Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by nissanmama »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLEANDER!!

Bewitched...I have boys. Without knowing the Kleenex story, I totally get it. It's amazing what kids use to camoflauge the evidence of their "creativity."

Half way through Branded By Fire....mmmmmm....
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Happy Birthday Oleander

BSL I had that book too. I use to call it my Bible. I forgot to add congrats to you and Una.

BAC: loved the articles. I really liked #9 on the list. I always want to feel small and thin. Well actually thin would be good since I'm already small height wise.

Ok the kleenex story.

It was about 5 or 6 years ago when I was working at Home Depot. I think Jared was 13 and Kody was 9, Mariah was 7. This was a brand new HD and we were having our very Christmas party. Now this was the first job where my Christmas party didn't just consist of a bunch of people getting drunk in a bar. They were actually going to feed us. So we, being the insane parents we are, decided to let our oldest babysit while we went out. I mean really, free food.

Thank God we actually got to eat before we received the first of many more phone calls over the years of Jared and Kody screaming at each other over the phone. Usually thats Kody on the cordless running through the house screaming that Jared is trying to kill him while Jared is attached to the wall in the kitchen yelling at Kody to "Come here so I can kill you."

Being resigned parents, we decided to throw the white flag and go home. After arriving I, been the mean one, took charge and started telling (ok I yelled) at them about how this was my first Christmas party and night out in like forever and blah, blah, blah. That's when I noticed the kleenex box (brand new and freshly opened) duc taped to the bedroom door. What in the heck (yeah, I used a different word) is that, I asked and of course the whole room got silent. Then Jared pipes up that they thought it was a great idea. They could just grab a kleenex when they needed one and they wouldn't lose the box. Notice how they like each other when it's time for trouble. I pretty sure it's because some will get even if they break rank.

At that point, I'm just shaking my head and trying to clean up the mess they made. They did tear apart the house too. Finally I got tired of arguing why they should take the box down and I walked over and pulled the box off. Underneath was a hole you could put your hand through. Everyone just stopped. Again. I was so shocked I just looked at them and stupidly asked why? "Well, Jared wouldn't let me in." Kody stated matter of factly. Basically Jared was pestering Kody and was running away from him and locked the bedroom door. Kody then took a bar stool to it. He's telling me now as I write this that he was aiming for the doorknob. It looks easier in the movies and he was too short for his foot to reach that high back then. Thank goodness for small mircles.

At that point I had to give them one. I told them next time someone knocked a hole in a door, wall, etc., a poster would work better and wouldn't bring it to my attention for quite a while. Their logic would confound Spock.

So yeah, not a moment of boredom around here. Kody is the one we figure will grow up to be a comedian or an actor. He just tells it like it is and is pretty quck on the draw. He told the teacher once we were so poor we didn't have two nickles to rub together. I'm pretty sure it was the same year the 2nd grade teacher called us and asked why our son didn't know how to use a telephone. Well, because in preschool they taught them about 911 and he kept dialing it. The dispatch told me if it happened one more time that I was going to be brought up on charges for making false calls. So we had to take the phone away. I would have loved to have more kids but Kody was the one who told me I would have been in the nut house if I had. I think he was in 3rd grade that year. :roll:

Did I ever mention that I love Erma Bombeck?
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Happy Birthday Oleander!
Sorry that I nearly missed it, but I was drawing at a chalkfest all day.
Bluestarlight and Una, I am so happy for both of you. I was just like BSL, I have Polycistic ovaries, and we were able to have one child. We have adopted 5 more, but it is such a tremendous blessing to think that you will never have one and then become pregnant. I am overjoyed for you both.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Happy Birthday Oleander!!!!

Super Twin!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

Bewitched, LOVE THE KLEENEX STORY!

Your kids are clever. Kody sounds like quite the charmer. Kids make life fun.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Bewitched
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bewitched »

Bac: Oh yeah, Kody is the charmer. He's all blond hair, blue eyes and dimples. Probably could sell ice to an eskimo. He starts high school this fall. I think he's going to leave brokn hearts everywhere.

