Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by twilightmom »

Happy Birthday Spooky! MEOW! BAC and UNA - nice gifts, thanks for sharing!

Bewitched - so jealous... We hit 60 MAYBE today. This spring has been awful - cool and cloudy. :(
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Happy Birthday Spookybell!

I just have to say...my kids and I made it to my cousin's house in Boston today (on our way to Maine) and I am sooo not used to the cold in June! LOL I was shocked at how cold it was :) Coming from South FL, it's a huge change. And it rained all the way thru Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, MD, NY, CT, NJ, and RI. Ugh! Seriously hoping it doesn't rain on us in Maine!

P.S. Stayed the night last night in a town called Carlisle...thought it was hilarious :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

fanMNM wrote:I just have to say...my kids and I made it to my cousin's house in Boston today (on our way to Maine) and I am sooo not used to the cold in June! LOL I was shocked at how cold it was :) Coming from South FL, it's a huge change. And it rained all the way thru Virginia, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, MD, NY, CT, NJ, and RI. Ugh! Seriously hoping it doesn't rain on us in Maine!
WELCOME to New England, Fan! I understand what you are saying, as I listen to the COLD rain fall just a few minutes north of where you are tonight. This spring has been miserable! We leave for Michigan in just over a week and I hear their weather isn't much better. BOO-HOO... This isn't normal for this time of year... Don't let that fool you! Enjoy your vacation up here in the Northeast!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Bewitched

Post by Bewitched »

The weather has been cfrazy lately. I hear on one of the morning shows the other day that seattle has had 29 days of shunshine. :o And the east coast is getting tons of rain. I guess the Cullens will have to move east.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Yep, here in Wisconsin, it has remained cold until just this week. Lots of clouds and only a little rain (I hate that combination!)
My poor garden is staying small and non-flowery, I think that the vegetables just gave up and decided the dirt was a better place to stay. Argh, I can't stand putting in that much work for so little show. At least some of my thousand bulbs are starting to show life! I was so hoping for global warming. :x
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I feel so special.

Openhome, I am not sure if we met.... I took a lengthy hiatus, but thanks!!!!!!!! Nice to meet
you!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LadyDi

Post by LadyDi »

Ditto to the birthday girl (spookybell, best wishes my dear!)
Welcome to the "new people", from someone who hasn't shown their face on here in ages. Shame on me! I popped into the gutter to find out why I wasn't getting any notifications anymore. I usually only come on when I get the email notice.
The weather is still not summer weather in my region. I'm sure in a month or so, I'll be complaining about the heat.
In a few weeks, I think I'll try to fit in my fifth re-read of the whole Twilight series (I know, many of you are secretly whispering "hmph! only 5? not much of a fan!" but usually I don't re-read at all, so that is a big deal for me.) Anything different upon re-reading post movie?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
LadyDi

Post by LadyDi »

bac wrote:Openhome- I am a bit shy when it comes to paranormal romance. And, I loved the Southern Vampire series/Sookie Stackhouse books. There is some baking, but it isn't every second and there is definitely interesting story line that keeps you hooked. From those that have read the books and seen the show I have heard that the show is nothing like the books. I really enjoyed the books and would recommend them to anyone who doesn't mind a few sex scenes and likes quirking characters.

I have free HBO for some reason tonight and I turned it to TrueBlood for a minute to see and I didn't recognize any of the characters and I turned it back to basketball. Now I'm not even watching that.
bac, thanks for this information. After some of you recommended Sookie, I borrowed the books from a friend and absolutely gorged myself on them. I liked them so much that I've started to buy my own copies. Hubby even went and bought me the latest one, even though it's in hardcover (Dead and Gone - PM me if you've read it and the rest already, because I'm dying to talk with someone about all the developments.) Hubby was going to buy me the True Blood series, but if it's as different as you say it is, I'll pass and just stick with my books. (I know, from talking to a colleague, that a favoured character in the TV series is dead early on in the books.)
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Man, I wish I had some of the cooler temps you guys are talking about. It's 10:30 in the morning here in my part of Texas, and it's already 84*! The high for today will be in the upper 90s, with the heat index around 100*. So nasty!! At least I plan to go to the pool today! :D