Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

Well, actually im allergic to anything hairy, but i love cats (and dogs), so i dont really care. If you take a pet you build up a sort of resistance for it. Ive did that before with a bunny and a dog.
But i have to say, for some years ive been taking an allergiepil for my eczema and it also helps with my allergies for hairy stuff. So my own cats dont bother me at all anymore, ive got 3 now.

It seem to be a bad week for my parents aswell. One of their friends had to be operated in the hospital and normally would have been out within a day, she had to stay for a week. Another friend fell with her bike and came to in the ambulance. Her skull was cracked and she has blood behind her eyes. Doesnt sound good.
My mom has an earinfection on both ears. And my dad fell at work while he was taking a step back to photograph a crimescene(haha how CSI), and he has lill ruptures in his ankle bands/liggaments(???). Ofcourse he was being stupid and just went to work the next day, so its all swollen now and he is on sickleave. :roll:
*shakes her head* what a week.

Its been so quiet today. Greebo, the female, always sleeps on the couch and crawls on you lap, but doesnt reall make much noise. Odin sleeps a lot aswell, although he sometimes get these werid 'urges' and then he makes the stupidest highnote noises a male cat can make and jumps around playing with a straw. But Loki, well, he is a wallclimber(literally), he trips on the stairwell every day, and uses our house and furniture as if its the game prince of persia. Hes naughty everyday, but hes also very very very adorable and loves to cuddle and purr in your lap(or on your head, or anywhere he can get a hold of). Most of the time he tries to crawl into me, while he tries to stuff his head into my nose. hahah. But i love the noise he makes. And his brother and him are always playing a lot of mischievous games. And now...nothing. So very quiet. Even Odin came on my lap, out of the blue today. He almost never does that, i really think he misses his brother, we both do. Sidney is having a hard time aswell. He was thinking about his old cat he had to put down years ago, because he couldnt afford the operation of 1200 euro she needed. Thats why he is checking out insurances for cats, he doesnt want to go through that again. I dont think i can either. Thank gawd its ''only'' 280 euros now.

Ive just got a textmessage from the collegue that will work on monday instead of me, wishing my cat well, so sweet of her. :)

I hope ill be able to sleep tonight. Last night i was thinking how i was going to make my peacock costume and how many yards of pinsripe fabric i was gonna order to make an outfit that popped into my head. And todqay, my cat almost died. Thats just so weird. Well, at least i dont have to think about the fabric now, we ll be broke this month. That bath wont be here for another month either. Oh well, as long as Loki will be healthy, i dont mind, i would do anything for him. I neve rthought id say this but...i cant wait till its monday. :)

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Still *hugs* to Janny and her cats

I have a new laptop. Well, new and new... I never had one before. So now I own a tiny 10" ASUS Eee PC 1000H and i love it, now I'll be able to write when I travel.

I'll check up on you guys closer later, I have stuff I need to do now. (shoot, past 9PM already, where did the evening go? Oh, that's right... FB...)
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
EddieC
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EddieC »

No New Thread? Ick

anyways, Eddie went on a disney run yesterday, he played his old favorites, and it was awesome, I've seen these movies hundreds of times, but still, they're different once you know WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! :D

Youtube Link of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoPtz0F2Ck

Beauty and the Beast, I still think it's one of the most amazing song in Disney history.

BONUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtXNNAs9u0M

You can catch lines from different movies, it's pretty good... and VERY GIRLY... *shudders*
All about Flash Mobs
... bit of a Geek
... Ultimate happy
... and a hopeless romantic
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

OK so I just got back from an Outlet Mall that is really only and half mile away from my house. I was on a mission to find this COACH purse that I have been wanting forever and my sister told me that she thought they had them. So I was thrilled to find out that they still had the one that I wanted. I got it for a really great deal (considering how expensive they normally are) Plus, I got a pretty decent tax return from the government this year. And I figured I need it because I am injured, LOL. OK I am just justifying my extravagance. Anyway, I don’t know if any of you are purse lovers like I am and if you even like or have heard of COACH. Not sure about the popularity of it in other countries, but it is pretty big here.

We even have Purse parties were these people with purse businesses come to your house with purse knockoffs that look extremely similar to the real thing. Such as Prada, Gucci, Coach, Channel and more. But, they are slightly illegal. I guess there is some big lawsuit going on right now for copyright infringement. But, that still doesn’t stop me, because I don’t host the parties I just go to them.

