Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Gutter Guys & Gals-- Vampires Behaving Badly: The Discussion

Post by oleander »

Happy Belated Birthday SomethingBlue! The cake looks fantastic!

How bad could Nessie be? Hmm...like any child she'll want to flex some of her maternally-inherited independence while her father will surely be hovering, trying to ensure she's safe which will probably drive her crazy, thus the potential for a serious rebellious phase.

Now if we're going to head down to the gutter on this, I daresay that by being around Rose and Emmett for any extended period of time, Renesmee will potentially "learn" some things via osmosis and may give her some "ideas" to try out with Jacob.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I'm gone for 4 days, and we get a new thread- woot!!!

Happy belated birthday, Blue!! I was out of town on my anniversary trip, so I missed it. That cake looks so scrumptious!!! I hope you had an awesome day!

As for the QOTD, what was my first romance novel... That would be "Lawless" (oh, I hope that's right) by Nora Roberts. A co-worker lent me hers; that was 6 years ago. She also lent me NR's the Irish Trilogy, which has become my favorite. I started reading NR's books, and loved them. I then joined the Harlequin book club; I couldn't keep up, so I ended up cancelling my subscription...twice. Everything seemed to be the same old, same old. I still like to read NR's books, though. Thanks to my GGs, I've entered the world of paranormal romance. It is quite different, and I'm finding that I like it! I finally read BDB book 1, and am itching to read the rest!! BTW- NR has a vampire trilogy; I believe they came out in '07; have any of you read them???
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

LadyDi wrote: have your kids ever behaved super-badly that you've wanted the earth to swallow you (or them) whole?
I have to say, "No." However, I know that there have been times that my son has not listened and defied me (even at his young age), so much that I've cried and ran to my room and locked the door so my kids couldn't come in. I needed some down time from them and I couldn't get them to go to their rooms, so I went to mine! I'm sure that there will be someday that I'll be more than mortified by their actions!

Misfit: I posted for the same reason! :lol:
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

I didn't answer about the Romance Novels because I've never really read any, or I thought not but then I remembered the one my friend got for me. Basically it is one of those that you do online or order online and you get your name put in as the Female role, and then pick out the guys name so say if you liked A particular Movie guy you could put his name in it and they would print out the book with that info for you to have and star in your own Romantic lead. I probably am not making any sense am I, but at any rate that was something a friend got for me in the hopes I would start reading them but aside from that I can't say that I've read anything like that.

PS Happy Belated B-Day SomethingBlue
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Blue: I'm glad you had such a fantastic birthday! You deserve it.

Oleander: That's a great question; however, my brain is fogged right now. :(

School starts back on Tuesday and my syllabi aren't 100% complete yet. Looks like I will be stuck at my PC all day tomorrow.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

Oh, I want to answer the romance novel question. I think once, many years ago, I tried to read a Danielle Steel novel and just couldn't make it through it. I also read the Clan of the Cavebear books by Jean Auel, were those romance? I was a huge Stephen King fan and read him pretty exclusively for long time when I was younger, delving into some other reads along the way. Then I went through random fiction, loving The Shipping News, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Crimson Petal and The White, Harry Potter (how's that for random lit reading?) Then Twilight. But really, the vampirotica reading and new love of romance reading began in the fall of '07, when SSVD told me to read Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series. Then I found JR Ward, either through Teak, or Athena, or the fact that she was quoted on the front of Adrian's books....and the rest is history! Where would I be today without those Brothers, I can hardly imagine!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Misfit wrote:I am posting a message for the simple reason I need to track it in my "View Your Posts" section. Is that bad? .
Not only is it not bad... Welcome to my world! I need me lex reminders! I love them because it's like a place holder also. Funny thing is, I have had a lot going on and I am scared to see how many posts I've missed. i hate getting behind.

New Year's Resolution for the Lex
1. Set a good example for my fellow Lex friends and newbie Lexers.
2. Do not swear.
3. keep up on posts
4. keep up on birthdays (I don't know how you all do it.)
5. FOLLOW RULES
6. post the correct size banner if I ever change mine
7. always edit... do not double post (I'm good at this one)
8. Work very hard to remember not to post a PM
9. Work almost as hard as #8 at not posting one liners.
10. Love my Friemily (an easy one)

Love the new title!

Happy b-lated birthday somethingblue! I wish someone would make me a cake like that!!!

Nessie is an angel. Really. She never ever did anything bad.

However... I just read something very disturbing. Courtney Love (from Hole) and Kurt Cobain's daughter Francis Bean has the hots for Rob Pattinson and is after him. I saw this on Perez Hiltons website and I agree with Perez... RUN ROB RUN!!!! Thank goodness he prefer's older women. Who in their right mind would want to date anything realted to Courtney Love? Francis could be fantastic... but I say RUN!

so... now you have to go here:
In the gutter for a reason

can I say HOLY CROW! and I'm not talking about Francis anymore. Scroll down.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Spooncha
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Spooncha »

HOLY CROW is right! Let's hear it for evolutionary regression!! Anyone else want to be the sponge?

New thread! Vampires Behaving Badly? I should HOPE so!
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
-The Tick

http://www.myspace.com/ichamama
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Wow, thanks for the link. I'm still finding the one with the snake disturbing and hot at the same time.

So you'll understand our psd and pgd and a combo!

It's Monday - a holiday for most but not all. Yes, folks, I'm at work. Who else is working today? Hubby is home, working for government has its privileges.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Holy mother of all things good that was an interesting group of pics. Spooncha I agree about the sponge comment. So when did he do those poses? Movies or just magazine stuff? Fortunately I had a scheduled day off today then its back to the grinding stone tomorrow. Oh well at least the kids will be back in school so no pranking, or not until later in the evening.