Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Gen Y -- The 20 something's thread

Post by jasmine »

no you're not the only one. I like edward, whats not to like, he reminds me so much of my own love. Genltemanlike, romantic, etc. I like jacob aswell, exactly the way bella does. Jacob would be my best friend aswell, hes exactly the kind of type i used to hang out with.Ive had a thing for wolves all of my life, so jacob is cool in my eyes. I dont really understand ppl who dislike either one, maybe its because i can really relate to bella, i think i would feel exactly the same.

Anyway i cant dislike either because they both remind me of my hubby:
Jacob: he has the same kind of smile, one which can light my day. He has 2 wolves paws tattood on his back, we even have some of his paintings hanging around with a wolf on them. Hes always really warm, hes big and strong. And hes my best friend.
Edward: hes a big romantic, is a real gentleman (the day we met he kissed my hand :) ) , and he would do anything for me. And ofcourse he loves me and married me. :mrgreen:

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

How very sweet!
It's good to know that chivalry is not completely dead, that I'm not fighting for a lost cause. lol
But yes, they both have their virtues and flaws, and are both amazing characters that Bella is somehow lucky enough to gain both of their love...
That was very poor sentence structure, but it would have taken like 15 seconds of thought to be able to reword it correctly, and I was unwilling to wait that long. lol again
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

Welcome Honey and Annie! Just jump right in and you'll soon get settled. :D

I'm distinctly getting the feeling I'm going to have to watch Pineapple Express. :)

When did you become a Twilight addict? Well it was about the middle of November 2008. I'd seen trailers for the movie and not been overly keen. Probably would have seen it anyway, but wasn't hanging out. Then my 18 year old brother asked if I wanted to go to the shopping centre with him, because he was going in to buy this vampire book. I was like "excuse me, you're going all the way to the shops to buy a book. (As you can probably guess, he's not much of a book buyer.) Anyway, we went, he bought it and read it non-stop for the next day, then went down to buy the second one! I was intruiged, so the following evening I borrowed it and started reading at 11pm, and finished the book at 7am the next morning. And the rest, as they say is history. He kept buying them, I kept borrowing them. We read them in about 4 days, and then I had to wait a week and a half for the movie to come out, which was long enough, believe me. I'm glad I didn't find Twilight before the others were released. It would have killed me. I'm already suffering over the third The Mortal Instruments book, and it's out in March. I hate waiting. :x

I like Edward, Holly! I'm a big Edward lover and Jacob really gets on my nerves for a lot of the books. When I go back, I don't mind him in New Moon so much, but later on I think he just gets kind of jerky. I do feel sorry for him, but I think he's kind of unfair to Bella. I just think Jake thinks a lot more about what's better for himself, and Edward thinks a lot more about what's better for Bella. I mean, he even leaves her, even though it nearly destroys him, because he doesn't want to take away her life. Aww. My vote for Edward. :D (Although, I am becoming more and more a fan of Jace Wayland. Did I mention the runes?)

Oh, I used to go linedancing every week when I lived in Ireland. I think it was right when it was like this big craze everywhere. I really enjoyed it. :oops:
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Oh, I used to go linedancing every week when I lived in Ireland. I think it was right when it was like this big craze everywhere. I really enjoyed it
Where did that^ come from?
Not that I mind, I just laughed a bit from the seeming randomness of your statement... :lol:
I much prefer a mosh pit myself...
to each their own! :D
Tabs
Learning to Love Green

Post by Tabs »

:D Cause Sam was saying her and a friend ended up at a western bar and her friend did linedancing.
Awesome banner by MRK

Member of the Gen Y Lexily!

I <3 Shadowhunters - Cause rune tattoos are SO hot, and Jace would never hurt the Cullens, they're good vampires.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

must have missed that part. :D lol
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Thanks for the welcome Lieziewiezie, OktoSink, animegaijingirl, Can'tbreathe and Tabs!

and Hello everyone!! :) For the birthday list, mine is 12.23.82 :)
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
ihadanEdwardRush

Then I have to answer this:
How long have you been a Twilight addict?

Well, I'm kinda late with the "phenomenon." It was November 2008. It's a shame that I got to see the film first before reading the books. And I was like, "who's that," "what, vampire?." Then after watching the movie, I got to hold the books, read Twilight in a day, I didn't even go to work that day. and since then, I got hooked. Read the four novels in four days! I literally held myself on hostage. :) I never been this hooked with anyone, anything..and then I got to see Twilight Lexicon through SM's Web site so that's it..I'm here, joining some threads, joining some things, and typing this thing out. :) oh Great!
Last edited by ihadanEdwardRush on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Whatttt...Haha you guys are all relatively new Twilight fans. I remember finding out the movie was going to be made. I was like "Really? Twilight? That little book that I love so desperately that no one else knows?" My how times change. :lol:

And I am proud and happy to say I successfully applied to 7 jobs today! A record!! :D

As for Edward/Jacob count me onto Team Jacob. The first time through the series I hated Jacob. He was like an irritating flea. Then a friend who is a Jacob lover convinced me to take a more tolerant Jacob approach. I appreciate how he helped Bella in her darkest hour but there's just no comparing between anyone else and Edward. Edward is just my idea of the perfect man. I love him :( Whenever I start seeing new people I have to remind myself Edward isn't real so that I don't have unrealistic expectations.

And what was this about images and the swap that I organized? I missed something...
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
ihadanEdwardRush

Cymbrelynn wrote:Whatttt...Haha you guys are all relatively new Twilight fans. I remember finding out the movie was going to be made. I was like "Really? Twilight? That little book that I love so desperately that no one else knows?" My how times change. :lol:
Yeah, it's such a shame!! LOL but nevertheless, there's no late thing with Twilight right?
And I am proud and happy to say I successfully applied to 7 jobs today! A record!! :D
Congrats Cymbrelynn and gudluck! :)