Ok enough about the purses already, sorry if I bored any of you. I am just a purse and shoe lover and can’t contain my excitement.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Hi all! :D
Like the native-americans do the rain dance, I'm doing the job dance for Kim and Paulinha! ;) That oughta work! :lol:

Ninna! Nena PM'd because I... a.. I'm a naughty fin... *hides behind a tree trunk, blushing* I...um.. It's not my fault.. Sonia dared me! *climbs the tree all the way up* Maybe Nena read all three PM's and mine was the last.. and she decided to kill three little birdies with one stone and just PM me back..um.. maybe I should try to forward it to you..
PS. I love your new sig! ♥

Jasmine: I'm sorry about your cat too. You're having an awful week. *hugsie* Remember: It is always darkest before dawn! Maybe you'll be extra lucky next week! =)

I had a fairly good day today. I haven't had nausea at all after I threw up in the procedure. 8-) Maybe it's a sign I should actually try to puke when I have the nausea kicking me down and my reflexes prevent me from vomitting.. Um.. yeah.. discusting..Sorry.. Change of subject!

Sonia! I've got great news for you! :D 27 isn't old! It's actually youthful! ;) That's what they say in my bank anyway. They wanted to change my account type to 'Youth-package' because they think it suits me the best. So the actual account is free to me until I turn 28. THEN I'm no longer Youthful.. *insert panic-face here*

Why we were in the bank.. to grow our depth.. As if we didn't have enough yet! *snarls* But it's all because of the damn windows. We did some comparison between prices and came to conclusion we better take another loan for that than take the payment plan the window companies have in mind.. But this cloud has a silverlining too: The change of windows is going to better our living situations and lower our heating expences. And the city likes this kind of renovating so they will give us a little support for it. AND when we get the windows put in place by the men from the window company; we'll get 60% of their sallary back as tax refunds. Oh, gotta do some paperwork to make it all happen.. *deep sigh* Why do they all love the paperwork?

Other than the bank business; I had a pretty lazy day today. I could have cleaned but I wasn't in the mood.. And the boys were acting relatively nice so I had time to sit back and surf around while watching TV.. It was too cold to go out again.. I think tomorrow I'll be doing some fitness inside some time before noon. Maybe then I'll get an energy burst and clean the whole damn house.. So that I can be lazy all weekend with a good concious for a change... *whistle* Ok, I'll stop being so damn lazy next week. I promise! =) I feel a baking inspiration coming. :P I'm gonna do some chocolate cake and muffins and buns and what ever I can think of. Yummy! Oh, and I'll make some pies! Then I can go visit my uncle with the excuse of having a pie for him. :lol: Get to see my cousins. I have cousins living in this town (where I've lived almost 8 years already) and I don't really know them that well.. Maybe it's about time. Two of them girls would be just the right age for babysitting! ;D Buahahahahahahahaaa! Nice hidden agenda..

Eddie! I always thought of Beauty and the Beast as my favorite Disney movie! =) Thanks for the links! Made my heart melt. I haven't seen the movie in ages. And that was the first time I saw even parts of it in english. I've always seen the finnish dubbed version, which isn't bad. Actually probably the best findub ever. =) Aladdin is my second favorite Disney movie. Neither has been seen by my kids. I think I'm gonna have to find them on DVD's that has both english and finnish dubbing.
Last edited by CappuGirl on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulinhaBrasil

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

Jasmine - *hug* very tight *hug*, it will pass. He will survive this and it will all pass. Don’t focus on the limitation of money but on the idea that I could be worse, and it isn’t. Your mother in law helped this time and god forbids, if there ever be a next time, you and your hubby will be prepared and in far better financial conditions. There is nothing better to do than fight harder and grow with this experience, so you get stronger and better armed in the future.

ihadanEdwardRush - *hugs* to you too!!!

Loosing pets, or better yet, loosing part of the family is a terrible thing. I had a sweet poodle, Loopy, and he was the most amazing dog ever, he died at the age of 15, heart failure. He was my kid, and I loved him very much.

Cappu – I take all the rain you can get me!!!! It’s getting hotter and hotter over here!!! Carnaval is on its way and I foresee a very quiet week coming!!! *happy dance* :D
My city usually gets completely empty cos we don’t host Carnaval here, but all the little historic towns around us do it!!! Resulting in the most quiet week of the year. ;)

Dazz - I went to the COACH website! OMG those are pretty bags!!!! I have a soft spot for Kipling and Fendi… hahaha You’re not the one with the purse thing around here. About the copies… hehe, there is a “mall” here called Oiapoque, you can find ANYTHING over there. *devious smile* :twisted:
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Hey guys! I guess I am finally giving in and posting... I'm really too lazy to go back all 10 pages or so, so no hard feelings please as I sped read and forgot much.

Jasmine- I'm glad to hear that Loki should be all right. I'll be thinking of the lil fellow this weekend. My pets have always been a part of my family so I know how emotional it can be to go through all this. You know you always have our support :D I'm sorry to hear about the countless other injuries that have been occurring all around you... please be careful this next week until all that bad luck goes away! *hugs*

Tabs- I posted on FB as well, but I'm so glad to hear you're all right. That must have been very scary for you. You know how to find me if you ever need to talk *hugs*

Ninna- Your new banner is HOT :shock: *drools*

Maria- Anytime you get in one of those baking moods, feel free to send some stuff my way ;) Are you feeling a little better now since the procedure?? I hope they get all your problems figured out so you can stop all this poor suffering... breaks my heart *hugs*

Cody- I'll be thinking of you and know I'm here for you if you need to talk about anything when you get back on a computer *hugs*

Megan- Ooh I'm a purse & shoe girl too... maybe an accessories kinda girl in general... or just the shopping kind of girl :lol: I'd love to see the one you got! I've never owned a "real" bag, only knock offs (shhh)

Ugh I am exhausted. I made it to Ohio today and checked into my hotel, which is nice but I am feeling very much in the middle of NOWHERE. I think I will be spending the night with some True Blood and fan fics hehe Big hugs and much love to all!!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

thanx all, it means a lot to me. My mother didnt really understand, she just kept saying, how much money it was gonna cost. Yeah, as if she didnt pay huge amounts of money when our dog was getting strokes in her last year.

Anyway ive got a big migraine now, so my heas a lill stuffed.

@paulinha, i know i know, but i also know where we came from. When i met sid, he had some financial shoot , most of them because of his ex, and well, he even lost his house and almost all of stuff (which got stolen or broken and such). He had a big debt and well, he was even officially homeless for a while. I am very proud to say that we payed every debt he had all on our own, while we also had our own lill appartment which costed a lot of money aswell. It took us a big 3 years to pay it all, but we are totally debt free now. I think its been that way for 2 years now. Sid still kept his job, although he had to give almost all of his salary to the debts, and he could have just gotten social security, which would have meant the goverment would pay his debt in a way. But he worked for it, and we struggled with all the bills for years. Most of the time we got 100 euro to live from, the whole month. 2 of us, incl smkoing, bdays, clothing, food and such. Not to mention his son. But we did it, and we came out stronger than ever. We dont have any debt now, and we wont ever take a loan again, not if i can help it. But we still arent rich. Because every time you get a lill more money, youll notice things that you have to take care of, like certain insurances, alimoney, and so forth. So yes we do have more money now than we did back then. And we can live pretty good, for our standards. But i also know most ppl pay for groceries in a week what i pay for a month (or 2). I guess it just all depends on how important you think things are.
And right now, Loki is important. And if we have to eat bread with eggs for a few weeks, so be it, i wont mind. (it prolly wont be that bad, but you know what i mean)

Well, thats the story in a nutshell, trust me, if i told everything i would be talking for over a week. Weve had some bad times, but we got through them, and learned a lot. We know how strong we are, and that we will get through anything. But it still doenst make this any easier.

[edit] i have the sweetest boss -ever-. not only did she arrange for me the have monday off and ask how Loki was, but she also has calculated the bonus of this month and the last months (we missed them because we needed a new financial man at work), so that we will have them payed this month. Thats gonna be a lot of help with the bill of the vet. :)
Last edited by jasmine on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
CappuGirl

Post by CappuGirl »

Paulinha, I meant that like The natives dance to get rain, So I'll dance to get you a job. 8-) Haha, very smart of me.. :roll:

Sami
; I'm guessing my baking goods would get bad on the way to you.. Long way to go.. I'll bet the custom's guys would eat them. 8-)

HUGSIE to Honey!

I've had many dogs when I was growing up. I had a special tide to one of my dad's dog's. All his dogs had the same name: Utu. My Utu was brought to our lives when I was about 8. Our parents had just divorced (us kids were all very happy about the divorce :roll: might tell you something..) and we were visiting dad every weekend. Then his dog died and he had to get another one right away because he needs a dog to hunt with him. So he bought one from a local kennel. The kennel owner brought the dog in his van and as soon as he let the dog out of the car, it ran away. Nobody could catch it. He was very fast and strong. Dad was very proud of his new hunting buddy. I tried for a while but when everybody else gave up, I did too in a while. I went sitting by the dog house and started crying. I think that was the first time in my life when I realized I need something to nurish, to take care of to be happy.. I was sad that the dog that I had expected so much recented me. Then suddenly he was there. Cauciously sniffing the ground around me, getting closer bit by bit. Then he was sniffing my hand and licked it. And he led me pet him and hug him. He licked my face. We bonded. He was my dearest pet ever since. The adults were amazed that I had catched him. :lol: I played with him every weekend I was there until my mid-teens.

One of my teeth on the front is a bit skewed because one winter I ran to hug him (as always when I went to see him), And he was so excited that the he jumped against me a bit too strongly and our teeth clashed. My tooth chipped a little, ached for a few months until the tooth healed on it's own. Nobody ever thought of taking me to the dentist because of it and lately I've been thinking they should have. My smile looks weird thanks to it. But I have this lovely story to tell. Of my beloved Utu, who was killed one winter on my mid-teens when he got sick and there was no way to help him. Somebody shot him; my dad or my god father, because that's how hunters treat hurt animals.. Nobody thought I'd want to say my goodbye to him. I was shocked to find out he was gone when I went to visit dad and him one weekend. They just told me he was sick and had to be put down. And they told me where he had been burried. Of course dad took another dog, another Utu right after, but to me he couldn't be replaced..

I had another bonding with a puppy close to the time Utu died. My sister had this black dog called Bertta, who lived with us at our mom's place. That year there was a weird happening. Bertta was actually intentionally impregnated to breed perfect puppies. She didn't look much like the breed she was supposed to be, but the male dog did. He had those "fake eyes" above his real eyes. So came the day that Bertta gave birth. And I was her midwife in our tiny bathroom. My mom and sister told me to get away from there so Bertta could give birth in peace but she was terrified of doing it alone in the little room so I stayed and I calmed her. I had a good relationship with her too. Caring and trust between each other. I could let her run free on our long walks and she knew I only commanded her when it was for her own good or there was another good reason.. She always obeyed me perfectly. And she trusted me to be her midwife. Twice. First she was impregnated by some stray dog. She had five puppies, four of them killed right after. One left for my friend S...

But about this second time. She gave birth to eight puppies. It was 6 males and 2 females. One of the male puppies was black and about to die when it was born. I can honestly say I revived him. He was named Otto. He looked a lot like Utu actually. But he wasn't the one I bonded with. It was another male, the only male that had those fake eyes and beautiful russet spots in his fur. He took my heart the first moment I touched him. Seeked comfort from me, like I was his other mother. I named him Sweli. It was an african name; I don't know where I came up with it but I liked african things back then. I named one of the females after this one character in ER whose name was kinda african too.. I cared for all the puppies but Sweli was special. I had plans how I'd keep him and later take him with me when I moved out. Mom agreed. But then the puppies' dad's owner came and said that there was an agreement made when the breeding happened. That if any of the male puppies would have the race markers, the fake eyes, they would get that one as reward for letting us use his dog's sperm for free. So they took my Sweli. Twice in the same year my heart was broken over my furry kids. And a month later came the news of Sweli's death. They didn't really have use for him, they just gave him to some brat in their family who didn't look after him. So Sweli fell in to some well and drowned.. I took comfort in his sister Elli, that looked a lot like him. Had a similar relation ship with her as I did with her mother. But she wasn't really mine.

Oh.. Jeez.. Sorry.. I didn't mean to start writing novels here.. I got carried away.. Everyone telling their pet stories, I found a few in myself too.. Gawd.. I had tears writing them.. happy tears and missing tears.. I so need another pet, my kids need one too so they'll learn to love and take care of others.. I have to make an inquiry of my neighbours how'd they feel if we had a dog on the yard.. I hope it wouldn't be one that barks everytime people pass our house. People pass our house all the time.. We can't have an indoor-dog because hubs is allergic and I guess I am too now.. Oh how I miss the smell of the new born puppies right now.. sweetest smell..