Hope your all having a good weekend. I've really got to get started on Branded by Fire. I picked up the Dark Hunter manga the other day. I was thinking it was more like a graphic novel and read forward but I'll deal.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Thanks everyone for your congratulations. I'm sure as you all know through experience, I have up days and down days. Some days it looks like I'm 5 months along, and others I don't even "feel" like I'm pregnant. Emotions run high some days, and others I could give a heck...lol. I do feel different as I'm nearing the end of my first trimester; I'm not as tired, and I've gotten some energy back; mood swings aren't as bad either.

I've stopped reading ahead in "What to Expect." I devoured it when I first got it home; everything was all new, and I wanted to know what was going to happen. I was at 8 weeks, but in the 5th month chapter. Truthfully, the birth scares the heck out of me. I've witnessed one live birth, one of my nephews; I've seen tons of episodes of "A Baby Story" on TLC. I know, you can read and see all you want, but until you experience it, you just don't really know. So, I'm just staying along in the book to where I currently am; that eases my mind. If something comes up, then I look it up...it has been a great resource.

Openhome~ For me to say that I was shocked after reading that test would be the biggest understatement of the century. We had accepted that we just wouldn't have a baby of our own. It took a few weeks for the shock to wear off, even after we heard the heartbeat!

Bewitched~ Woo, that kleenex box story just cracks me up!!! I remember my oldest brother putting his fist through a wall when we were kids- he got into some huge trouble for that! Yes, my oldest brother was the culprit every time; he was so mean to me and my younger brother. My next oldest brother stayed out of all the mess, as usual, because he didn't want to get into trouble.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

BlueStarlight- that was a very inspiring story! Hmm..maybe there is something about this thread, but I too was diagnosed with polycistic ovaries...when I was in 7th grade. I had to go on the pill then and had been on it ever since. I got pregnant while on it! (Yes, it can happen...I'm living proof). The doctors figure my body just built up an immunity or something. I don't know. But I had no clue I was pregnant. My cycle, even on the pill, is VERY irregular and I was super stressed with work during that time so I thought nothing of being late. I lost 10 pounds and felt great. I was not hungry at all. But I was so tired I was falling asleep every time I even sat down for a second. We had friends over to our apartment and I fell asleep on the couch in the middle of our conversation! LOL. I was 4 months along before we knew!! By the way, I was terrified of the birth! I'm a wimpy and I hate pain. The only thing that helped me was that I knew I could get an epidural. Yea, well, my Lamaze teacher showed us a video of a woman getting an epidural and in the middle of the class I started sobbing (I was 8 months along at this point) and I yelled at my husband that I changed my mind and I didn't want to do this anymore! LOL. So embarassing!!

Bewitched- that story was hilarious. My husband's best friend, who is a grown man, got mad at his nosy neighbor who always bangs on the wall of their townhouse to tell him to turn down his TV and so one night, we were over eating dinner and had music playing in the background the neighbor pounded. My husband's BF got so mad he pounded back and ended up putting a hole thru the wall! It was hilarous. Apparently even grown men do things like that :)

Finished Branded by Fire last night! YUM!!! It was fantastic.

Thank you Naureen!!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I know I haven't been around here much lately, I've been wrapped up in some things that eat up a lot of my time.

I also finished reading Branded by Fire last night and it was by and far my favourite in the series. It made me cry...I was camping out at my cottage and I was in my tent reading (to avoid the mosquitoes) and I cried! I think I felt more of an emotional connection in this book than I did with the others. I was afraid I wouldn't like Mercy, but I did, and Riley...sigh...

Anyway, thanks so much for the birthday wishes!!! It was a happy one. :)
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I finished Branded yesterday too and have already reread most of it. Well, the naughty bits anyway! I really connected with Mercy after not liking her as much in other books. I didn't get her until this book and I think she's probably the most like me.

Erma Bombeck rocks.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry