Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by MRK »

Vampire elf...sure I'll make you a banner...Im a banner making machine! Just PM me any ideas or thoughts you have on what you'd like...
as for now I'm off to bed! I'm about to fall flat on my face lol
Its been a looong weekend but I did get my paper done yay!
Anyone else who would like a banner just PM me cause I'm starting to confuse everything lol!
Nite, Nite!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

ihad (imma call you this until you inform me otherwise :P), of course it's never too late to Twilight! The more the merrier! And thanks for the good luck :) Just call me Kim. And welcome :)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Hey Kim! sure thing!! :) By the way, my name's Honey! :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Oh, I completely forgot to reply to Sam. Of course we will go see Jackson's band in LA. Just try and stop me. :) We'll have to try to be really cool and stealth like this 8-) and not ridiculous and girly and blushing and such. Maybe we should take some acting classes, just to prepare. :)

Damn, and someone else said something I was gonna reply to and now I forgot. And by the time I get back from work, I'm sure there'll be like 4 more pages and I'll never find it. Oh well. :)
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

Puh, I had troubles logging in....

Twilight fan:
Since August 2008 (middle of August). I was looking for a nice book to read and came across Twilight (again). I had looked at the book before and like (who of you was it? - sorry can't remember!) I was "meh" too and put it back. By August I had heard about Twiligth in the media (Perez posted something) and I thought I'd give it a try but didn't buy all four books because I was pretty sure it wouldn't be that good. Obviously I was very wrong otherwise I wouldn't be here now. I read Twilight and bought the other books in one go (didn't get too much sleep till I was finished...). I'm so glad I only found out about twilight after all four books were released becuase waiting for the books is pure torture (I'm feeling for you, Tabs!). With HP I found out about the books around the time the fourth was released and waiting for the last three seemed to take forever!
At the same time (while reading the first book) I looked for Twilight on the internet and found out about the movie and various fan sites. That's when I found the lex but it took me till the beginning of October to dare and join. I joined because no one knew Twilight (whenever I gushed about it people gave me that weir lokk saying "she's going crazy, right?") and I'm glad to be here. Otherwise I would never have met all you lovely people! I agree with Paulinha here!

The movie:The sparkling didn't dazzle me either. I was more like, ok nice try... And the whole scene is weid. Edward is talking about his diet one minute and the next he is running and tells here she needs to see how he looks in the sunlight (without any prelude that statement doesn't make much sense to me!).

Jasmine:
My bf is an Edward/jacob mixture too. Warm (good for my always ice cold feet) and laughing all the time, making fun (my personal sun, so to say). And romantic and caring in a very Edward way. And pale with reddish haire and green eyes. But all in all I#d say he's my personal Edward!

MRK: THANKS for making me a banner! *hugs* I'll send you some ideas when I'm home! Basically I'd love something that has a picture from the prom scene (dancing in that pavillion)!

Wingtear: Don't know what happend or what made you sad but just so you know we're always there for you. You can always pm e if you want to talk (same goes for everyone of you!).

Three Musketeers: yeah, Cahrlie Sheen was great too! We had a crush on him as well (I love Two and a half men btw, my bf and I are always watching that show).

What I wanted to add: sorry, if I can't precisely remember who said what but after three pages of posts it gets kinda fuzzy! :lol: And I'm sorry if I screw up with the names but I somehow can't keep screen name/real name straight! My apologies! :oops:

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
CappuGirl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CappuGirl »

Oh shoot.. I lack of concentration right now.. Feel a bit sick.. All morning, like I'm gonna through up any moment.. Must be something I ate last night...So I can't concentrate on reading properly, just took a quick look through.. Sorry I don't remember much..

Ninna.. *belated hugs* Hope you feel better...

When Twilight.. Last september I came across one TV-series with nothing to do with Twilight. But I got so into this one actor (because I had loved many movies I'd seen him in before), I logged into his fansite that I had seen so many times before. Then i found out they have this fairly active messageboard. And then there was talk about the actors in our favorite series and how one of them is playing Mike in Twilight. So they lured me into the Twilight-disgussion. They got me so interestead in the story, I went to play.com and ordered Twilight. First book I ever read in english. And I was hooked. I was in agony waiting for the rest of the books. 8-) I felt like an addict awaiting for her fix. :lol: So.. I owe to this actor, Chris Marquette (his fansite), for getting me into Twilight. That's why I wanna cast him in my fanfic, you get me now Ninna? *whink*

Why I actually came here and what I wanted to post... You wanna hear Kristen sing? She has a beautiful voice. Just go to http://www.intothewild.com/ and choose "VIDEOS" and watch the last one. Or watch all of them.

