving your bedroom. That's awesome!

Oleander, I can't wait to be able to walk into a store and point at your book and say, "I know her!" Keep us posted because I know I would love to pre-order your book!

I finished Angel's Blood and the Archangel's bedroom is what you all want. Everything is huge because it "has to accommodate wings." :twisted: But truly, I would love a romantic-esque bedroom. I would love either a sleigh bed or four poster bed, love seat at the end, all the furniture would match and either be pine or a cherry wood finish. A large chest of drawers with mirror above and/or wardrobe. Window seat with pillows, perfect for curling up and reading. The bathroom would have a fabulous claw foot soaking tub, large shower with multiple heads and bench seating. Nice counters with sink and small make-up area with cushioned stool. Curtains and chair rail with lovely crown molding in bedroom and bathroom (and the walk in closet which would have a center sitting area for getting ready and/or laying out clothes). High ceilings (preferably vaulted), no wallpaper but beautifully painted in greens or blues, bright white paint on the ceiling and moldings. Or I could design it and draw up plans but it would be SO depressing. I'll never be able to build it.

FanMNM, enjoy Wrath (Dark Lover). He is one heck of a male. I will tell you that I didn't love him until after I read Rhage's book and reread his book. I'm sure those brothers will entice and excite you! :twisted:

ETA: Nima, I just LOVE the picture of FS and MG groveling! That was priceless!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

YAY I found this new thread.
I had been too busy reading BDB and you all have been too busy writing. Went all the way to a new thread. Wonder if there is another thread longer then this one?
Ideal Bedroom- Probably will never happen, not anytime soon atleast, so I dont even have one in mind. The ones I've read from you all sound lovely though.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Ok, so I guess I got what I wished for!! :)

Know how I was mentioning that it's always sooo warm here and I was jealous of all the snow...well, we probably won't be getting any snow but tomorrow we are supposed to get down to the 20's!!! That's like record breaking cold for here....

All of you who mentally sent me cold air, it worked! :) lol Now I only wish I was getting to miss a day of school for it, but I can't get everything I guess...lol

Thank you Naureen!!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Fan, I am glad you are getting some of our cold air. Sorry things don't get cancelled and closed for that :( .

Addicted, nice to see you *bac waves*.

Ok, if everyone doesn't mind, I have a QOTD (Question of the day):
Have you ever had feelings like this person below has expressed?
Today, for the first time I had doubts...for no reason at all. I have maintained a long distance relationship with my boyfriend of a year and a half. I love him, and I would do anything for him. However, it's hard, and sometimes I find myself thinking "this is so hard" or "wouldn't it be easier." I hate my fickle mind for tricking me into thinking horrible things like this. There's someone in my class who I connected on a level instantly, but my mind was only thinking "I have a boyfriend." For some reason, when I meet someone like this, I think...well I can't possibly be just friends with a person like this. Is it because it's something new? I haven't had that "first meet" in so long that it was just...invigorating. It felt reassuring. I love my boyfriend, so why am I feeling this way?
Here is a Paranormal Stud of the Day (you can choose which ever stud you want it to be)
PSD
by Laniyeah on photobucket
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

bac wrote:Have you ever had feelings like this person below has expressed?
Today, for the first time I had doubts...for no reason at all. I have maintained a long distance relationship with my boyfriend of a year and a half. I love him, and I would do anything for him. However, it's hard, and sometimes I find myself thinking "this is so hard" or "wouldn't it be easier." I hate my fickle mind for tricking me into thinking horrible things like this. There's someone in my class who I connected on a level instantly, but my mind was only thinking "I have a boyfriend." For some reason, when I meet someone like this, I think...well I can't possibly be just friends with a person like this. Is it because it's something new? I haven't had that "first meet" in so long that it was just...invigorating. It felt reassuring. I love my boyfriend, so why am I feeling this way?
I think I have experienced this but I never thought of it in this manner. Hubby and I met in college. He graduated a year and half before me. There were guys I would meet at sorority/fraternity events and through school and stuff. During that year and a half, hubby and I got engaged, before that I was wearing a promise ring. When I met my hubby I never understood what he saw in me. I thought all his compliments, sweet words and actions were just because I was his girlfriend not because he loved me deeply or I was that attractive. So when someone else would notice me I would wonder if maybe Hubby was right, maybe I'm not as undesirable as I thought. With my major and such I never really had a lot of time on my hands but I would miss him terribly. Luckily, he would visit me almost every weekend since he was only three hours away. It was difficult when I couldn't see him, when things would happen during the week and I needed him there...to hold me and comfort me and he couldn't. But in my heart I knew he was it for me so although it was a high price to pay at the time, I was willing to pay for it, but it still didn't make it ANY easier but it gave me a goal. I knew it wouldn't last forever and that it was worth it.

It is part of human nature to doubt, unfortunately. Like the more "animal part" of ourselves (which is typically small...but there) which wants instant gratification, control is a foreign and difficult concept. When we hurt, we want it to go instantly away - but that's not always the best solution. However I had friends in long distance relationships that didn't work and my heart broke for them. It was just too difficult for them and the price of it wasn't worth what little time they had together. Most of them moved on. My good friend S and her boyfriend got engaged out of high school. She stayed in town for college and he moved across the US for work. After a year they called everything off and split - it was just too hard. They ran into each other five years later. Both single, both very much in love with each other. They are now married with a beautiful little boy. When it is meant to be, it is meant to be; no matter the path it takes.

Goodness, I"ll stop here before I ramble on.

Good job with the PSD Bac - VERY nice...makes me wish for summer! :twisted: I'm wondering, think he could be Nick? You've done a GREAT job with topic and PSD today!

Happy Birthday Bewitched!!!!
Last edited by una on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I have to admit that I've never had a long distance relationship so I can't relate very much. Since the day we met, my husand and I have only spent, at most, a week away from one another and we were both miserable the entire time! (We're very much attached, I'm afraid...lol) I do, however, have a friend who is in the same exact situation that person described. She's attending school in a state far away from her boyfriend. They were together for about 3 years while living in the same place and then she moved away for graduate school...

She's a very independent person so it wasn't hard for her to be away from him, but she was not expecting the distance to make her feelings fade for her boyfriend. When she came to visit him at Thanksgiving, she had a difficult time because she realized she liked being on her own, she liked meeting new people and not being "tied" to him (her words). She too got excited over the "newness" factor of meeting someone and although she hasn't dated anyone else, hasn't cheated on her boyfriend, she very much feels guilty about her feelings. She doesn't want this to be a phase though, and throw away a now almost 4 yr relationship...she does love her boyfriend very much.

My advice to her was to end things with her boyfriend...he's a wonderful person and I know it'll crush him but if her feelings aren't there and she's tempted to try new things, then she needs to be honest and allow him to do the same. If they are meant to be, then as una said about the couple she knows...they may find each other later and reconnect. But I think it's unfair to keep someone "tied" to you because you are afraid of losing them even though your head isn't really in the relationship anymore. Unless u are willing to put the effort in and stick with it, then let it go. It's not fair to the other person to stay while you really want to be some place else...

Does that sound harsh? I don't mean for it to. I think it's a really difficult place to be! I can't imagine and I don't envy anyone going through it. Also, each relationship is different and unique, so only the two of you can really know what will work for you...

Thank you Naureen!!
VampLover
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampLover »

Bac thank you for that PSD!!! I am fanning myself!!! I am thinking he would make a good JM.
As long as I was on my way to Hell - I might as well enjoy the journey.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Happy Birthday Bewitched !!!!! Enjoy !!!!

bac - nice job on the PSD. I could so see him as Blay or JM.

QOTD: I've only been in a couple of long distance relationships and they didn't work out for me. It seems that each boyfriend had trust issues (while I never game them any reason not to trust me) which I think stemmed from me being friends with alot of guys.

I think that "first meet" is always exciting because there is something "new" feeling and it gives that feeling of excitement and may be kind of refreshing to "connect" with someone on a different level.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!