I did. And that movie started to intrigue me almost as much as Twilight did. So.. I now have it and I just watched it this morning, trying to energize myself. For some reason watching movies in the morning gives my days a better start. :D But I still feel sick so good luck with all the stuff I was planning to do today.. Damnit. I'll bet it takes the whole day to start feeling better and then I'm up half the night again.. *whistle* Anyways, it was an amazing movie. Didn't even mind that it lasted for 2,5 hours. It would have sucked if they'd tried to make it shorter..
Last edited by CappuGirl on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

Hello to everyone, and hello to Honey and Annie, glad to have you here! :D

I haven’t signed into the Lex at all since Friday, gahhh! I’m not very pleased about that, but oh well. Friday at work was pretty busy, and I just kept wanting to tell all my co-workers “Leave me alone! It is FRIDAY! Don’t you understand that I don’t feel like doing any work?! Don’t you understand that work keeps me from posting on the Lex all day? JEEZE.” But alas, I was a good employee, and worked instead of being around here with you lovely people. Then Saturday was just busy… I was out of the house all day. And yesterday I had big plans to get some stuff done around the house, run some errands, and catch up on my Lex posting of course. But one phone call from a friend changed all that… and I ended up going with a few of my friends to see the Dark Knight in IMAX which was AMAZING and totally worth it! I know I’ve missed a bunch (we’re on a new thread!) but I’ll just sort of jump right in…

Hottest Actresses:
1. Megan Fox
2. Jessica Alba
3. Elisha Cuthbert

Hottest Actors (NOTE: Just picking three is not going to be easy!)
1. Channing Tatum
2. Josh Hartnett (I’ve had a thing for him for years :oops: )
3. Ummm shoot… I’m down to the last one and I still have several in mind… ummm… I’ll go with Ashton Kutcher for now (he makes me laugh, which gives him extra hot points)

How long have you been a Twilight Addict?
*Sighs* Just since August of 2008. It makes me sad that it took me as long as it did to pick up the books. But I tend to be a bit “contrary” when it comes to things that receive a lot of hype.. and by that I mean, I usually steer clear from the things that are getting way hyped-up because in the end, I typically feel like whatever it was isn’t worth all of the hype, and I end up feeling disappointed and let down. So by the time I started hearing about the series, I just kept thinking that it could never live up to the hype and couldn’t possibly be *that* good, and pretty much dug my heels into the ground and didn’t even want to read the books! But luckily, while in the bookstore one day, I decided to pick up Twilight (just the first one) to see what all of the fuss was about, and so that I could form my own opinion of it. I was HOOKED! I fell in love with the story right away and couldn’t believe I almost missed out on such an amazing series because I didn’t think it would live up to the expectations *head desk*. I finished Twilight one night before work, and flew to the bookstore at the end of the following work day to buy the rest of the series. I haven’t been this captivated by a book ever… but I’m so incredibly happy to have been so thoroughly dazzled by Stephenie’s awesome creation :)

P.S.

CappuGirl- Love the haircut and color! You’re lookin goooood *whistles* ;)
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

CiaoBella wrote:Hello to everyone, and hello to Honey and Annie, glad to have you here! :D
Hi there CiaoBella! nice meeting you too :)
Hottest Actors (NOTE: Just picking three is not going to be easy!)
1. Channing Tatum
Oh i go for him, too!! He's YUMMY haha :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
OktoSink
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by OktoSink »

Hi everyone! I just got back from an 8am Physiology class and my teeth are still chattering. It's -3 degrees outside and snowing... dumb lake effect snow... I definitely have the winter blues. I feel like I'm sad all the time for absolutely no reason. I thirst for sunshine! That groundhog better see his shadow next week, or I'm hunting him down... (For those of you who are unfamiliar with groundhog day, its feb. 2 and its just a silly way of predicting how long winter is going to last based on if a fat groundhog sees his shadow or not... rarely accurate)

Cappu Ah! Feel better!!! That sounds miserable! Love you're hair by the way!

I'm definitely an Edward fan. I am a HUGE sucker for chivalry. Its possible that its because I'm lazy and like having stuff done for me :oops:, but I'd rather like to think that its because I go weak in the knees for romantics. SenorGimp, you keep on fighting the chivalry battle! I believe it can make a comeback!

Kim Good luck with those jobs you applied for!!! They'd all be lucky to have you as an employee! I believe the question about the swap was if you'd like us to post links to images of the gifts we all received, I think the idea was so that we could guess who sent what, instead of everyone just revealing who had them.

Hope everyone is well... and for all of those who live in cold climates like me... stay warm!!!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

hey everyone i am home sick ehh. thought i was feeling better but not the case bleh

So when did i become addicted to Twilight?
Well one day my best friend came over and she is like I am reading this book about vampires and humans and werewolves and I was like oh jeez. and she was trying to convince me to read the books and that it was a love story and whatever. I really never had the intentions to read it because it sounded so corny to me! So I was like alright I will try it and she gave me the book. This was September of 2008. I had the book on my floor for literally a week before I decided to pick it up and start reading. WELL.. once i started I didnt stop, I read all 4 books in a week! lol and thats when i became addicted to twilight.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3